reconrover is offline New Member

Wink 1st Deca Test-E cycle

Howdy, 42 first cycle. Things are going well, but I do think I've made some mistakes...so any and all advice is very welcome.

Started on 250 mg of Deca . After the first week I started to notice a lot more strength, and endurance in the gym.

I got really sick on week three and had to delay things from my flu....so back onto the Deca, but I moved up to 500mg....great difference in the gym, and I could see and feel the muscle coming on quicker...and I could push 20% more weight easily.

Halfway thru the cycle I had a friend recommend adding Test-E to the cycle, and immediately I could see even bigger gains.....but I also started having side effects. A few day ago I started to notice that I was really retaining water...especially around my lower legs and ankles...I mean really swollen. Also I started to get mild acne on my face, and can't seem to get a handle on it.

Other issues...recovery. I've always had a problem with recovery...I think mostly due to my having some sleep apnoea. With the big gains I'm experiencing....I'm also noticing that it's taking me much, much longer to recover than I would have normally experienced. Upped my protein intake to 1.5grams per lb...and I find it's hard to get above that amount.

I think the swelling was due to too much salt intake, and a few days with too many carbs...along with not really doing any aerobic exercise.

My big issue at present seems to be the recovery, and water retention... open to any suggestions from you?

Oh yeah..last thing...I had a really clean diet for the first two months, and lately I've been slipping due to work schedule, etc....and I really notice the flab coming on quickly..

Thanks guys.

Flamingo is offline New Member
    Running deca by itself isnt really the best of ideas, but good to see you've added test to it now.

The recovery issue your having is a surprise to me, when I was on I was recovering really fast compared to normal. This leads me to think your not doing one or both of two things..eating and sleeping enough.

How much are you sleeping and what is your diet consisting of?
    What is your training regime like?
    What exactly is your cycle looking like in total, including PCT?

You say you upped your diet to 1.5grams of protien. It should have been at least 2grams per lbs to start with.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    ^^agree. post you diet and stats.

Thumbs up Response on diet, etc.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delayed response. I'm in Afghanistan, and sometimes the net connection is non existent.

Allright on the diet....when I was good:
    Tuna for breakfast along with two pieces of toast
    Lunch...usually more tuna, and a protein shake (50mg)
    Post workout, 50mg protein shake
    Dinner....varied, but small portion of pasta and some type of meat and vegetables.

When I was slipping:
    Toast and oatmeal
    Tuna and protein shake for lunch
    Sometimes snack food like popcorn, or cookies
    Dinner, mashed potatoes, meat dish, veggies
    post dinner, someting sweet
    post workout, protein shake
    microwave popcorn late at night.

Now I know the sleep apnea is screwing things up....have difficulty getting proper sleep...one day 4 hrs, another day maybe 6...rare to get 8 so I was taking naps in the afternoon before working out to try and bridge the gap.

Being overseas I don't have the luxury of being able to purchase proper meat, and other dietary goods, but I am headed home soon, and that will change.

Currently I'm using 500mg of Deca , and 500mg of Test Enth once every 5 days.

Workout routine is following the suggested workout on the site....however, I usually didn't take a lot of days off in between...this is something I've worked in in the last 3 weeks to try and get a proper routine together.

Also.....on the swelling up....turns out the Test I had purchased was actually Testoviron Depot, not Test Enth. I've since switched to proper Test Enthanate, and am awaiting a solid week to go by to see how things are working out.

Good....My bi's and tri's are getting much bigger, very fast, and everyone has noticied....lats are getting much bigger, as are deltoids. Chest remains very slow in the noticeable gains dept...but strength has improved considerably.

Thanks for any input guys.

P

PCT now

Well howdy all. Just an update post 1st cycle.

I switched to Test Enth along with the Deca , and still had the swelling issues, but not as bad. I work in the middle east, and just flew back to the states. On the long flight I tell ya, everything swelled up...fingers, ankles, calves, etc. Sooo, my own internal lesson...if I'm gonna use Test with a cycle, make sure I'm very low on the sodium intake, and that I'm incorporating a lot of cardio in to help flush out some of the fluid retention.

Currently I'm on my PCT with 10mg Novaldex, and 10mg of Armidex (f'ing expensive). Wondering if I should up the Nolvadex to 20mg? I also have some Chlomid, but from what I've read it's not really all that effective?

I got an email yesterday from a friend of mine from college I haven't seen in 15 years. He saw some pics of me posted on our frat blog....he said, holy shit, what happened to you, your huge!!! Yeah, a little swelling, and some acne...it was worth it. Soooo, I can't wait to finish out this PCT cycle, and head back into a more thorough program next go around.

Started out at 235lbs (6'1), ended out at 245 lbs. The big thing is that for the first half of the cycle I really trimmed down, and all my gains were muscle. I did pudge up a bit the last 5 weeks...but now it's all getting back on track. I probably gained a lot more in the muscle category while pushing aside the fat I had previously. At 42....I'm finally seeing big gains...instead of working really hard, and not really seeing anything major.

For now, working on hard to keep my gains, and adding a lot of cycling while I'm back in the states.

Pat
    Last edited by reconrover; 12-06-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: forgot to add weight gains

jackjackson is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear this, Keep up the good work and be on top of your diet no matter what.
    Diet is key IMO

BTW the cycle your on is the one I plan to do sometime in my future after I build my base out and grow a lil more natty

Your upcoming cycle

I tell ya, I was honestly surprised at the gains. I was pretty skeptical of the whole thing at first. I got together with three guys who had cycled several times in the past.

One fellow stuck to Deca only...he made really big strength gains....his size was up some...but he was really more lean muscle, and more definition.

The other guys that were working the Deca and Test...well let me tell ya, they were HUGE...and lean.

Learned a lot of lessons this go around...especially watching the diet. In 3 months I'll have a much more focused plan.

I'm work overseas in the middle east, and picking the stuff up is pretty easy and cheap...BUT I did find out that their concentrations are lower than what you'd probaby get in real countries. Deca is Pakistani, Test is from Iran, all in those annoying glass amps you have to crack open.

Thread Information