This has been a nagging issue for me for about a year now, I've seem a physiotherapist about it and he said rest it for two weeks and it should be fine. That did not work. I broke my thumb recently and was in a cast for 6 weeks, that didn't heal it either.

My pain is felt around the brachioradialis. Not in the elbow area, but more in the forearm and close to its insertion point near the elbow. I can do any palms facing forward bicep movement no problem.

But my favorite bicep exercise hammer curls are causing pain. When I initially start doing hammers right after a palms forward bicep exercise ie. barbell preachers. I get a sharp pain initially even with the lightest of dumbbells and it feels generally weak in the area. But after 20 or so reps it seems to get used to the movement and the pain goes away and I get much stronger with each rep. Is there something going on with misaligned muscle fibers or something? It sucks because hammers really bring out the bicep outer head, I can work them with narrow grip barbell curls but not so much the Brachioradialis.

Ideas?? Or suggestions on what kind of doc I should see??