papa-g is offline Member

Weird forearm pain ?????

So the last few months I've been getting a weird pain on the outside of my left forearm. About the middle on the outer part. The pain feels like a bone bruise but does not hurt when you touch it. I get a sharp deep bone pain when I do heavy preacher curls, barbell or cable curls. It hurts during some other movements but mostly those I mentioned. Any ideas.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Make sure you dont rotate your wrist even at the bottom. Keep your palm facing up. Mine was like that for a while and once I stop rotating it went away. You can go back to rotating after the pain stops.

papa-g is offline Member
    That's a possibility. I started doing way was called. "Zottmon" curl with dumbells. If you're not sure what they are you start palm down and rotate to palm up as you curl.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like forearm splints.. I used to get them in my first year or 2 or serious training, exactly the way you describe it... Run a google search on it... Very very common lots of info out there on it...mine eventually went away.. Stopped doing preachers for a long time and started going light on bb curls. Started doing alot of hammers till it went away... I now have zero issues..

papa-g is offline Member
    Ok good tip. Hammer dont hurt near as much or at all sometimes. And similar to a shin split would be a good description.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papa-g
    Ok good tip. Hammer dont hurt near as much or at all sometimes. And similar to a shin split would be a good description.
    Yup have a read about it, they do go away with rest, I just went light, used hammers and dropped preachers for a while, fairly common for alot of people when they start hitting it hard.

Tom_Tom is offline New Member
    I'm not saying you have the same situation as me... But, I had a lingering pain along with soreness/tightness in the same area for a few months. I just kept training through it & going heavy. Then I wound up completely tearing my bicep last may. After surgery & lots of PT just got back into the gym in march.

Lesson learned: Always listen to your body! Lol

crazy mike is offline Banned for repping Dangerous Substances
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    Sounds like forearm splints.. I used to get them in my first year or 2 or serious training, exactly the way you describe it... Run a google search on it... Very very common lots of info out there on it...mine eventually went away.. Stopped doing preachers for a long time and started going light on bb curls. Started doing alot of hammers till it went away... I now have zero issues..
    I agree . I had a lot of forearm problems years ago and so that is some of what I did. I had to go lighter on straight barbell curls. I had to find what grip didn't hurt. It's mostly the grip hurting a weak area. If you've gotten heavier in a short time that can cause it. It will go away eventually but you will have to baby it. In the long run you have time to grow. ....crazy mike
    Last edited by crazy mike; 04-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had that exact same problem, it really bugged me to do hammer curl, so I didn't do em. It hurt everyday.

I used A535 RELIGOUSLY, and anything that bothered my forearm I avoided( to an extent ) ... and it finally went away.

Now my shoulder hurts, fml.

papa-g is offline Member
    Thanx for all the input guys. I hope it gets better soon.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Oh and one of those cheap compression bands seem to help also. Yeah try not to rotate for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Mine got better quickly.

Thread Information