Growing Pains is offline New Member

Estrogen Dominance: Is there anything I can take to combat this monthly?

Hello, I'm a new member here (although I've lurked and read for several years) This place is just packed with knowledge; good people; good articles; and lots of common sense approach that cuts through the misinformation highway that seems to be the crux of the internet in many cases. Glad to have found you all, and I am excited about learning all I can from this community.

Now to my question: I'm a 42 yr. old male; done a few cycles over the years (none in the past 4-5 yrs.) and have trained fairly regularly for more than 10 years. I have ALWAYS had a weight problem and can easily pack on 12-15 lbs. of fat a month if not training; even if my diet is clean, I somehow seem to pack on the weight with no effort on my part

I've done a lot of studying over the last few months and from the research I've read, I seem to be fighting this problem of estrogen dominance on a daily basis. I hold water like a bucket; gain weight easily; can't lose weight even when running a few miles a day and eating very clean (I mean eating 2,500 - 3,000 cal/day in the form of chicken/tuna/lean meat/salads/clean carbs/). The only way I can lose weight, is if I run about 3 miles in the morning; 3 at noon; and 3 at night before bed. It's insane the amount of cardio I have to do to lose any weight and this approach is unsustainable and quite boring to say the least.

I believe I have low T, but do not want to do HRT. I'd rather use natural test boosters to help me and figure out a way to get my estrogen under control. I recently done an 8 week cyc of Driven Sports "Activate Extreme" and "Triazole" and it seemed to help. I lost a few pounds just by training and no cardio, but as soon as I stopped taking them, the weight shot back up. It says to only take them for 8 weeks, then take 4 weeks off, so I did what I've read others say about it. I also started taking Zinc and Copper to help as well with the T levels.

The problem is: With 8 weeks of busting ass and weight loss while using the Activate Extreme and Triazole, followed by 4 weeks off of them, I'm just right back to square one, even though I'm still training. I'd like to find an aromatase inhibitor I could take for a long time while building my natural test levels back and getting my estrogen dominance under control.

Do any of you have any good ideas on what I might take to help this estrogen problem I have? Something I could take longer than 8 weeks that won't KILL my libido? Or a combination of things?

I've ordered from AR before for PCT research but wonder if there is something he or others might suggest I could take daily for several months that will help me fight this E problem; lose some weight; get my test levels back up to par, and increase my libido and NOT KILL IT.

Is there anything in the AI dept. that I could take 'very small' dosages of everyday to control the aromatase and not kill my libido; something I could take daily for several months and won't have to get off of in 8 weeks?

Thank You for any advice you may be willing to share with me, and hopefully this thread will help many others struggling with this problem as well. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt I have an estrogen/test problem that is killing my libido; causing me severe weight gain; always tired; very hard gainer when it comes to packing on mass, etc. I'd just like to be able to eat a steak and salad without gaining 10 lbs of fat and water 2 hours later; build some muscle, and not have to diet and do cardio 6 hours a day to lose a single pound of fat.

I'd just love to be like the guy next door who eats pizza, hamburgers, and ice cream all day; sits in front of the computer playing X-Box; drinks a 12 pack, and looks like he's about to step on stage without ever even touching a bar ball. You people who get away with this behavior s**k ..... lol

Thanks in advance fellas

WildRover is offline New Member
    Have you ever checked your E2 blood levels?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Thats genetics bro!... to many more factors than estrogen in those issues.

You will want to get bloodwork done by a doctor and see what is going on.

Growing Pains is offline New Member
    Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of town for a few days. I haven't got blood work done in a long time, but I think it's time to do it again. I ordered some Letro and some Super Miraforte (I've read a few articles that stated the Chrysin was an effective AI if taken with Piperine to aid in absorption, that may or may not be the case). I may try the Letro at .5mg/e3d and see what happens over the next couple of weeks, then taper of with Nolva. I'll keep everyone informed over the next couple of weeks if I'm seeing some positive results.

Thanks for the replies.

WildRover is offline New Member
    I would suggest getting blood work done before you start taking anything. You have an honest concern, so go to your Doctor and tell him you want your blood work checked to rule out (or rule in) any problems. I would assume he would check your thyroid, blood glucose, estrogen and test levels at a minimum. The Occupational Physician that does the physicals where I work found 30 out of 500 males with jacked up thyroids! He said that’s a lot higher statistic then you can find in the literature.

Thread Information