Thread: Porter Cottrel

Porter Cottrel

Average Cycle: 100mgs EOD of Masteron
    Highest dose: 500mgs/week (total, everything together)

Something to think about.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^Indeed.

Killer work ethic as well.

Balanced being an active fireman as well as Pro BB. didn't he?

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Utter rubbish.

As if!

^^

C'mon.. You know we're applauding the physique and work ethic... no comments on the cycle

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    ^^Indeed.

Killer work ethic as well.

Balanced being an active fireman as well as Pro BB. didn't he?
    Yes. Which makes me think that during his contest prep he maintained enough energy to work...as opposed to the near death state of most BB'ers in the IFBB when they are near the end of a contest prep cycle.

As for the cycle, that's straight from his lips. Why would he lie?
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 03-06-2007 at 10:45 AM.

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    Utter rubbish.

As if!

This is for you buddy. Lee Priest cutting cycle.It`s clever what they do,Reverse Psychology.I know your going to love this,I love his free-style training philosophy.

http://www.getbig.com/iview/priest040213.htm

[QUOTE=Anthony Roberts]Yes. Which makes me think that during his contest prep he maintained enough energy to work...as opposed to the near death state of most BB'ers in the IFBB when they are near the end of a contest prep cycle.

As for the cycle, that's straight from his lips. Why would he lie?[/QUOTE]
    Do you really believe everything what the pro's say??

Jason865 is offline Banned
    Total BS

Close this thread

[quote=marcus300]
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    Yes. Which makes me think that during his contest prep he maintained enough energy to work...as opposed to the near death state of most BB'ers in the IFBB when they are near the end of a contest prep cycle.

As for the cycle, that's straight from his lips. Why would he lie?[/QUOTE]
    Do you really believe everything what the pro's say??
    I don't believe everything anybody says.

But I see no motive for him to lie, and no support for your claim that he's doing so. Hence I believe him. He competed at well under 200lbs, and I think that's achievable with those genetics at the dose he claims.

Maybe if you could provide some evidence that he was lying (or a motive) then I could see some support for your contention that he's lying. But until then, the benefit of the doubt ought go on his side.

[QUOTE=Anthony Roberts]
    I don't believe everything anybody says.

But I see no motive for him to lie, and no support for your claim that he's doing so. Hence I believe him. He competed at well under 200lbs, and I think that's achievable with those genetics at the dose he claims.

Maybe if you could provide some evidence that he was lying (or a motive) then I could see some support for your contention that he's lying. But until then, the benefit of the doubt ought go on his side.
    utter

sorry do not believe that in anyway. ive also heard that Ronnie doesnt take anything except whey pro and creatine, must be true!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=marcus300]
    utter

sorry do not believe that in anyway. ive also heard that Ronnie doesnt take anything except whey pro and creatine, must be true!
    i know for a FACT that ronnie uses Cellmass!

anywho, i look at lee priest and porter cottrel, they look great, but i do not believe for a second that they achieved those physiques with as little help from drugs that they say they do.

lifta_00 is offline Associate Member
    i know for a FACT that ronnie uses Cellmass!

hahahahahha

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=Timm1704]

anywho, i look at lee priest and porter cottrel, they look great, but i do not believe for a second that they achieved those physiques with as little help from drugs that they say they do.
    I agree, yea genetics, diet and training contribute for a lot of why they look like they do but the drugs do play more of a part than they try to pass off.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

As for the cycle, that's straight from his lips. Why would he lie?
    because he said this during a debate with an old time BBer who was anti AS and PC was trying to justify his safe steroid usage by suggesting he only used small ammounts compared to "other pros" who use much more. Im sorry but I cant believe you can maintain that sort of physique with such low dosages no matter how hard you work/ good your diet is.

What Pro BBer wants to be the one to claim he uses the most AS?

Well "he said" "he uses" this....That's like A pro Athlete who tested positive for AS saying he's never taken any...

AR, that's interesting that you heard him say this.....Some people are compulsive liars in this world, it's hard to tell what's true and what isn't.

That's why people like me don't pay attention to what others claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    What Pro BBer wants to be the one to claim he uses the most AS?

Well "he said" "he uses" this....That's like A pro Athlete who tested positive for AS saying he's never taken any...

AR, that's interesting that you heard him say this.....Some people are compulsive liars in this world, it's hard to tell what's true and what isn't.

That's why people like me don't pay attention to what others claim.

Actually, he said it off the air to the host of the show (a mutual friend of ours) also.

I think he's telling the truth. He was well under 200lbs and I don't think (if genetics/diet/training are all very good) that it's impossible to reach what he achieved on the drugs he was on and the doses. He was 195ish, ripped. Why is it so hard to believe you can do that on Half a gram a week? Do we think Arnold took more than that? Most people believe he took less...and he was 40lbs heavier.

Porter was roughly the Height/Weight of several (Drug-tested) of the short(er) NFL running backs, just more ripped...you know...Barry Sanders was similar height weight (slightly taller and heavier) and there was no speculation about him every being on AAS....he was pretty ripped, and nearly Porter's stats.

On another note it's odd how many people are sure that it takes XYZ amount of drugs to get to the Professional Ranks...yet aren't there themselves and don't train any professionals.

Weird, right?

Another friend of mine who is an IFBB pro (Phil Hernon) told me that he used about 500mgs for most of the year, and only went up to about a gram and a half for precontest. Most users here are on that much....yet look nothing like Phil. I suppose he's lying too....?

Bottom line is that I believe the guy, and I believe that 195lbs at 5'6" is attainable with only minimal AAS.

Actually, he said it off the air to the host of the show (a mutual friend of ours) also.

I think he's telling the truth. He was well under 200lbs and I don't think (if genetics/diet/training are all very good) that it's impossible to reach what he achieved on the drugs he was on and the doses. He was 195ish, ripped. Why is it so hard to believe you can do that on Half a gram a week? Do we think Arnold took more than that? Most people believe he took less...and he was 40lbs heavier.

Porter was roughly the Height/Weight of several (Drug-tested) of the short(er) NFL running backs, just more ripped...you know...Barry Sanders was similar height weight (slightly taller and heavier) and there was no speculation about him every being on AAS....he was pretty ripped, and nearly Porter's stats.

On another note it's odd how many people are sure that it takes XYZ amount of drugs to get to the Professional Ranks...yet aren't there themselves and don't train any professionals.

Weird, right?

Another friend of mine who is an IFBB pro (Phil Hernon) told me that he used about 500mgs for most of the year, and only went up to about a gram and a half for precontest. Most users here are on that much....yet look nothing like Phil. I suppose he's lying too....?

Bottom line is that I believe the guy, and I believe that 195lbs at 5'6" is attainable with only minimal AAS.
    And thats why i dont believe a word you say either LOL

Trust me he took more than 500mg per wk OMFG

And thats why i dont believe a word you say either LOL
    And that's certainly your right...

I suppose people will have to measure our respective success(es) in this field when they decide whom to believe, out of the two of us.

And that's their right too, I suppose...

And that's certainly your right...

I suppose people will have to measure our respective success(es) in this field when they decide whom to believe, out of the two of us.

And that's their right too, I suppose...
    Take a look back over your thread big boy , no one agrees with you they all say BS not just me.

I wouldnt say attracting newbies is success, remember you have no idea who i am or what i do so dont comment on things you know nothing about

I know more about you than you know and dont temp me either or everyone else will also KNOW\!!

take care

Take a look back over your thread big boy , no one agrees with you they all say BS not just me.

I wouldnt say attracting newbies is success, remember you have no idea who i am or what i do so dont comment on things you know nothing about

I know more about you than you know and dont temp me either or everyone else will also KNOW\!!

take care
    I find the argument unpersuasive that you can't get to 195lbs without using more than 1/2 a gram of AAS. There've been members here who got to that weight at a similar height, without using more aas. Bask8kase was nearly Porter's height/weight with a similar amount of AAS. I was the same height as Porter and heavier at the end of my first 25mg/day (6 week) cycle of Dbol . I have no reservation thinking that he could get to that weight but be shredded, with half a gram per week of AAS. I couldn't, for sure...but he could.

As for the rest of your post, I admit I'm intrigued. Enlighten me. Please tell me more about you and I...exactly who are you and what do you know about me? You've piqued my interest.

And...this isn't "me vs/ you" this is people's opinion on whether Porter is telling the truth. I think he is. You think otherwise...as do many others.

As another example, everyone on T - Nation's staff, everyone at anabolicxtreme, etc...think Paul Porreson was a fraud, a liar, and ultimately a junkie who OD'd...you think otherwise. I agree with the latter...but that's not "me vs/ you " in some bizarre kind of internet rivalry.

I'm not on board for that kind of thing anywhere with anyone.
    Last edited by Property of Steroid.com; 03-07-2007 at 12:03 PM.

I find the argument unpersuasive that you can't get to 195lbs without using more than 1/2 a gram of AAS. There've been members here who got to that weight at a similar height, without using more aas. Bask8kase was nearly Porter's height/weight with a similar amount of AAS. I was the same height as Porter and heavier at the end of my first 25mg/day (6 week) cycle of Dbol . I have no reservation thinking that he could get to that weight but be shredded, with half a gram per week of AAS. I couldn't, for sure...but he could.

As for the rest of your post, I admit I'm intrigued. Enlighten me. Please tell me more about you and I...exactly who are you and what do you know about me? You've piqued my interest.

And...this isn't "me vs/ you" this is people's opinion on whether Porter is telling the truth. I think he is. You think otherwise...as do many others.

As another example, everyone on T - Nation's staff, everyone at anabolicxtreme, etc...think Paul Porreson was a fraud, a liar, and ultimately a junkie who OD'd...you think otherwise. I agree with the latter...but that's not "me vs/ you " in some bizarre kind of internet rivalry.

I'm not on board for that kind of thing anywhere with anyone.
    Everyone is entilited to their opinion, your opinion doesnt carry any credibility in anyway with me. you come across so arrogant and much of what you write is copied and pasted with your own little twist on things.

All you do is try and talk down anyone with any knowledge so only your view is correct. your market is newbies because anyone who knows what they are talking wont listen to you. I would rather take notice of someone who looks like he knows what he is talking about and not a long distant runner!

If your truely believe PC built his body on 500mg per wk thats fine, it just stregthens my opinion of you. take care

Several years ago, when I knew relatively little about anabolics, I would probably have had the same opinion as you.

^^This is a loaded debate.. and i'm honestly unsure of which side of the coin i fall on.

Personally i have some friends who i've had the priviledge to consult with and 'assist'... Some pros.

Of them, two are heavy users.. and one a very minor user.

The one who's a minor user uses less than half of what i see pushed on the message boards. His cycles are shorter.. They're also less frequent.

He doesn't stack..not in the conventional sense. And when he does it's two compounds at a time max.. and the doses are minor.

Yet his physique is world class.

He's never touched peptides (GH/igf/Insulin /mgf).

Never touched thyroid hormones nor clen .

Never touched anything as harsh as tren .

He's never approached a gram/Wk of total AAS... and may not.

His coach passed by my house today because he's supposed to be training me for my pro attempt (date yet to be set).. and we were talking gear.

I believe what he says..because he was/is my coach and has always been straight up with me. His athletes protocols are straight foward... He's always provided a deliniated rationale for such.

In his words today: "If it works..why add more?"

Honestly, that's why i stay out of the AAS forum.

Because i believe too much focus is being placed on gear... and very little on the important pre-requisites: training and nutrition.

Most trainees claim to know that diet and training are important.. diet especially. But when you inquire of them what their diet looks like on cycle, the general response is: "My diet's spot-on.. i'm eating everything in sight!!!"

^^*rolls eyes*

Anyway.. /end rant

-Narkissos

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    ^^This is a loaded debate.. and i'm honestly unsure of which side of the coin i fall on.

Personally i have some friends who i've had the priviledge to consult with and 'assist'... Some pros.

Of them, two are heavy users.. and one a very minor user.

The one who's a minor user uses less than half of what i see pushed on the message boards. His cycles are shorter.. They're also less frequent.

He doesn't stack..not in the conventional sense. And when he does it's two compounds at a time max.. and the doses are minor.

Yet his physique is world class.

He's never touched peptides (GH/igf/Insulin /mgf).

Never touched thyroid hormones nor clen .

Never touched anything as harsh as tren .

He's never approached a gram/Wk of total AAS... and may not.

His coach passed by my house today because he's supposed to be training me for my pro attempt (date yet to be set).. and we were talking gear.

I believe what he says..because he was/is my coach and has always been straight up with me. His athletes protocols are straight foward... He's always provided a deliniated rationale for such.

In his words today: "If it works..why add more?"

Honestly, that's why i stay out of the AAS forum.

Because i believe too much focus is being placed on gear... and very little on the important pre-requisites: training and nutrition.

Most trainees claim to know that diet and training are important.. diet especially. But when you inquire of them what their diet looks like on cycle, the general response is: "My diet's spot-on.. i'm eating everything in sight!!!"

^^*rolls eyes*

Anyway.. /end rant

-Narkissos
    The question is do you believe PC that he only users 500mgs, you have to remember how long this guys as been pro and in the public eye. for me i dont believe.

You are correct Nark to much is on drugs nowadays, to much AAS are used and they are used for way to long.

Several years ago, when I knew relatively little about anabolics, I would probably have had the same opinion as you.
    Everyone is entilited to their opinion, your opinion doesnt carry any credibility in anyway with me. you come across so arrogant and much of what you write is copied and pasted with your own little twist on things.

All you do is try and talk down anyone with any knowledge so only your view is correct. your market is newbies because anyone who knows what they are talking wont listen to you. I would rather take notice of someone who looks like he knows what he is talking about and not a long distant runner!

If your truely believe PC built his body on 500mg per wk thats fine, it just stregthens my opinion of you. take care

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    "I don't use test either. Why should I like it? I've always had a high level of testosterone , and it suppressed my natural level so I got weaker, so I never used. But people say to me 'Everybody uses test.' No, I don't like it, are you telling me what I like and what I use now? Everybody is an expert here. Sometimes I go just to read the bulletin boards to see what I am doing lately, as people know more about me than I know. "

I hate lee priest now.

jbarkley is offline Member
    Oh wow, there's a blast from the past, I haven't heard Porter mentioned in a long time.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Interesting.

I bet some Pro's use shit loads, others less than the average/high dosed user. Their diets are good, no doubt. But genetics vary. Yeah...Most are v-shaped but their responses to AS would be quite different, I think.

Thread Information