minnesotaboxers is offline New Member

Question Filtered needle?

Do I need a filtered needle to draw from an ampule? Some say there are tiny pieces of glass that may fall in.

anabol1590 is offline Junior Member
    Its up to you pretty much, its definitly a great thing to use. Better to be safe then sorry...ya know

Quote Originally Posted by minnesotaboxers View Post
    Do I need a filtered needle to draw from an ampule? Some say there are tiny pieces of glass that may fall in.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Some of those amps are pretty weak and I can see where pieces of glass may get into your syringe.

Filtered needles are overkill for drawing from an ampule. I've never ever seen an ampule smash into pieces small enough to fit up thru a needle.

I bet you'd have difficult sucking glass up thru a needle even if you tried to! Give it a go, take an old ampule and smash it into little bits, then try to suck up a bit of glass.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Almond View Post
    Filtered needles are overkill for drawing from an ampule. I've never ever seen an ampule smash into pieces small enough to fit up thru a needle.

I bet you'd have difficult sucking glass up thru a needle even if you tried to! Give it a go, take an old ampule and smash it into little bits, then try to suck up a bit of glass.
    Yea..you're right.

No need for the filter.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Hey junior, you really need to watch what you say, being a 22 year old newb on his first cycle you really have no frame of reference in anything that you say. If the Op wants to use a filter needle than go ahead , who are you to say that they're Overkill It takes just one miniscule piece of glass to ruin your entire day.

Quote Originally Posted by Almond View Post

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    Hey junior, you really need to watch what you say, being a 22 year old newb on his first cycle you really have no frame of reference in anything that you say. If the Op wants to use a filter needle than go ahead , who are you to say that they're Overkill It takes just one miniscule piece of glass to ruin your entire day.
    yeah he chose to go against everyone's advice and jump into a cycle he's not ready for, which is certainly his choice, but he has no business at all giving cycle advice. I'm not the only one here who is getting tired of it, and it will either stop by his choice or ours if he persists.

scotimus is offline Associate Member
    hey big and ottomaddox head over to my freezing thread and let me know what you think haha thanks

Thread Information