Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zartan is offline Banned

Jeremy Wright's Greatest HIts!

JEREMY WRIGHTS'S GREATEST HITS....

"The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans."

"He refused to be defined by others and Dr. Asa Hilliard also refused to be defined by others. The government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, white supremacy is clearly in charge, but Asa, like Jesus, refused to be defined by an oppressive government because Asa got his identity from an Omnipotent God."

"Louis Farrakhan was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement "Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter" award at the magazine's 25th anniversary gala late last year. Farrakhan has called Judaism a "gutter religion" and said Jews are "bloodsuckers," as reported in The New York Times."

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”

The hits just keep comin'!

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zartan View Post
    JEREMY WRIGHTS'S GREATEST HITS....

"The Italians for the most part looked down their garlic noses at the Galileans." No dispute, very racist statement! And no one in the African American community disputes that this isn't a racist statement!

"He refused to be defined by others and Dr. Asa Hilliard also refused to be defined by others. The government runs everything from the White House to the schoolhouse, from the Capitol to the Klan, white supremacy is clearly in charge, but Asa, like Jesus, refused to be defined by an oppressive government because Asa got his identity from an Omnipotent God."
    Considering this country is run by whites and has it's basis in white supremacy (you don't evolve from an overtly racist state to all inclusive in 40yrs, no country in history has done that). And throughout the history of this country, there has been government officials, both local and federal with ties to the klan. Of course no one in todays federal government will openly admit it, but at the local level in some areas...c'mon, if you don't believe that it doesn't exist, again, I have ocean front property in Las Vegas to sell you!

"Louis Farrakhan was the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement "Dr. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr. Trumpeter" award at the magazine's 25th anniversary gala late last year. Farrakhan has called Judaism a "gutter religion" and said Jews are "bloodsuckers," as reported in The New York Times."
    Here's an article written by a respected professor at Syracuse University as to why Farrakhan is respected and admonished by the black community, obviously you know nothing about the man, but rather listen to the ramblings of individuals only familiar with his fiery rhetoric: Dr. Boyce Watkins

During the recent Democratic debate, I saw Barack Obama getting pushed into the “black corner”. This is the same corner that Hillary and Bill Clinton pushed him into during the campaign in South Carolina. The same corner that caused some Americans to (temporarily) limit him to being “just another black candidate”, instead of a potential visionary who can guide our country out of one of its darkest periods.

This time, Hillary’s weapon of choice was Minister Louis Farrakhan. Those who hate Farrakhan usually don’t know much about him. Most have never heard him speak, and probably can’t tell you anything about what he’s done for this country.

Those of us who respect him know exactly why we respect him. We also understand why others respect him, even though he is quite direct and unique in many of his perspectives.

I admire Louis Farrakhan because Minister Farrakhan, quite simply, is the freest black man in America. He makes his own money, and speaks his mind. We listen to him because he is one of the few black men in America who remind black people of what we can really become.

Yes, he has had a problem with Jews, as some Muslims do. While there is certainly room to challenge Israel’s oppressive policies against the Palestinians, any form of consistent anti-Semitism is simply regrettable. Those who’ve followed him through time would notice that Minister Farrakhan has dramatically changed his language as it pertains to Israel, as well as those who disagree with him. Therefore, he too has grown.

Most importantly, Louis Farrakhan is not only the most eloquent and powerful speaker in America, he is what we all strive to be: Free black men and women. That is, in my humble opinion, why we followed him to the Million Man March. That is why we cry when he speaks. He speaks to the soul of the black experience in a way that is painfully honest and undeniably clear. He also advocates for the building of a black state in a way that feels necessary in a nation that (through 400 years of economic and social exclusion) allows black children to go to terrible inner city schools and incarcerates black men in holocaust proportions. After living through a 400 year nightmare, we’ve finally been invited to sit at the American dinner table. This invitation is good as long as we agree to slam shut any serious discussion regarding the egregious socioeconomic inequality that lies around us.

Louis Farrakhan, in one of his most exemplary moments, issued a statement telling supporters of Barack Obama not to relinquish their support for Obama in spite of Hillary Clinton’s forced denunciation of Farrakhan and his words.

His grace toward Barack Obama shows that Farrakhan “gets it”. He knew that Hillary Clinton was again, in her typically liberal, paternalistic and ultimately racist way, trying to use Obama’s blackness as a weapon against him. She knows that, in America, being black is a liability in the eyes of many white Americans, and the “blacker” Barack is, the more votes he would lose. Her support of black people all these years has been driven through puppy dog sympathy, self-congratulation and opportunism, with the full expectation that we should worship her for being kind enough to associate with the downtrodden.

I am a regular witness to this kind of racism when dealing with liberals here at Syracuse University. Black people are considered somewhat acceptable, but never quite treated as equals, nor considered competent enough to actually lead the organizations with which we’ve become affiliated. That is why many universities, to this day, have never seriously considered a black person for the position of Chancellor. That is also why a large number of academic departments have not tenured a black person in over 100 years of operating history, and see nothing wrong with this fact.

Unlike my respected brother Tavis Smiley, Louis Farrakhan sees that Obama’s candidacy is not about egos and power. It is about making America better and Black America better in the process. Farrakhan also realizes that because he is so far ahead of his time, most of America would not understand why any of us so-called “mainstream” Black Americans might hold Farrakhan in such high regard. In fact, we are punished for publicly supporting Farrakhan, as Obama would surely have been politically body slammed.

But the rest of us know what is going on. We can easily identify times when other black folks are “playing the game”. Obama, in his equally elegant manner, was careful to denounce Farrakhan’s words without denouncing Farrakhan. This is exactly why Barack Obama certainly is “black enough” for all of us. It is also why he is going to be the next President of The United States.

I congratulate both of these men for surviving the trap of “Divide and Clinton”. Their tactics differ, their paths are divergent, but their grace, power and magnificence simply cannot be denied. They have truly earned my respect

“We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye.”
    Is this not true? Did we not nuke Hiroshima and Nagasaki killing many more than that of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon? I guess its unpatriotic to speak the truth about America, even after serving the country (Wright spent 6yrs as a Marine). How many years did Chaney serve? How many years did Hannity serve? How many years did Limbaugh serve, yet conservatives praise these guys like they were the second coming!

“We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America’s chickens are coming home to roost.” (Sep 2001)
    Again did we not support the South African government for years? Even Reagan had a hand in this. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/edi...t_of_darkness/
    Also, we support Isreal's right to exist over the right for Palestine to exist, even though that has been the Palestenian lands far longer than that of Isreal. We shouldn't support either, but picking a side in this struggle has cost us untold headache.

“The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, God damn America, that’s in the Bible for killing innocent people. God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme.” (2003)
    Blacks are definitely not responsible for bringing drugs into this country. And with the amount of drugs brought in, there is a certain level of government corruption that has to exist. Stating that America builds more prisons and passes unequal laws that focus on minorities is directed at the problem as to why low income minorities choose crime. No one focuses on the fact that these urban communities are wrought with poverty and no one does anything to fix that problem. So from his perspective and using the history of this country as premise for these statements, he IS entitled to say this. Again, it's his opinions but they have a basis in truth, whether you like it or not!

“In the 21st century, white America got a wake-up call after 9/11/01. White America and the western world came to realize that people of color had not gone away, faded into the woodwork or just ‘disappeared’ as the Great White West kept on its merry way of ignoring black concerns.” (magazine article)Which magazine article? If you are going to quote the man, have a point of reference!

“Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run!…We [in the U.S.] believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God.” (sermon)
    Was this country not founded on racist principles? Were blacks not slaves initially? Were Indians not decimated because of their racial differences? Were Asians not subjagated because of their supposed racial inferiority? Again, sometimes the truth hurts?

“Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary would never know that. Hillary ain’t never been called a ******. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

“Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” (sermon)
    Again, all true statements! Considering this country is controlled by rich white people and the history of racism and exclusion that comes with it...what's the problem? Has Hillary ever been called the "N" word? I doubt considering that a racial epitath designated for blacks. But you also forgot the statement that Hillary has always been rich and that she wasn't raised by a single mother on welfare (as Barack was). And his comment about Bill was simply this: Bill courted the black vote extensively when he was running for president but as soon as he realized he wasn't going to get the black vote for his wife, he turned his back on us.

“The Israelis have illegally occupied Palestinian territories for over 40 years now. Divestment has now hit the table again as a strategy to wake the business community and wake up Americans concerning the injustice and the racism under which the Palestinians have lived because of Zionism.”
    There is a system of racism that exist in Isreal towards Arabs, there is no denying that. And if you talk to most muslims they will tell you that Isreal is occupying land that was held by Arabs for years, much longer than that of Jews. So from their perspective and from the perspective of those who support their right to their land, this statement is true. Again, whether you like it or not!

The hits just keep comin'!
    My responses in red above! This whole Rev. Wright shit, is people grasping at straws to try to discredit Obama because of their own inate fears. I can careless about Wrights teachings, or Hagee's teachings, or Faldwells teachings, because I'm not a religious man. Politics is what is guiding my vote. I actually liked McCain because of his willingness to reach across the aisle, but his flip flopping on issues to court some of the republican base is reprehensible to me. It seems the only way both Hillary and McCain can defeat Barack is to covertly raise the remote possibility that Obama could be, deep down inside, possibly be a racist...maybe! So who is truely concerned with race? You tell me!

zartan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    My responses in red above! This whole Rev. Wright shit, is people grasping at straws to try to discredit Obama because of their own inate fears. I can careless about Wrights teachings, or Hagee's teachings, or Faldwells teachings, because I'm not a religious man. Politics is what is guiding my vote. I actually liked McCain because of his willingness to reach across the aisle, but his flip flopping on issues to court some of the republican base is reprehensible to me. It seems the only way both Hillary and McCain can defeat Barack is to covertly raise the remote possibility that Obama could be, deep down inside, possibly be a racist...maybe! So who is truely concerned with race? You tell me!
    While I do appreciate you taking the time to write out a response, I must say WOW just WOW that is sooooooo out there. I could respond to each point and tell you exactly why you're wrong, but let's face it, if you really believe that tripe you just expelled from your ah-nous, its a lost cause. Comparing our victory in WW2, in which we prevented EVIL AXIS POWERS from conquering the world with 9/11.... and Louie Farracrazy is the best speaker in America today!

Also, this has already been stated but, McCain ACCEPTED ENDORSEMENTS FROM THOSE GUYS, that is ALL. Obama considers Wright his 'uncle', 'mentor', and consults him before he takes a crap. TOTALLY different situations.
    Last edited by zartan; 05-14-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Gators is offline Banned
    simply WOW, white man is the devil, WOW.

zartan is offline Banned
    I wonder how many people feel the same as BgMac... this kinda talk has been institutionalized in black churches for YEARS. You'd think people could cipher through the blatant propaganda about evil white man but damn that response was scary like all 'white devil' rallies went straight to heart. These discussions just bring it to light.
    Last edited by zartan; 05-14-2008 at 11:05 PM.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Absolutely true.

What are you complaining about?

zartan is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Absolutely true.

Absolutely true to all his responses??

I wonder how many people feel the same as BgMac... this kinda talk has been institutionalized in black churches for YEARS. You'd think people could cipher through the blatant propaganda about evil white man but damn that response was scary like all 'white devil' rallies went straight to heart. These discussions just bring it to light.
    who called the white man a devil? Wright was commenting on the historical racism of America. If you can't see that then you are either blind or...

What's the matter, truth hurts?

While I do appreciate you taking the time to write out a response, I must say WOW just WOW that is sooooooo out there. I could respond to each point and tell you exactly why you're wrong, but let's face it, if you really believe that tripe you just expelled from your ah-nous, its a lost cause. Comparing our victory in WW2, in which we prevented EVIL AXIS POWERS from conquering the world with 9/11.... and Louie Farracrazy is the best speaker in America today!

Also, this has already been stated but, McCain ACCEPTED ENDORSEMENTS FROM THOSE GUYS, that is ALL. Obama considers Wright his 'uncle', 'mentor', and consults him before he takes a crap. TOTALLY different situations.
    Boy your conclusions and exaggerations are completely ridiculous! You've got to be the biggest drama queen ever!

So its ok to accept endorsements from bigots for political expediency? You've got to subscribe to similar beliefs to openly accept an endorsement don't you?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally Posted by zartan

Absolutely true.

Absolutely true to all his responses??
    Let's take this one issue at a time.

Do you disagree that the Israelis are illegally occupying Palestinian territories?
    Do you disagree that Zionism is causing Palestinians undeserved problems?
    Last edited by Tock; 05-15-2008 at 12:08 AM.

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Let's take this one issue at a time.

Do you disagree that the Israelis are illegally occupying Palestinian territories?
    Do you disagree that Zionism is causing Palestinians undeserved problems?
    Well, legally, no they are not occupying it illegally, it was voted on in the UN and legally accepted, so no absolutely not illegally.

Zionism is causing the palestinians problems but the Jews have a right to live in peace in their homeland and hopefully they both can live together in peace with a lot of work and consessions from both sides.

As for the rest of the issues I really hope that we can leave race out of it, here on this board and in the election however the forces that be will continue to force the issues and do so in a divisive way and that sucks for the majority. I for one hope we have a black president but more of the likes of an Alan Keyes or Michael Steele.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    I for one hope we have a black president but more of the likes of an Alan Keyes or Michael Steele.
    Alan Keyes, Regan's token Black appointee. Alan Keyes is a Republican Jesse Jackson.

Your taste in Black candidates is poor. The Black community would not vote for Alan Keyes or Michael Steele. Both are considered sell outs.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E View Post
    The Black community would not vote for Alan Keyes or Michael Steele.
    I agree with that statement but I don't agree they are sellouts especially Michael Steele.

Lets dig futher. Alan Keyes:
    “Hitler and his supporters were Satanists and homosexuals. That’s just a true statement.” He added that, “The notion that is involved in homosexuality, the unbridled sort of satisfaction of human passions” leads to “‘totalitarianism,’ ‘Nazism,’ and ‘communism.’”
    “It’s about time we all faced up to the truth. If we accept the radical homosexual agenda, be it in the military or in marriage or in other areas of our lives, we are utterly destroying the concept of family. We must oppose it in the military. We must oppose it in marriage. We must oppose it if the fundamental institution of our civilization is to survive. Those unwilling to face that fact and playing games with this issue are doing so irresponsibly at the price of America’s moral foundations.”
    Illinois Republican Senate candidate Alan Keyes has labeled homosexuality "selfish hedonism" and said Vice President Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter is a sinner.

The former talk show host who has made two unsuccessful runs for the White House made the comments Monday night in an interview with Sirius OutQ, a satellite radio station that provides programming aimed at gays and lesbians.

After saying homosexuality is "selfish hedonism," Keyes was asked if that made Mary Cheney "a selfish hedonist."

"Of course she is," Keyes replied. "That goes by definition."
    "Christ would not vote for Barack Obama because Barack Obama has voted to behave in a way that it is inconceivable for Christ to have behaved," Keyes said. He referred to Obama's votes against anti-abortion legislation.
    “ I think part of it is that the Black leadership, the vocal ones that the media concentrates on, are all bought-and-sold, step-and-fetch-its of depravity for the Democratic party.”
    Alan Keyes is a bought-and-sold, step-and-fetch-it for the Republican party.
    “I will never again cast a vote for an individual I in conscience believe to be pro-choice, pro-abortion, not pro-life. Based on the confession of his heart in New Hampshire, when John McCain told us clearly that he would tell his daughter it was her choice -- and every woman is somebody’s daughter, so if you tell the daughters of America it’s their choice, you’re pro-choice. He is pro- choice, he is not pro-life. I will not support a pro-choice, pro- abortion candidate.”
    He doesn't like your boy McCain.

This guy is a joke.

He doesn't like your boy McCain.

This guy is a joke.
    McCain is not nor ever has been my boy, I hate McCain, I HATE him! Don't assume because I don't like Obama that makes me a McCoocoo fan. I have plenty of hate in me to spread around, I don't choose one person to lay it all on

O.K. I read the quotes you wrote, it is obvious Mr. Keyes is pro-life and against gay marriage and homosexual behavoir. I see how that does not mesh with your views but how does that make him a sell out to the Black community? Are blacks required to be pro-choice and pro-homosexual? I know plenty of homophobic blacks.

zartan is offline Banned
    who called the white man a devil? Wright was commenting on the historical racism of America. If you can't see that then you are either blind or...

What's the matter, truth hurts?
    Haha what u smokin', yer boy Louie 'THE GREATEST SPEARKER IN AMERICA' of course! He basically coined the term! Next you will start talking about how James Cone was the second coming of Christ. Wright certainly thought so, he named Cone as the 'preeminent influence on his theology'!

PS try not to cry next time Louie dishes out a good hate mongering diatribe

Also next time yer gonna quote some zealot like 'Boyce Watkins', you should throw some quotes up there or something so we know you didn't write that garbage

http://www.blackprof.com/?p=1986
    Last edited by zartan; 05-15-2008 at 10:44 AM.

zartan is offline Banned
    Boy your conclusions and exaggerations are completely ridiculous! You've got to be the biggest drama queen ever!

So its ok to accept endorsements from bigots for political expediency? You've got to subscribe to similar beliefs to openly accept an endorsement don't you?
    Again, what you smokin'. Of course you dont have to subscribe to someones believes to accept an endorsement. Politics are shameless and McCain is certainly guilty of that, but its just not even a comparable situation to Obama's relationship with Jeremy the racist. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Again you're quoting propaganda without actually analyzing what you're saying.

McCain is not nor ever has been my boy, I hate McCain, I HATE him! Don't assume because I don't like Obama that makes me a McCoocoo fan. I have plenty of hate in me to spread around, I don't choose one person to lay it all on
    My bad. I thought I've seen you post defending McCain.

O.K. I read the quotes you wrote, it is obvious Mr. Keyes is pro-life and against gay marriage and homosexual behavoir. I see how that does not mesh with your views but how does that make him a sell out to the Black community?.
    He is a sell out and considered Reagan's token. Everyone knows he's a joke. He tried to compare abortion to slavery.

This is the guy you want to for the first Black president? You go ahead and get him to run then I won't have to pay taxes.
    Alan Keyes, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate who once referred to reparations as “an insult to our slave ancestors,” is now calling for a plan that would exempt the descendants of slaves from income taxes for at least a generation.

Hi Act of God.

SVTmuscle is offline Gsxxr's Bitch
    Wright is a racist communist piece of shit, he deserves to be charged with treason for attempting to brainwash those weak minded individuals who choose to visit his church

zartan is offline Banned
    Hi Act of God.
    Thats messed up taunting him after banning him over a political discussion! If you hadn't noticed he had a thread concerning a cycle hes currently running, denying him communication with the forum not only shorts him but us as well.

Thats messed up taunting him after banning him over a political discussion! If you hadn't noticed he had a thread concerning a cycle hes currently running, denying him communication with the forum not only shorts him but us as well.
    First I can't ban anyone. But if you want to blame me go ahead. Doesn't bother me at all.

Second, he called BgMc31 watermelon lips. He should be banned for that and lucky it was only a suspension. If he keeps bitching through PMs he will be.

zartan is offline Banned
    First I can't ban anyone. But if you want to blame me go ahead. Doesn't bother me at all.

Second, he called BgMc31 watermelon lips. He should be banned for that and lucky it was only a suspension. If he keeps bitching through PMs he will be.
    I think he was pointing out that Garlic Noses is an offensive term.

I think he was pointing out that Garlic Noses is an offensive term.
    Quote Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
    Wow, where to start ad-man?

"lets face it, both Obama and McCain chose these guys out of political expediency." - This is simply a horrible analogy. Obama chose wright longggg before he was involved in politics. Obama chose to have a personal relationship with his pastor and likened him to a family member. "Uncle" was the therm Obama used, not the media. McCain is historically an enemy and critic of the religious right and only saddled up to religious types for THIS election. Slight difference there...what do I know though, I can barely see past my garlic nose. How are those watermelon lips, by the way? (oh noes....that was racist!)
    He called BgMc31 watermelon lips. BgMc31 saw it that way, I saw it that way, 2 admins saw it that way. The only person I see posting the term "garlic nose" besides Act of God is you.

Again, what you smokin'. Of course you dont have to subscribe to someones believes to accept an endorsement. Politics are shameless and McCain is certainly guilty of that, but its just not even a comparable situation to Obama's relationship with Jeremy the racist. Why is this so difficult for you to understand? Again you're quoting propaganda without actually analyzing what you're saying.
    Do you actually read what you write or are you simply oblivious to common sense? Politicans don't publicly accept endorsements from people with whom they don't have something in common. That's political suicide.

Secondly, you keep whining about Wrights racism in an attempt to convince people that Obama shares his belief. Using there supposed 20yr relationship as proof. Get the story straight, Obama's relationship wth the church is 20 yrs. Wright became a pastor of that church 12yrs ago. Again you don't have your facts straight.

And as far as the white devil is concerned, that phrase wasn't coined by Farrakhan. It was actually used, initially, by the founder of the Nation of Islam (Elijah Muhammad), who attributed the fact that 1/3 of the Angels were cast out of heaven when Satan was. And 1/3 of the population is white. Its a bullshit philosophy but, again, you don't have a clue when it comes to things.

Wrights a racist...SO WHAT!!!! That doesn't make Obama one, that's the point!

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Wright is a racist communist piece of shit, he deserves to be charged with treason for attempting to brainwash those weak minded individuals who choose to visit his church
    ^^Most ridiculously absurd statement in this entire thread!

zartan is offline Banned
    He called BgMc31 watermelon lips. BgMc31 saw it that way, I saw it that way, 2 admins saw it that way. The only person I see posting the term "garlic nose" besides Act of God is you.
    yeah the point is that wright used that term, and yet black people, who should be sensitive to such racist BS, dont seem particularly upset about it, it only seems to matter when the comment is directed at them. thats what act of god was pointing out.

zartan is offline Banned
    Wright became a pastor of that church 12yrs ago.
    Seriously you should let Carlos carry on the debate if you can't even get simple facts straight:
    Wikipedia amongst MANY sources: "In early 2008, Wright retired after 36 years as the pastor of his congregation and no longer has daily responsibilities at the church."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

Wrights a racist...SO WHAT!!!! That doesn't make Obama one, that's the point!
    I'm glad you finally admit Wright is a racist after defending him so ridiculously.

AGAIN I have to repeat myself because you are like a BROKEN RECORD and keep bringing up the SAME ISSUES (repeating yourself and ignoring logical responses doesn't make your opinions stronger): Obama refers to Wright as his MENTOR the one who brought him to god, etc etc. And its not just a religious relationship either, he talks to Wright when he makes political decisions, in fact Wright was one of the first people he thanked when he won his Senate seat. Wright is not simply a religious zealot, he makes politically charged statements. Obama got the title of his book Audacity of Hope from Wright.

THEREFORE, Obama associates/draws influence heavily from a racist.

Thank you, case closed.

yeah the point is that wright used that term, and yet black people, who should be sensitive to such racist BS, dont seem particularly upset about it, it only seems to matter when the comment is directed at them. thats what act of god was pointing out.
    So you now speak for Act of God and know what he was trying to say by calling someone a racial slur.

We don't care about Rev. Wright because he does not speak for us. He does not represent me or the Black community. He was never heard by the majority of America until FoxNews starting running clips of him 24/7. Do you stand up, denounce and reject every racist you see on the street or do you just think, he's an ignorant idiot and go on about your day. But you want all of Black America to denounce and reject Rev. Wright.

Are you seriously making up excuses for someone who made a blatantly racists slur against a forum member? If the roles were reversed the outcome would have been the same. Racists slander isn't tolerated, no matter the bullshit excuse!

zartan is offline Banned
    So you now speak for Act of God and know what he was trying to say by calling someone a racial slur.

We don't care about Rev. Wright because he does not speak for us. He does not represent me or the Black community. He was never heard by the majority of America until FoxNews starting running clips of him 24/7. Do you stand up, denounce and reject every racist you see on the street or do you just think, he's an ignorant idiot and go on about your day. But you want all of Black America to denounce and reject Rev. Wright.
    Let's point out the fact you guys started out defending Wright saying he wasn't a racist at all, just a poor misunderstood black man (typical white media, making such an innocent man look guilty!).

Aside from the fact its good to expose evil, Wright is associated heavily with Obama, which is why hes relevant in these discussions. No its not a 'media conspiracy', Obama gets tons of favorable press and look at his campaign donations. I'd say hes doing quite well in our white supremacist society.

Terrible thing the media did to poor OJ Simpson too.
    Last edited by zartan; 05-15-2008 at 12:39 PM.

Let's point out the fact you guys started out defending Wright saying he wasn't a racist at all, just a poor misunderstood black man (typical white media, making such an innocent man look guilty!).

Aside from the fact its good to expose evil, Wright is associated heavily with Obama, which is why hes relevant in these discussions. No its not a 'media conspiracy', Obama gets tons of favorable press and look at his campaign donations. I'd say hes doing quite well in our white supremacist society.

Terrible thing the media did to poor OJ Simpson too.
    I've never said Rev. Wright was not a racist and I did not defend him. I'll go ahead and stoop to your level and reply to your OJ comment which has nothing to do with the subject. OJ IS GUILTY!!!

Go ahead and pull out another card.

zartan is offline Banned
    I've never said Rev. Wright was not a racist and I did not defend him. I'll go ahead and stoop to your level and reply to your OJ comment which has nothing to do with the subject. OJ IS GUILTY!!!

Go ahead and pull out another card.
    Sorry if I lumped you in there with other Obama defenders. As I see it, theres two separate arguments as to why Wright isn't relevant that have been made, maybe you only prescribed to B:

a) Wright is not racist, just 'inflammatory' or some BS
    b) obama didn't really spend anytime with wright, wasn't influenced by him, or chose wright for 'political expediency'.

Obviously they're both wrong.

Seriously you should let Carlos carry on the debate if you can't even get simple facts straight:
    Wikipedia amongst MANY sources: "In early 2008, Wright retired after 36 years as the pastor of his congregation and no longer has daily responsibilities at the church."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

I'm glad you finally admit Wright is a racist after defending him so ridiculously.

AGAIN I have to repeat myself because you are like a BROKEN RECORD and keep bringing up the SAME ISSUES (repeating yourself and ignoring logical responses doesn't make your opinions stronger): Obama refers to Wright as his MENTOR the one who brought him to god, etc etc. And its not just a religious relationship either, he talks to Wright when he makes political decisions, in fact Wright was one of the first people he thanked when he won his Senate seat. Wright is not simply a religious zealot, he makes politically charged statements. Obama got the title of his book Audacity of Hope from Wright.

THEREFORE, Obama associates/draws influence heavily from a racist.

Thank you, case closed.
    Yeah it's great how America looks so fondly upon a man who brought his children up in an environment that teaches them to hate white people, America, and follow in the footsteps of such a piece of shit like Wright. LET'S GO OBAMA!

Boy sure seems like Wright knew damn well what he was doing also
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03...tirement-home/
    he's shortly moving into a $1.6million home, for a pastor? I guess brainwashing people full of hatred and fear and then have them give you money is quite a lucrative career!

Quote Originally Posted by SVTmuscle View Post
    Boy sure seems like Wright knew damn well what he was doing also
    http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/03...tirement-home/
    he's shortly moving into a $1.6million home, for a pastor? I guess brainwashing people full of hatred and fear and then have them give you money is quite a lucrative career!
    So where are all these fear and hatemongering racists this guy is brainwashing?

Maybe we should try him as a traitor for parlaying all this contraversy into dollars...Oh wait, commies don't do that!

So where are all these fear and hatemongering racists this guy is brainwashing?

Maybe we should try him as a traitor for parlaying all this contraversy into dollars...Oh wait, commies don't do that!
    Have you ever read up on this man?

Answer me this:
    If John McCain, KNOWINGLY attended a Church with his children, for 20 years where the priest OPENLY spoke of hatred for the black man and that attitude was carried out for years, you think he'd even be considered for a political position? Yeah didn't think so. How quickly the tables turn when it's Obama Bin Laden

The United States of America, free to practice religion, especially free to spread hatred for your fellow man if you a Reverend in a black Church!

^^Obviously you haven't been paying much attention to the massive amounts of Rev. Wright threads posted on this forum. I'm not gonna play catch up with you so, I tell you what, go do a search of all my posts about the Rev. and then you can attempt to debate!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information