Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By numbere

Thread: Power PCT protocol

Eagle15 is offline New Member

Power PCT protocol

Hey y'all,

I've posted this question on other forums but wanted to try and get more advice from people that have been in this situation or have experienced it one way or another. I used continuously for 2.5 years. Throughout that period I thought I would blast/cruise for life but my priorities changed and I decided to come off. I know TRT may be the only option but I wanted to try and come off first. I ran 100mg of Clomid for 4.5 weeks and 20mg of Nolva for about 7 weeks. I stopped the Nolva bout 3 weeks ago and am definitely experiencing a bit of a crash. So, I'm thinking of running the Power PCT protocol as outlined by Dr. Scally. Does anyone think there would be any negatives to running bouts of HCG /Clomid/Nolva nearly back to back?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Welcome to the forum! I think before you do anything you should wait another 3-4 weeks and have a hormone panel assay. The PCT you ran might have reset your HPTA, but only time will tell.

If your blood work comes back and your hormone levels are poor then I think Scally's PCT program would be worth a try. You don't have many options other than TRT which is a lifelong commitment.

IMO the HCG aspect of Scally's PCT is only worth implementing if one is going to have blood work after the first 15 days, and would also like to test for functionality of the testicals. This first 15 day period is what Scally refers to as a "dynamic challenge." The hCG challenge aspect of his regimine is meant to test if one is suffering from primary hypogonadism.

Below is a synopsis of Scally's program.

Part I

The first half begins with administering an hCG challenge test consisting of 1,000-2,500 IU every other day for 15 days. At the of the 15 day period one should have a full hormone. A failed test for sufficient leydig cell functionality is when total test levels reside in the low 20% of the adult male reference range, which is about 400 ng/dl. If one is unable to attain normal levels through the hCG challenge then they are likely suffering from primary hypogonadism. This means that if SERM treatment in Part II is successful then natural test levels will likely be less than desirable.

Part II

The second half of the protocol uses nolva and clomid in order to stimulate the hypothalamus to produce gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) and the pituitary to release luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). LH will then signal the leydig cells to begin test production and FSH communicate with the sertoli cells to begin spermatogenesis.

SERM treatment should begin with clomid dosed at 50 mg twice a day for 30 days, and nolva dosed at 20 mg/day for 45 days. Then 6-8 weeks after succession of PCT, labs should be drawn which include a full hormone panel in order to assess the extent of HPTA restoration.

Eagle15 is offline New Member
    Thank you very much for the additional information regarding the Power PCT protocol. It's much appreciated!

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle15 View Post
    Thank you very much for the additional information regarding the Power PCT protocol. It's much appreciated!
    Anytime buddy, I hope you stick around the forum and pay it forward. Maybe you can discourage another member before they make the same mistake of using for too long.

Thread Information