cuthere100 is offline New Member

New - Looking For

Brand new to the idea of steroids , and just finished reading the "First Cycle" guide here, and ordered a few books from Amazon. (Anabolics)

I'm not in any rush to begin a cycle just yet, as I realize I need to get my research completed and my training foundation set, so I realize I'm months and months away from kicking off, but still would like to get some feedback.

I am:

39 year old male
    Just over 5'10
    187 pounds
    Haven't had my BF % tested yet, but I have trained enough in the past to know that when I drop 14 - 15 lbs I'll have visible 6 pack, and I carry a large portion of my extra fat on my waist when I'm out of shape. Very little elsewhere. Just ordered some calipers though to get a better idea.

Been years since I trained though, so I'm kicking off with my new cutting cycle to drop this ugly 14 - 15 lbs and get comfortable with the big lifts again. Then I'll kick off a bulk phase to up my strength to levels needed.

I know I've read many places injecting is ideal, but just being frank here, not going to happen with me. Does that mean I should give up on the idea of a cycle? I've read conflicting articles about oral only cycles. Some saying they can be great and effective if implemented properly, others saying "forget about it, inject, or go home".

Would love to hear your feedback. If oral only is a viable option, what would be your recommendation for me? (Again, I understand I should not actually start a cycle until I get my body fat down, strength levels up, and am comfortable with a strict routine)

I feel I should begin asking around and researching heavily now, as it could take months before I even feel I have enough reading under my belt to make a proper judgement call. I tend to be more conservative with decisions involving my health. I don't want to get impatient and make a dumb decision that can mess me up. Which is what brought me here to watch, read, and discuss.

Oh, and I left out above. I'm not looking to be massive (Subjective term) - But after I put on a lean 10 lbs of muscle, (In the past) - I generally find the next 5 - 8 pounds are painfully slow to realize. So that's what I'm after. I'd love to see 15 - 20 pound increase in lean mass, without feeling like I'm waiting forever to get there. 10 lbs seems to be pretty "Easy" when you're moving from not training, to training right. But then it seems those gains dry up for me and become a crawl.

I know steroids aren't a magic bullet, but if I nail down my nutrition and train heavy I'd love to see if an oral only cycle could get me there. Thanks in advance.

gymmonster is offline Associate Member
    Welcome
    This is where you need to be bro
    all the info you need

oral only is no good for many reasons
    1 main 1 is you will shut down or at least lower your natural Test production
    Last edited by gymmonster; 02-13-2017 at 01:57 PM.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Hello Cuthere! And welcome to the forum! It's not feasible to even consider cycling without the use of intramuscular injections. Every cycle requires Testosterone as a base, and the only way that I know of to get enough Test into your system is through injections. But keep researching, there might be an oral test out there somewhere you could utilize.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome....

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    Hello Cuthere! And welcome to the forum! It's not feasible to even consider cycling without the use of intramuscular injections. Every cycle requires Testosterone as a base, and the only way that I know of to get enough Test into your system is through injections. But keep researching, there might be an oral test out there somewhere you could utilize.
    Thank you so much for the feedback guys! So it looks like injecting really is required. Difficult to hear, but hey, truth is truth right?

So my problem with injecting isn't fear of pain. I can think back to plenty of workouts that were torture, and I am willing to endure. But I do have a phobia of needles since I was a kid. It's not rational, as the pain isn't that great. Just like claustrophobia, it's not something you think through... Wondering if anyone here overcame such a phobia?

I was holding onto the idea of there being an oral only alternative, but if not, sounds like I may need to just suck it up and figure out a way to overcome this irrational fear in the name of gains.

Or would you suggest that I focus on natural gains only for at least a year before considering this route? (I heard some recommending this on other articles I read.) What is the general rule of thumb to starting a cycle? Meaning is there some baseline level of strength you need to hit first, or is it more of a case by case basis of when to consider test?

Thanks again. About to browse the forum some more as well. Sorry if my question has been answered before. Just a bit confused since I have read so much conflicting advice on the web, it's difficult to know which advice to take. Hoping the books I ordered will help clear some things up as well.

Welcome to the board.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    I would definitely advise you to do as much as you possibly can to reach your natural limit before introducing steroids . It's also a good idea to strengthen your ligaments so that they can withstand the added pressure on them. When a person jumps on steroids prematurely the muscles will strengthen much faster than the ligaments resulting in damage to the ligaments.
    Many people don't really like injections. It's something a lot of people have to overcome. With time and practice I don't think you will have any problems with that. Really. Good luck!

Excellent, thanks so much. Good feedback. Looks like I better push this back to maybe end of year or early 2018 to build my strength base up. No point in making rapid gains only to be injured and have to cut out. In the meantime will try to research this needle thing and see what I can do to get over it. I suppose it boils down to what is stronger. The phobia, or the desire to shoot past the plateau. Perhaps I'll push past it naturally in the meantime with some dedication.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome to the forum.

OHBRUTUSIO is offline New Member
    Have you considered SARMS ? S-4/GW would be great for your goals and if you have the funds add RAD. You will LOVE it!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis86 is offline New Member
    I'm new to this as well. I had the same phobia. I'm on my 2nd week of my 1st cycle and I look forward to my shots now. The 1st time was nail biting, but its been cake since then. Don't stress it. I do quad injections though, a nurse friend told me that would be the best and safest to do on yourself. Through-out all my reading and research, as far as I've read, and I could be wrong (I'm no pro) the oral products are horrible for you. The guy that got me started with my cycle is a beast and he advised me against it as well.

Good luck!

Dennis

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

Thread Information