thex95 is offline Senior Member

Calorie intake for aesthetic training

Alright let me start off by saying I know a lot of epople on here are not hudge fans of aesthetic training due to people like zyzz, and all his followers. However i have recently come to accept the fact that I am never going to be a hugde dude, partially due to gentics, and also due to the fact that I really dont see myself cycling again. Just wondering how guys who guy for the aesthetic look take in their calories (macros and totals over or under tdee). I have seen a lot on here to just eat a ton to gain, but do the aesthetic trainers choose a different route? they seem to have extremely low bf yet fairly big arms and whatever else.

Also if anyone knows how these guys train (number days per week and sets/reps) that would be awesome to know too.

Alright now lets see how bad I get flamed and how many posts I can get where people dont actually answer the questions above.

(Also I realize aesthetic looking dudes take a ton of gear and I just said I wont cycle anymore and that is contrfadictory but lets just try to stay on topic with regards to diet and nutrition of aesthetic training)

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Nobody will be flaming anybody or they won't last long here.

As far as i'm concerned, the approach to training and dieting doesn't change much from one goal to the other. The 'aesthetic' look you're referring to still requires a good muscle base with a low bodyfat percentage. Nothing different than anybody is trying to do here save the few 'powerlifter' types who don't have much regard for bodyfat. If you don't want to get 'huge' but are already muscular, then it's a matter of getting as lean as you want to be while maintaining muscle mass, and then maintaining that look indefinitely.

I think it all depends on where you're at now. What are your current stats? How long have you been training?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Nobody will be flaming anybody or they won't last long here.

As far as i'm concerned, the approach to training and dieting doesn't change much from one goal to the other. The 'aesthetic' look you're referring to still requires a good muscle base with a low bodyfat percentage. Nothing different than anybody is trying to do here save the few 'powerlifter' types who don't have much regard for bodyfat. If you don't want to get 'huge' but are already muscular, then it's a matter of getting as lean as you want to be while maintaining muscle mass, and then maintaining that look indefinitely.

I think it all depends on where you're at now. What are your current stats? How long have you been training?
    Current stats ;
    age 24
    weight 182
    height 5'11
    bf% 10-12 (a guess)
    years training 5

The body fat percentage is a guess to be honest. I look lean in the front, yet I have sort of a ghetto booty because I think i store almost all my fat in my ass. I will put up a couple of posed pics when I get home so you guys can see better. I also think I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt so I find it really hard to guess my bf%. if you could point me to the right direction on the training routine for what I am looking for I would be extremely grateful gbrice, thanks for taking the post seriously aswell.

this is the only pic I have right now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lepic.jpg 
Views:	1010 
Size:	348.7 KB 
ID:	124476

not the best pic, but you can get a general idea of where I am at with it. This was after some boxing so i have a slight pump on in the arms.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    damn man, you look ripped already! i am not the best at guessing BF but i think you are at 12% or so. you may want to give IF diet a try to see if changing things up some will help out

Dude, you suffer from the same problem a lot of us do (me included). You don't think you look like you work out? Really?

I store most of my fat in my ass and hips too, so I feel your pain. My pants are loose as hell on my waist because I have to buy bigger pants to accommodate my fat ass.

Looks to me like you've made good progress bro. What do you want out of it at this point? What's the next goal (I won't ask for ultimate goal because we're never satisfied)? Sorry if you've already stated it somewhere along the line.

PS - i'd say lower than 12, seeing as the bottom 2 abs are somewhat visible. Ripped? No. Lean? Definitely.

Ben_66 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    this is the only pic I have right now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lepic.jpg 
Views:	1010 
Size:	348.7 KB 
ID:	124476

not the best pic, but you can get a general idea of where I am at with it. This was after some boxing so i have a slight pump on in the arms.
    Looking good man, good start to start bulking. I'm the opposite trying to cut down to 8%. A lot of good people on this board with a lot of knowledge.

Good luck on your quest!

Thanks guys! Lots of great support on here.

Dude, you suffer from the same problem a lot of us do (me included). You don't think you look like you work out? Really?

I store most of my fat in my ass and hips too, so I feel your pain. My pants are loose as hell on my waist because I have to buy bigger pants to accommodate my fat ass.

Looks to me like you've made good progress bro. What do you want out of it at this point? What's the next goal (I won't ask for ultimate goal because we're never satisfied)? Sorry if you've already stated it somewhere along the line.
    Where I would really like to go now is a ripped look to be honest. My biggest concern is losing the muscle I have gained over the last while. So really I guess my goal for now is to burn off my fat while holding on to the muscle. Not sure if that's do-able or not, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    damn man, you look ripped already! i am not the best at guessing BF but i think you are at 12% or so. you may want to give IF diet a try to see if changing things up some will help out
    cool man, I will look into that for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by thex95 View Post
    Thanks guys! Lots of great support on here.

Where I would really like to go now is a ripped look to be honest. My biggest concern is losing the muscle I have gained over the last while. So really I guess my goal for now is to burn off my fat while holding on to the muscle. Not sure if that's do-able or not, what do you guys think?
    100% doable. If you go about it right, you can expect to lose very little if any muscle. I went from around 15-16% bodyfat to my avy condition in 3 months. No noticeable loss in muscle mass, and in fact strength increased in many lifts from week to week. Carb cycling is king here IMO.

100% doable. If you go about it right, you can expect to lose very little if any muscle. I went from around 15-16% bodyfat to my avy condition in 3 months. No noticeable loss in muscle mass, and in fact strength increased in many lifts from week to week. Carb cycling is king here IMO.
    awesome gbrice thanks for all your help

Thread Information