Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    resumephil is offline Junior Member

HCG with a 22 needle?

Hey guys Im getting ready to start my pct with HCG . My question is, can I use 22 x 1 1/2 inch needle to inject into glutes? I know everyone said to use slin pin, to be honest im still not 100% sure what that is. Is it a insulin needle? ANy how im not sure If I can get those but i have alot of the 22 needles.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    u can use them. i use 25's. a lot smaller bro.

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    22g works, but for hcg slin pin is better.29g but 25 g is used also. You can do hcg IM but why? If your feeling froggy do a subq shot in the stomach with an 18g that shoulg get the stuff in there in a hurry.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    I always use HCG subq. Sometimes with an insulin pin and sometimes with a 23g 1.5". Either way, just pinch up a little fat on your sides, go in at a 45 degree angle and shoot.

If you are using a regular IM needle, just poke it in about .25" (quarter of an inch, 1/4 of an inch)

I prefer insulin pins with the needles already on them. I usually keep OneTouch 'slin pins that have zero dead space.

If you use a regular 1cc syringe you will have about .1cc dead space, meaning HCG that sits in there and never gets injected. So if you have 2ccs of HCG in a bottle and are doing .5cc's per inject, you will get your full .5cc on the first 3 injects. But the last draw you will only be able to get about .25-.3cc because the dead space in the syringe and needle from the first 3.

resumephil is offline Junior Member
    Ok i was able to get 25 g needles. So with 25g 1 1/2 you guys are saying to still put in stomach just insert 1/4 inch?

I wanted to inject glutes only because I feel more comfortable injecting into same area as the gear and I cant get any slin pins. If I inject into glutes do I do the 45 degree angle or just straight in? And do i put the whole needle in?

Sorry for so many questions guys. I have done other cycles before but never did HCG so this is new to me.

frank2738 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    i use 25g 1 1/2" pins also. i just shoot it like i would shoot gear. never had a problem doing it like that.

kynetguy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by resumephil
    Ok i was able to get 25 g needles. So with 25g 1 1/2 you guys are saying to still put in stomach just insert 1/4 inch?

I wanted to inject glutes only because I feel more comfortable injecting into same area as the gear and I cant get any slin pins. If I inject into glutes do I do the 45 degree angle or just straight in? And do i put the whole needle in?

Sorry for so many questions guys. I have done other cycles before but never did HCG so this is new to me.

If you are going to take HCG like gear, as an Intra Muscular injection, shoot it just like gear.

The 45 degree deal is only for subcutaneos injections. (under the skin in the fatty layer)

I have just always SubQ'ed it. Not reason, it works either way. So even when I use a 22-25ga, I still subQ it.

Its probablly best that you just IM it. I have many years in the pre-hospital emergency care field, so I am comfortable with a lot of things I sometimes forget others aren't.

Thread Information