Eschaton88 is offline New Member

PCT and Growth plates

Hi guys, basically 6 weeks ago I started a simple anavar only cycle at 50mg a day (which I planned to be on for 8 weeks), I did loads of research which I've researched for months.

Anyway I remember reading that it wasn't the anti-e's that stopped growth plate closure, but the aromatising steroids , so using gear like var, primo, winny etc is fine for not getting your growth plates closed (and some people actually saying it'll make you taller.) However recently someone told me that clomid will close growth plates (and with research on nolva closing growth plates I'm also guessing clomid will too.) Now I'm sure i've got more growth left in me (I'm 20 and 5'7"). And that not using the PCT will also close growth plates because of the estrogen rebound. So basically I need to be cleared up on will this cycle close my plates (with 50mg clomid for 30days as PCT), or will Nolva be better to use as less likely closing growth plates. I know people will probably be mad and most likely say too young for steroids etc but I've also read people say you're ready when you feel ready (after lifting for years and having enough nutritional experience etc.)

Basically lads I'm asking whether my growth plates will be closed or will I be fine? I've also heard in the past even when using roaccutane that it closes growth plates but I carried on growing after. Also what should I do, not PCT and run the risk or PCT and potentially close growth plates because I wasn't clear on whether the anti-e's closed plates or not (some people actually said it kept them open.)

Just need some clued up people to reply as i'll most likely get my plates checked in the future.

Cheers in advance.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome to the board mate!
    Our standard advice to youngsters your age (19, right?) is to not use AAS, including anavar , primo, winnie, and therefore, no need for PCT like you are considering.
    To be candid, you should have had all this figured out first, before starting any cycle.
    Having said all that, I'm not sure we have any "growth plate" experts here? Maybe we do, not sure.
    Hope you find the answers you are looking for!
    ---Roman

Userat204 is offline Associate Member
    Estro is responsible for the closure of growth plates. I don't recommend using any AAS at your age and I'm surprised you aren't suffering libido issues at this point.

There are many docs prescribing AI's to males in puberty with a likely hood to be short to allow more time before closure but this isn't something you would do on your own. You have to have blood work and scans to look at growth plates. There's quite a bit of avaliable info on this topic.

Eschaton88 is offline New Member
    My libido is fine. Will see how it goes on PCT. Do anti-e's have a strong effect on growth plates or is it estrogen aromatisation in particular?

Thanks for the replies so far

Thread Information