oker is offline Associate Member

40 yo, second cycle, enlarged prostate?

Hello all, I'm quite new so let me start by saying hello to all. Lately since I started my second cycle I have been urinating more often but more to the point having difficulty urinating.

I'm 40 years old and just started my second cycle after 3 months off. I had been urinating a lot more often during the night since I was 39 years old anyway, so the frequent urination wasn’t brought about by the cycle. In fact, during my first cycle of 500 mg test e a week I didn't have any problems except the frequent urination I just mentioned, and always during the night. However, since I started the second cycle at 600 mg a week I have had trouble urinating in the morning (1st piss). The rest of the time I need to push a little when urinating (which is normal I think at my age) but no great strain and no pain at all, except that once in the mornings difficulty – no pain here.

In addition, on the odd occasion I might take half a tablet of amitripiline which is an anti depressant I use to help me get to sleep since the test e keeps me awake during the night. Do you guys think it’s the test or the amitripiline?

Has anyone had a similar experience and I’d appreciate as much input from as many members as possible. Cheers!

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dude, that medication has some serious side effects. The trouble your having is one of them... Check it...

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,3915,30|Amitriptyline,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Dude, that medication has some serious side effects. The trouble your having is one of them... Check it...

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/Uses/0,3915,30|Amitriptyline,00.html
    Yeah cheers bro that's some good info - I just found anotehr that supports the idea that amitriptyiline causes enlarged prostate or problems with urination. Will stop taking it and see what happens. The thing is it was such a small amount I was taking but it's a powerful drug

niterunner is offline New Member
    i take low dose amitriptyline for back pain,compression in me spine. side effect major water retention,
    better sleep & less trips to the can.

they do treat unstable bladder with low dose antidpressants 2.

Quote Originally Posted by niterunner View Post
    i take low dose amitriptyline for back pain,compression in me spine. side effect major water retention,
    better sleep & less trips to the can.

they do treat unstable bladder with low dose antidpressants 2.
    That's interesting - I had a bike accident 10 years ago, hit a post on my quaka and fractured the L2 vertebra...not the reason for taking amitriptyline but more because I suffer from insomnia and even worse on the test e. The back's been pretty good since I started BB. I had read somewhere that amitriptyline can contribute to prostate problems. Have you heard that? I would be interested to read the source of this treatment you mentioned. Do you have the URL by any chance?

niterunner is offline New Member
    no i dont no about the prostate problem sorry.
    i didnt sleep probly for near 10yrs.
    when i used bennys i was lucky to get 2hrs sumtimes 4 sleep.
    when i take amitripyline i can sumtimes sleep 12hrs striaght through, AMAZING
    Last edited by niterunner; 02-14-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Thread Information