Az0342 is offline New Member

Distal clavicle osteolysis (lifters shoulder)

So i've been diagnosed with distal clavicle osteolysis. The three recommendations are to rest for 6 to 8 weeks, surgery to remove the distal end of the clavicle, or grind through it until the distal end of the clavicle completely wears down and dissipates. Any advice?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Basically this is inflammation in the AC joint. You could have some small fractures in the clavicle. Either way I'd avoid surgery at all costs. It'll never be right after surgery. You may have some instability issues after surgery so see if you can heal it without it.
    I've had this more than a few times from heavy benching and it will heal on it's own. You don't have to stop working out. Just back off the weights and do higher reps. 15-20 reps per set to flush blood into the area. If a movement hurts, STOP. Find another movement that doesn't hurt. Avoid flat BB bench. Try DBs but if it hurts stop immediately. It should take a good 8 weeks for the fractures to heal. Take it easy and give it time. You don't want to have surgery if you can avoid it.

Az0342 is offline New Member
    I've done exactly that for 4 weeks now and I'm turning a corner and felling better. I need to remember to not push it just because I'm feeling good. Thank you!

Thread Information