CORR24 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

How long can i stay on clomid??

Hey just about to finish up PCT and was wondering me and my wife are trying to concieve and i was thinking about staying on low dose of clomid probably 25mg ED to hopefully help with my sperm health, i do have a varicocele and low sperm count from this. Is this a good idea or can this cause any more problems? Is it dangerous to stay on clomid for longer than like 4wks? Thanks any advice will be appreciated.

insert10p is offline New Member

see dr?

would really advise seeing a doctor if you;re not already

Blog Entries
    i have seen a doctor, gonna go for bloodwork soon too.

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    Well, over Clomid I would recommend HCG , but staying on that too long can shut your own testosterone production down. I also would say talk to the Doctor.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Heimler View Post
    Well, over Clomid I would recommend HCG, but staying on that too long can shut your own testosterone production down. I also would say talk to the Doctor.
    How does HCG shut test production down? The sole purpose of taking HCG is to artificially stimulate your testicles to keep production up. I am doing it long term (over a year so far) to fight testicular atrophy by keeping the testicles producing after my body would normally shut down on its own.

Not saying you are wrong, I am legitimately asking how it shuts you down.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    U can stay on a low dose of clomid for a long time. 25mg Ed is the usual dose for fertility and it's ran for 6+ months.

Talk to ur doc

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Lemonada8;5875200]U can stay on a low dose of clomid for a long time. 25mg Ed is the usual dose for fertility and it's ran for 6+ months.

Talk to ur doc

Thanks bro thats what i was wanting to know, ya i will talk to my doc.

Blog Entries
    I also ran hcg with this post cycle.

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    How does HCG shut test production down? The sole purpose of taking HCG is to artificially stimulate your testicles to keep production up. I am doing it long term (over a year so far) to fight testicular atrophy by keeping the testicles producing after my body would normally shut down on its own.

Not saying you are wrong, I am legitimately asking how it shuts you down.
    No problem, bro I should have noted that I myself have never experienced that, but I have read that this could happen with long cycles of it. I read that because HCG mimics LH and can take its place, which would cause the hypothalamous to cease production of natural LH, that this side effect could happen. But that's reading, and I should have noted it; experienced knowledge is in many cases more important. Great question for people that are experienced like yourself. I'll have to check and see if anyone has experienced this, now.

Stosh_112 is offline Productive Member
    Just wondering what u meant by sayin hcg over clomid? Did u mean during the cycle or post cycle, and why?

Thread Information