Thread: forearm pain

anabolics1 is offline New Member

forearm pain

Ive been reading a few other posts that say forearm pain but don't no if it is the exact same as mine. I have had the pain for a little over a year, i really don't remember how it stated but im sure it had to do with curls. i cant use a straight bar at all and cant use cables to curl either. the pain isn't when im lifting its when i release to quickly. the only way to avoid the pain is to release very very slowly. doesn't hurt when doing dumbbell curls or hammer curls. haven't been to the doctor yet but hes prob just ganna tell me to stop lifting. im sure theres no doctors here but if anybody has had the same pain and if theres any tips/advice to help with pain or to what hell is wrong with my arm?

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolics1 View Post
    Ive been reading a few other posts that say forearm pain but don't no if it is the exact same as mine. I have had the pain for a little over a year, i really don't remember how it stated but im sure it had to do with curls. i cant use a straight bar at all and cant use cables to curl either. the pain isn't when im lifting its when i release to quickly. the only way to avoid the pain is to release very very slowly. doesn't hurt when doing dumbbell curls or hammer curls. haven't been to the doctor yet but hes prob just ganna tell me to stop lifting. im sure theres no doctors here but if anybody has had the same pain and if theres any tips/advice to help with pain or to what hell is wrong with my arm?
    Yes I've had exactly what you described. You don't have to stop exercising, however, taking a week or two off your biceps initially wouldn't hurt. Then just use lighter weights, you can still get great workouts with lighter weights just really focus on form and squeeze. Then after a while go heavy one week then light then next 1 or 2 weeks, basically whatever you can do that will keep the pain not from coming back. If you keep trying to curl the heaviest thing you possibly can every week the pain is guaranteed not to go away and maybe get worse. FYI my pain has never come back

anabolics1 is offline New Member
    thanks for the reply, glad to hear that i don't have to stop training, im actually in the middle of a cycle so i might just skip a week on my biceps, and return to light weight. Now when you say focus on squeeze do you mean try not to squeeze as hard?

Thread Information