Thread: Shin pains

whitetop is offline New Member

Shin pains

Hi

I keep getting real bad pulling pains just blow my knee cap, it feels like i did some damage to the muscle ( not been to doctors yet due to stupid waiting time)

Story, i ended up in a fight with a dick of a cousin after he dissed my dead granddad and murdered brother, well he was waiting by a shop after my FLT was finished for the day and went to swing for my lil bro so i got hold of him and threw him to the ground, but as a dick he was took me with him and smashed my leg up while punching crap out his face, i never knew my leg was bad till i got back home and blood was dripping down my leg, but i had no pains just picked the stones out and cleaned it up.

Now its been about 6 months and my legs started killing me where i did my shin in. would anyone know what this could be before i get to the doctors next friday.

(yes i know no ones a doctor but people seem to know their stuff on this sector)

Blog Entries
    If its been six months then most likely the injury did not occur from the fight, othewise it would of been obvious within days. Nobody knows what you do to workout legs so there is no way to tell if its a sports injury. I used to have very bad shin splints from running in combat boots and humping full gear up mountains. They resolved with rest.

SidVicious77 is offline Associate Member
    Pain just below the kneecap could be patellar tendinitis. Are your hamstrings balanced with your quads in terms of strength and workload?

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious77 View Post
    Pain just below the kneecap could be patellar tendinitis. Are your hamstrings balanced with your quads in terms of strength and workload?
    Yes, all my body shape and movements are right as far as i know.

This don't seem to be a workout injury, i was just sitting by my pc one day and it just came on like i am ripping my muscle from a bone, i had it bad up my moms yesterday.

The fight did do stuff to my shin but i've ignored it as it was nothing big but where the feeling is its about 5cm from a cut i had due to the fight.

I agree with Hello that it sounds too long after the fight to be related. Thing is, it doesn't take much to overload tendons though we take them so much for granted - In this case, possibly slightly improper tracking of your patella caused by improper muscle firing patterns. Could either be Vastus Medialis not firing enough at the bottom of your squats/leg press, or glutes and hams not balancing quads enough, or even faulty form (too much knee flexion at the expense of hip flexion), which you wouldn't be able to catch unless you recorded video or had someone critique it while you work out. Point is, all this is just guesswork. The only way to really know what it is is to see a doc and get an MRI done - a bit expensive but the only way to really know.

Hi guys/girls!

Sorry not replied, doc appointment got canceled so have to make new appointment. this picture shows where the pulling is. not sure why its doing it as i'm as active as i can with 3 kids.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0761.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	160350

So that's exactly where patellar tendinitis would hurt. Doesn't mean that that is what it is, but it's very likely. Wait till you've seen a doc...

So that's exactly where patellar tendinitis would hurt. Doesn't mean that that is what it is, but it's very likely. Wait till you've seen a doc...
    Ok thank you for the reply, I have looked it up and yes you are right it could be it but knowing my doctor he will just say its how god made us like the last problem i had, next thing i know i had a stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetop View Post
    Ok thank you for the reply, I have looked it up and yes you are right it could be it but knowing my doctor he will just say its how god made us like the last problem i had, next thing i know i had a stroke.
    Crap. That sucks. Don't settle for that sort of treatment, find a better doctor, and insist on an mri if you can afford it/it's covered by your insurance.
    OK, so if it is patellar tendinitis, that's an overuse injury usually caused by being too quad dominant on leg movements. Try activating your glutes more by, for example, sitting further back during squats and keeping your weight on your heels. That allows you to use hip drive to reduce some of the load on your quads. If I'm right, you should be able to see an appreciable difference in the amount of pain right away.

I walk heel to toe, since a old accident i had to learn to walk again so learned that way, I have stopped my squats due to this problem with my shin as it don't hurt as much but it still moves my leg when doing so due to the pain.

Wife is on the phone to doctors to try and see a new doctor and hopefully its my main doctor

After a long problem with my surgery i have now got a appointment in the morning, with a different doctor

Well seen the doctor and while even in pain, the git would not listen to me and only looked at it at a glimps, tried to give me muscle rub so i told him if i wanted that i'll go pay for it, so he has gave me bloating tablets that have nothing to do with my problem, (reporting my surgery to NHS).

Would anyone know what i can do at home to help as i can just about get to sleep due to the pain or walk, even the knee joint has gone like liquid like nothing is there.

Sheesh, that's ridiculous. Sounds like you're in the UK, don't you have private clinics there you can visit?
    Wearing a knee brace and NSAIDs like ibuprofen can help keep the pain down short term, but you absolutely need to get to the bottom of this asap.

Sheesh, that's ridiculous. Sounds like you're in the UK, don't you have private clinics there you can visit?
    Wearing a knee brace and NSAIDs like ibuprofen can help keep the pain down short term, but you absolutely need to get to the bottom of this asap.
    Yes i'm in the uk, I have put a complaint in today and by my surprise i got a refund on the tablets and paying to see my doctor(why i got to pay i don't know but glade wife works)

I have a few clinics by me so i'll see what i can get done or i could so see the doctor who helped on my back injury.

Do it. It might be expensive but it's worth it if you can solve whatever's wrong with you.

Well I've tried the tablets and they are doing nothing but make my shin go numb, after the tablets have gone out my system its a pain from hell. its only 2 weeks of tablets so i'm going to finish them and if i still got the pain i'm reporting to NHS and off to see a private doctor. (only problem with the doc i seem was i have to be right color/ yes his a racist git)

Thread Information