Ermantroudt is offline Associate Member

10/16 Maximum Effort BP

/>
    2. Rack Lock-out w/ middle finger on the smooth: 225x3 (Too Heavy), 185x5 (Too Light), 205x5, 210x2x5

3. Chest Supported Rows: 125x12 & 10 with a wide grip, 125x10 & 8 with a paralell grip

4. Spread Eagle Russian Twists: 45x2x10, 25x2x15

Then we put the Mono-lift platform back together.

Ermantroudt

Cubanito17 is offline Member
    good workout bro

Did you ever post your meet results or is it stil upcoming???

Meet did not go as planned, went 3 for 9 only making openers.

Ermantroudt

well at least you competed, going back to how your condition was earlier.

powerlifterjay is offline Respected Member
    Been there dont that with meets! Gett em next time. Good workout too. Did you get the carpet presses from Bob Youngs?

While I am sure Bob was doing something like this before me; I made my carpet press up on my own, like a hassock squat for the BP.

Ermantroudt

What's a hassack squat??

ERMANTROUDT dude you know SOOO many diff excercises you'll be getting ALOT of posts from me asking you what they are I've tried a few of the ones you've mentioned and I like them.

I know this wasn't new to me but I just never did them rev grip band presses. I can't wait to do these tomm. And my avg bands came in today OF COURSE no matter what I'm gonna try them out tomm.

"What's a hassack squat??"

It is a box squat onto a foot stool (also know as a hassok). You have to stay very tight or you will sink into the hassok and stay there.

"ERMANTROUDT dude you know SOOO many diff excercises you'll be getting ALOT of posts from me asking you what they are I've tried a few of the ones you've mentioned and I like them."

Hope I can help you, or any other board members. Feel free to PM me or post on the forum and I will do my best to help.

Ermantroudt

thanks for the help but I guess it's just me that doesn't understand your explanation of it, can you be a bit more detail

"...can you be a bit more detail?"

This is taken from Dave's q & a:

Q: What are hassock squats?

A: A Hassock is a leather footstoole. When you sit on it you will sink a inch or two before it stops you.

Q: hi dave.. we got a hassock stool for squats. how can you incorporate this into really flexing off the hassock to develope more speed? would you suggest the percentage,bands,chains,sets and reps. also what days would be good to do this? thanks TONY

A: TONY I LOVE TO OCCASIONALLY USE THE HASSOCK FOR MAX EFFORT SQUAT WORKOUTS WITH EITHER THE SAFETY SQUAT BAR,CAMBERED SQUAT BAR, MANTA RAY, OR FRONT SQUAT HARNESS. I DON'T WEAR ANY EQUIPMENT, USE A CLOSE STANCE, SQUAT TO A LOW BOX, AND STRAIN. IT STRENGTHENS THE HIPS,CORE,AND POSTERIOR CHAIN TO THE MAX!

Q: HI DAVE.. WE JUST GOT A HASSOCK STOOL FOR SQUATS.HOW CAN I USE IT TO DEVELOPE MORE FLEX AND SPEED OFF THE BOTTOM? LIKE WHAT DAYS TO USE. WHAT PERCENTAGE AND THE USE OF BANDS AND CHAINS WITH IT ALSO WHAT HEIGHT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR THIS...SETS AND REPS.... THANKS TONY..

A: Tony, Use it on ME day as a low box squats with the various bars. Work up to a max single.

Hopefully, that explains it a little better than I could.

Ermantroudt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10/16 Maximum Effort BP-chalkhands-ipa.jpg  

thanks that helped more,

So what i'm getting out of this it's basically like a stool squat instead of a box squat, right???

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    What it is is like doing a box squat but on top of the box there is a soft pad that will compress when you sit on it making it harder to get off the bottom. Like box squatting with a pillow on the box

well do you guys pause on the box or something???

I normally just tap and go, I find that if you were to pause you can REALLY mess your back up.

musc2002pa is offline Associate Member
    You should be releasing your hip flexors on the box, which ends making you pause. Tapping and going kind of defeats the purpose of box squats IMO. When release the hip flexors and then contract them and explode off the box, this is where the box squat comes effective. YOu build explosive power in the hole.

GRIMM is offline Junior Member
    Musc2002 is right cuba, and you are much more likely to hurt youirself taping and going than sitting down on it. It also lets you sit back further than just a tap and go.

Sitting on the box, and keeping tight, will help you develop more power out of the bottom of the squat. Tappinng the box, with a load on your back, sends all the force through your spine. Sit, keep tight; but relax the hip flexors, then explode up.

Ermantroudt

Thread Information