• 1 Post By Lee_1978
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: Nerve damage in back

Lee_1978 is offline Member

Nerve damage in back

Hi,

I've just completed my fifth cycle during which I pulled a muscle in my back after a particularly intense session, which continues to bother me post cycle. It's caused discomfort, mild pain, tingling and major stiffness in my neck. I've concluded that i must have caused some nerve damage due to the symptoms I've been experiencing. To top it off, my right shoulder is really sore which is hindering my lifts. All in all, it's been for a pretty poor cycle, where I struggled to gain 4 kg!

I guess I'm wondering how i should approach training, given i'm not in optimum condition?

Any thoughts?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would go ahead and get evaluated, whether you see an ortho or a chiro. It could be that some simple exercises opens up the cervical spine and releases pressure on the nerve, or some other variation. If you have any inkling that it is nerve related, I wouldn't wait around, it will only prolong the healing time.
    Lee_1978 and BG like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I agree with AG, I never took care of mine and now I have serious issues. I went to a chiro and then a physical therapist and it took the feeling away from my neck like I had a knife stuck in it, but I trained through it for so long damage is done.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I would go ahead and get evaluated, whether you see an ortho or a chiro. It could be that some simple exercises opens up the cervical spine and releases pressure on the nerve, or some other variation. If you have any inkling that it is nerve related, I wouldn't wait around, it will only prolong the healing time.
    Great.

I'll look into that. I was also thinking of a good massage to relieve the stiffness.
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    I agree with AG, I never took care of mine and now I have serious issues. I went to a chiro and then a physical therapist and it took the feeling away from my neck like I had a knife stuck in it, but I trained through it for so long damage is done.
    So you continued training all the while?
    BG likes this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    So you continued training all the while?
    Yes then it got to the point where I couldn't train. Nerve damage becomes unmanageable and doesnt hurt in the gym, its when your out which will drive you crazy. I have numbness in my hands, atrophy in my tricep and now my chest gets it sometimes.....when it twitches, thats the first sign its getting bad.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I had a pinched nerve c5 c6.

It caused severe pain in my shoulder and elbows. I mean unbearable. Weird thing was my neck/back didnt hurt at all.

A part of my left front delt was strung so tight it was like a nylon rope beneath my skin.
    Hurt like a bitch. About three or four trips to a chiro and it released finally.

The pain in my elbow and shoulder was so damn bad I couldnt sleep worth a damn.

With any spinal pain or injury get to a doctor or chiro quick. My dad ignored his for years until one day he was walking across his garage and collapsed screaming. He was in the hospital a couple weeks and got a spinal tap. He was never even 50% after that day.

When a nerve gets pinched and causes contraction of muscles in the spine that pinches it even worse it can paralyze you and cause incontinence for life.
    Not a cool thing to screw with.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    I ruptured my C4,C5, and C6 a few years back. Basically put me out for 2 years. Lost 2” on my right arm (tricep melted off) in a few days. Couldn’t Bench press an empty bar for I don’t know how long. Still don’t have feeling from my middle finger to my pinky finger in my right hand. Knowing what I know now there are better ways I could have dealt with it.
    Obs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Yes then it got to the point where I couldn't train. Nerve damage becomes unmanageable and doesnt hurt in the gym, its when your out which will drive you crazy. I have numbness in my hands, atrophy in my tricep and now my chest gets it sometimes.....when it twitches, thats the first sign its getting bad.
    Man, my whole left arm and pecs have been twitching uncontrollably!

I'd better not delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I had a pinched nerve c5 c6.

It caused severe pain in my shoulder and elbows. I mean unbearable. Weird thing was my neck/back didnt hurt at all.

A part of my left front delt was strung so tight it was like a nylon rope beneath my skin.
    Hurt like a bitch. About three or four trips to a chiro and it released finally.

The pain in my elbow and shoulder was so damn bad I couldnt sleep worth a damn.

With any spinal pain or injury get to a doctor or chiro quick. My dad ignored his for years until one day he was walking across his garage and collapsed screaming. He was in the hospital a couple weeks and got a spinal tap. He was never even 50% after that day.

When a nerve gets pinched and causes contraction of muscles in the spine that pinches it even worse it can paralyze you and cause incontinence for life.
    Not a cool thing to screw with.
    Sounds brutal.

How can you tell if it's nerve or muscle damage?

Obs
    Sounds brutal.

I can't.
    It would take a doctor with imaging

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I can't.
    It would take a doctor with imaging
    What does Dr Obs say????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    What does Dr Obs say????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He says:
    It will be fine stop being a puss, and I am horny.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sounds brutal.

It may require a NCV test for verification vs. just imaging.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information