play804 is offline New Member

Exclamation Arimidex and Nolvadex PCT help

I'am taking Arimidex .5 mgs and Nolvadex 20mg's everyday with 1200i u vit E and 1000mgs vit c
    I just read though that these two medications should never be taken at the same does anyone know if this is ok to continue for my PCT. I plan on keeping on this for a month.....
    and its all I can get a hold of

Njord is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by play804 View Post
    I'am taking Arimidex .5 mgs and Nolvadex 20mg's everyday with 1200i u vit E and 1000mgs vit c
    I just read though that these two medications should never be taken at the same does anyone know if this is ok to continue for my PCT. I plan on keeping on this for a month.....
    and its all I can get a hold of
    Where did you read that nolva and adex shouldn't be taken together? They are fine together.

play804 is offline New Member
    my friend works for a doctors office and they recieve pamplets on medications and they recieved some arimidex info and in the pamplet the one drug it says not to be used is nolvadex . I figured it was fine though so I haven't stopped but it made me second guess myself I just thought it was weird.

Z28chrismac is offline New Member
    "Lets add in an Aromatase Inhibitor! Which one, though? Well, since we are already using Nolvadex , we can’t use Letrozole or Arimidex , as the Nolvadex will actually greatly decrease the blood plasma levels of them (28)!"

This is a direct quote from the article by Anthony Roberts on this forum.

I too have some dex and nolva on hand, and am curious as to taking them together...BUMP

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Just something I found.. May or may not be relevant..

"ARIMIDEX should not be taken with tamoxifen or estrogen-containing therapies"

http://www.arimidex-us.com/index.aspx

"At a median follow-up of 33 months, the combination of ARIMIDEX and tamoxifen did not demonstrate any efficacy benefit when compared with tamoxifen in all patients as well as in the hormone receptor-positive subpopulation. This treatment arm was discontinued from the trial. Based on clinical and pharmacokinetic results from the ATAC trial, tamoxifen should not be administrated with anastrozole."

It further states that,

"Co-administration of anastrozole and tamoxifen resulted in a reduction of anastrozole plasma levels by 27% compared with those achieved with anastozole alone. Estrogen containing therapies should not be used with ARIMIDEX as they may diminish pharmacologic action."

http://www1.astrazeneca-us.com/pi/arimidex.pdf

In my opinion Aromasin should be used instead of Arimidex (L-dex), the major problems being it's super expensive price and unavailability to the non-prescribed users..

jelly is offline Associate Member
    Oh and just in case you don't know. Nolvadex is tamoxifen ...

Thread Information