Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

Gay Marriage Banned

Proposition 8 in California passed, banning gay marriage in the state. Frankly I'm shocked, I thought Cali was pretty liberal and it would be shot down. We now have marriage legally defined as only allowed between a man and a woman. Thoughts?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    That shows that they arn't as radical as we all thought....well mayor newsome's career is over lol

HAHAH that is great...
    Last edited by rhino1; 11-06-2008 at 05:19 AM.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1 View Post
    That shows that they arn't as radical as we all thought....well mayor newsome's career is over lol

HAHAH that is great...now all the faggots can cry about not getting tax breaks....or they can marry a lesbian and just fake it...
    holy shit dude!!!

Last edited by rhino1; 11-06-2008 at 05:20 AM.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    It sure was close, though. 48 to 52%.
    Something tells me, though, that this isn't going to put the religious right wingers in a very good light. Just like they were the ones virulently against inter-racial marriage and got state laws passed against it, they're gonna be known as the intolerant throw-backs that kept gays from getting married. Maybe being anti-gay marriage doesn't sound too extreme nowadays, but there's no doubt in my mind that in another few decades, today's religious bigots will be indistinguishable from any run-of-the-mill KKK klansman.

Ya, them and their useless Bible.

-Tock

Quote Originally Posted by ErnstHatAngst View Post
    Proposition 8 in California passed, banning gay marriage in the state. Frankly I'm shocked, I thought Cali was pretty liberal and it would be shot down. We now have marriage legally defined as only allowed between a man and a woman. Thoughts?

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    i doubt that will last long with obama and the democratic congress. and with the federal law changed i see the state changing very shortly after

Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    i doubt that will last long with obama and the democratic congress. and with the federal law changed i see the state changing very shortly after
    probably...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    California isn't too bad afterall I guess. Shocked!
    ***No source checks!!!***

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Own View Post
    Seems to me that since this vote in California was to amend its state constitution, it will be a while before it gets changed. If Obama is smart, he won't spend a lot of political capital on the gay issue, because if he does, he's gonna have to deal with a huge amount of crap from the Christian fundamentalists and social conservatives. I think the best that gay people can hope for will be
    1) Obama getting some crusty heads of the military to push for allowing gays to serve openly in the armed forces, doing away with Don't Ask Don't Tell.
    2) The US Supreme court ruling that all states have to recognize gay marriages performed in states that allow it, based on the "Full Faith" clause of the US Constitution.

It'll be a while . . . I don't expect much progress at all until around after O'bama's re-election . . .

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The right decision!

batlin is offline Associate Member
    Thank god, I use to live in Cali and got the hell out to Texas, But this WAS voted on AND passed a few years ago until a liberal judge decided that what the people of California wanted doesn't matter and there for he overruled it... this prop was just to reaffirm that people believe that marrage is between and man and a woman

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    Exactly, the definition of marriage is a union between one MAN and one WOMAN. Don't forget these same props also passed in Arizona and Florida.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMSilviaSpecR View Post
    Exactly, the definition of marriage is a union between one MAN and one WOMAN. Don't forget these same props also passed in Arizona and Florida.
    Amen!
    ***No source checks!!!***

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Disappointing.

My cousin and her girlfriend who have a child together were even more disappointed. They just closed on their new home and had plans to marry.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Defending marriage by breaking up marriages. Makes perfect sense.
    I don't know why so many people feel threatened by gays. Sad.

HAHAH that is great...now all the faggots can cry about not getting tax breaks....or they can marry a lesbian and just fake it...
    Class act, dude. Your comment shows that you acknowledge that it is unfair, and that your opposition is based on hate, not logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coop77 View Post
    Class act, dude. Your comment shows that you acknowledge that it is unfair, and that your opposition is based on hate, not logic.

I like homo's...i think they are quite amusing...My boss is one...funny as hell...hell of a good time...he is just
    confused...

And Its not based on hate....It is based on the ten commandments

Whats logical about a man and a man or a female and female laying together?
    God intended marriage to be between MAN AND WOMAN....This is SACRED...
    It is against the laws of nature....that is why a man cant get a man pregnant and so forth...

and about the "fairness" of the situation...whats fair about having to deal with a woman being a bitch for 7 days out of the month???? Whats fair about raising a family, making that sacrifice? Its all about pride...

And dont try to say its appropriate for homosexuals to have children...that is just perpetuating the problem and warping their mind...

Be free...giggle...skip....prance...Do whatever you want...Just keep it to yourself...
    Last edited by rhino1; 11-06-2008 at 11:08 PM.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    A shining example of why democracies do not work and why we were never supposed to have one. The majority took away the rights of the minority or, to be more accurate, kept the goverment from "granting" a basic human right.

The root of the problem is not whether gay people should be allowed to marry or not; it's whether marriage should be a government institution or a religious institution. Those who argue in favor of a government institution are essentially delegating a power to the government that it was never supposed to have, that of granting god given rights to individuals. I personally believe that civil rights activists, in this case the gay community, are fighting the wrong fight by trying to legalize gay marriage. What they should be fighting for is the removal of all forms of government from the institution of marriage. Thus removing the belief that government has any right to tell who you can and can't be with.

I see so much irony in this situation that's it's hard to grasp.

You can be with whoever you want to be with....if that is what you want then do it...why do you need the gov't to acknowledge it?

It is in the gov'ts best interest to promote marriage between a man and a woman because it insures the survival of the race through the offspring of the man and woman resulting in the continuation of a nations population...

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    Why the fvck does anyone want to do that to begin with?
    For tax cuts and shit? DAAAamn you wanna go visit hell for some money

If I was Obama I'd ban marriage and enforce orgies

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post

Sounds like a plan

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    i say let them get married and be miserable like the rest of us

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    You can be with whoever you want to be with....if that is what you want then do it...why do you need the gov't to acknowledge it?

It is in the gov'ts best interest to promote marriage between a man and a woman because it insures the survival of the race through the offspring of the man and woman resulting in the continuation of a nations population...
    Interesting. I never realized the government was responsible for procreation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    Interesting. I never realized the government was responsible for procreation.
    lol...for the betterment of the nation i guess...thats what glenn beck was saying a few months ago

I like homo's...i think they are quite amusing...My boss is one...funny as hell...hell of a good time...he is just
    confused...

And Its not based on hate....It is based on the ten commandments

God intended marriage to be between MAN AND WOMAN....This is SACRED...
    It is against the laws of nature....that is why a man cant get a man pregnant and so forth...
    I see. Ten commandments. Laws should be based on them huh? So you also support making sex out of wedlock illegal, I assume. Then we can be a religious state with religious law, like Iran.

There are only two reasons people are against giving legal rights to gays.
    1) Hate.
    2) The belief that laws should be based on whatever religion that person subscribes to.
    Both are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Blome View Post
    A shining example of why democracies do not work and why we were never supposed to have one. The majority took away the rights of the minority or, to be more accurate, kept the goverment from "granting" a basic human right.
    I'm starting to agree that true democracy may not always be the best form of govt, or at least there are things that should not be up for a vote. People are dumbasses, biggots, and morons. In the 1960s blacks would never have been given any rights if it were left up to a vote. There are places in the south that would still vote to take rights away from minorities if it were on the ballot. It took a supreme court to say "no, you guys cant do that."

Funny that we want only the best & brightest to be our brain surgeon, airline pilot, or nuclear scientist, but its ok to have important decisions decided by any dumbass voter that doesnt understand the constitution.
    Last edited by Coop77; 11-07-2008 at 01:16 AM.

Precisely....you should be forced to take a written exam before you vote...

Thats why I really give it to Obama...Very good speaker...very articulate...inspiring...very good at telling people what they want to hear...

Fooled alot of people...

Yea...what would truely be wrong with gays being married...only teaching something that goes against the laws of nature...

But...do what you want as long as it pleases you...you do have that right...

Yea...what would truely be wrong with gays being married...only teaching something that goes against the laws of nature...

I don't know why you think marriage rights have anything to do with "teaching" but apparently a lot of people do, since all the YES on Prop 8 commercials tried to bring children/education into the equation to get people worked up.

I'd rather teach my children that everyone deserves equal rights under the law, even those that "go against nature" whatever that means. Love between two humans seems pretty natural to me.

rights under the law is MAN MADE...not a devine decree like the union of a man and woman...

teaching children immorality is not ok...

Thats just sick...this country has lost its moral fiber...thats whats wrong the world...this will most certianly lead to the destruction of the world and mankind....

And love between humans is good...All humans should love all others...

Why do you think one man can't impregnate another man...its not the way our creator designed us...

Nothing is going to change your mind...so whatever

korsow is offline Associate Member
    The term "marriage" needs to be redefined by wester culture. I believe all humans should have the same rights, regardless of sex, age, creed, color. This soo reminds me of the 40's when inter racial marriage was also banned and considered unnatural..

There are many many many religions out tehre that have forms of marriage, and who is to say there isnt already one out there that already defines marriage as a union between two soals, rather than a contract between man and women..

No, im not gay, im married to a beautifully wife, but I support all gay people to have the same exact rights as straight people. Gay people dont have the option to marry someone of the opposite sex, therefore they are being denied a right that others have...

Hey but what do I know right?

Peace

-k

I can see that the moral approach is not going to sway anyones thoughts or opinions

and what you say is logical...so lets look at it this way...

There are certain things you can and cant do on this forum...

You can follow the rules and be a member...or you can break the rules and not be a member....

Now lets apply that to the USA and the laws its governed by...

"Its only illegal if you get caught" -my former motto

Im done

Regards
    B

Marriage is not teh same "Devine Decree" in all religions.. Different god/gods, yet marriage still exists, and since we have freedom of religion in this country, a person can Believe in whatever he wishes to be the truth ..

The HUGE problems Im personally having with this ban are as follows:

1: This is THE FIRST TIME that rights have been taken AWAY in a state constitution (this is heading backwards!!!) EVER, in US history.

2:What ever happened with seperation of church and state? Marriage as defined at the legal level should be defined as a union between two persons, since only religion depicts it as between "A man and a women". If a religious organization feels a marriage between two same-sex partners to be immoral, then they have the personal right to not recognize it as such, and to not perform the wedding. However it should be a personal choice.

just my 2 cc's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post

Kinda harsh. Maybe someone needs another vacation.

Blog Entries
    Precisely....you should be forced to take a written exam before you vote...

...Very good speaker...very articulate...inspiring...very good at telling people what they want to hear...

Fooled alot of people...

Sounds like church.

Blog Entries

Then using birth control is a sin. And as you openly admitted to using it in your other thread your just as guilty?

lol, ive already been condemned to hell by a few religious people I know, they told me to join their religion and pray to jesus everyday otherwise im going to hell. yeah, fvck that, what a marketing scheme,, friggen waaay too "old school" for my taste lol, I much rather prefer the "Joint our religion and you get a ticket to heavin"

meh, Ill take eternity on earth thank you very much,.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by korsow View Post
    lol, ive already been condemned to hell by a few religious people I know, they told me to join their religion and pray to jesus everyday otherwise im going to hell. yeah, fvck that, what a marketing scheme,, friggen waaay too "old school" for my taste lol, I much rather prefer the "Joint our religion and you get a ticket to heavin"

Thats the same bullying tactic most religions use. Join use or be damned to hell. Guess what ? I'd rather go to hell, at least i would get to see most of my good friends after i die.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Then using birth control is a sin. And as you openly admitted to using it in your other thread your just as guilty?
    All I have to do is REPENT! LOL

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by korsow View Post

Pffffft, that is nothing, those religious fvcktards have asked for an eighth level of hell to be built for me !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Sounds like church.
    Do you have to go to church to worship a god?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information