kirkjamest is offline Junior Member

Angry Had to stop first cycle, bummer, time for PCT?

Here is a bummer of a story. After reading and researching as much as I could I came across Austinite's post on first cycle and kelkel's responses therein and decided to pull the trigger on my first cycle. Here is what I did for 3 1/2 weeks.

48, 5'10, 175 lbs, 17.8 percent BF
    400mg T-Cyp. 200mg IM 2X per week. Pharm grade
    Arimidex .5 PO 3X weekly
    HCG 500iu subq 2X weekly

Did blood work after 3 weeks and adjusted fire with arimidex to .25 EOD, I added in NAC as the liver values increased pretty quick. Watched lipids climb but were still in the "not bad" range. Got some advice from Kelkel and kept on trucking. Had great total and free test, things were going awesome in the gym and I was pretty excited.

Was just beginning to see results when I got called out of the country for what was supposed to be 4 days so I would only miss one pin, decided to leave the gear behind to reduce risk of confiscation. Turns out I got stuck in another country for a little over two weeks and missed a total of 5 pins.

So, I got blood work as soon as I got back stateside and here is my dilemma.
    Pre cycle BW showed test at 597ng/dl and free was 10.2. LH=8.3, FSH=8.5 and TSH 3.37. Hematocrit was 46.8. E-2 non sensitive was 15.2.

The blood work I just did showed the liver is stabilizing but the lipids are still through the roof and the Hematocrit has hit 50.7 (after 19 days of no pinning, ugh). Total T is now below baseline at 583, Free is at 11.2, LH<.2, FSH<.2 TSH=3.77. E-2 sensitive is 28.3!! Eeck. (I didn't take arimidex while outside the US)

Clearly my system has shut down completely and I'm sure it will be only a few more days before I crash.....HARD. So, my question is, do I abandon my first ever cycle after spending so much time, effort and cash or do I pick up where I left off? (Been off for 19 days now, so right at time line to start PCT for T-Cyp)

If I abandon I do have the necessary ancillaries including Nolv, clom and hcg (large quantities) on hand to do a proper PCT so my question then would be how long should I run PCT given the fact i was only on the AAS for 3.5 weeks? And, should PCT continue at the same doses as recommended on this board?

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO THOSE WHO THINK A SHORT CYCLE WON'T SHUT THEM DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for any responses,

James Tiberius Kirk.

DSS
    DSS is offline Associate Member
    Takes a lot longer than a couple of weeks to recover from a cycle. Even if it was only a few weeks. Four week PCT only speeds things up. But still may take a lot longer to recover. Hang in there.

DSS, hey thanks for the response, I appreciate it. Would you continue with the cycle or stop and do PCT?

DSS
    If it were me, I prob would start PCT. being the scale of time of 19days and ur observation of test C being 18days. Esters already clearing your system.

So I would start it and then maybe evaluate a proper cycle after its finished. (Time on + PCT = time off)

However the duration of the PCT for 3.5week cycle, I'll let more knowledgeable members chime in.

(I'd prob do a full PCT if it was me because I wouldn't be taking a chance anymore lol. But u may not need to)

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    It's really your call you could go either way. Your only 3.5 weeks in right?

Well, I was 3.5 weeks into the cycle and left the country, so I have been off the cycle for 19 days now. Basically did 7 pins all together at 200mg/pin and haven't done any since X-mas eve.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest
    Well, I was 3.5 weeks into the cycle and left the country, so I have been off the cycle for 19 days now. Basically did 7 pins all together at 200mg/pin and haven't done any since X-mas eve.
    you may as well just pct then

that is what I'm leaning toward. Which brings up the question, is a full round of PCT necessary or should I shorten it?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest
    that is what I'm leaning toward. Which brings up the question, is a full round of PCT necessary or should I shorten it?
    doing a full pct isn't going to hurt. If it were me I would run labs now you but after 19 days you should be starting to crash

DSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    doing a full pct isn't going to hurt. If it were me I would run labs now you but after 19 days you should be starting to crash
    I think he recently got labs Bio. Test was around the same as before AS but LH/FSH shut down as result of cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by DSS
    I think he recently got labs Bio. Test was around the same as before AS but LH/FSH shut down as result of cycle.
    gotcha then run a full pct

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    gotcha then run a full pct
    Cool, thanks you guys. I appreciate it.

ocman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest View Post
    Here is a bummer of a story.
    That sucks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkjamest View Post
    The blood work I just did showed the liver is stabilizing but the lipids are still through the roof and the Hematocrit has hit 50.7 (after 19 days of no pinning, ugh).
    Did your liver values (alt/ast) rise?

adatar is offline New Member
    i personally do not agree with the claim that full pct wont hurt,it does hurt as these medicines you will be taking has their sideeffects,such as liver toxicity,blured vision,erectal disfuntion,emotional sideeffects,increased risks of several cancers.these things are not something to joke around,i do think you need full pct now but my statements are for someone who uses them for a week or two and the system didnt shut down its natural production

i wrote this also because people just pass around information they read from others,as example i opened a topic asking about deca ,and i was on my second week,when i got response from a guy who told me you should leave steroids and learn about nutrition and do a pct,i didnt even responded,he just read somewhere that if you quit steroids you need pct,without asking me how long do i take steroids,what did i took at all..

in your case yes full pct,but statement it wont hurt to take full pct is something i dont agree,its something that has to be done after steroid cycle,but its not joke,especially to ones that wont need pct if they quit after only few pins

Quote Originally Posted by ocman View Post
    That sucks brother!

Did your liver values (alt/ast) rise?
    Yes, the alt/ast values rose rather rapidly so I did a GGT (gamma-glutamyl transferase) test to determine if the AAS was affecting bile ducts and, although I didn't have a baseline GGT reading prior to using the T-Cyp, the tested range of GGT was fine. So I assume my liver was just pissed off and reacting poorly. Either way, watching liver enzyme values decrease is a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by adatar View Post
    i personally do not agree with the claim that full pct wont hurt,it does hurt as these medicines you will be taking has their sideeffects,such as liver toxicity,blured vision,erectal disfuntion,emotional sideeffects,increased risks of several cancers.these things are not something to joke around,i do think you need full pct now but my statements are for someone who uses them for a week or two and the system didnt shut down its natural production

i wrote this also because people just pass around information they read from others,as example i opened a topic asking about deca ,and i was on my second week,when i got response from a guy who told me you should leave steroids and learn about nutrition and do a pct,i didnt even responded,he just read somewhere that if you quit steroids you need pct,without asking me how long do i take steroids,what did i took at all..

in your case yes full pct,but statement it wont hurt to take full pct is something i dont agree,its something that has to be done after steroid cycle,but its not joke,especially to ones that wont need pct if they quit after only few pins
    adatar, thank you for the input, I appreciate it. I agree, anytime we put anything in our bodies the risk/reward balancing act must be taken into account. That is why I asked for the advise here and greatly appreciate all those who responded including your post. I chose to risk the use of AAS for the first time, my body responded poorly as far as liver and hematocrit. That, combined with the cycle getting screwed up, in turn screwed up my head so I abandoned the cycle. Now I'm doing the PCT, I did crash hard on days 20, 21 and 22 post last pin but am doing much better with the recommended PCT from these forums. I still cannot stand the idea of putting more stuff into my system that is affecting my physiology but hey, the risk/reward combined with advise given here has pointed into the direction of PCT. Just cant wait till its all over at this point.

Thread Information