BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member

Melo and Billups to the Knicks...

Does this shift the power from the west to the east? Seems the east is loaded with all the talent, with 5 teams now with real talent. As opposed to an aging western conference with three teams with aging talent.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    The East still belongs to the Celtics.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    gonna be a fun playoffs

True Tigershark. The Celtics are still THE team to beat in the East. But there is no denying that these other teams in the East are no pushovers anymore. With all that talent in the East, they may just be softening themselves up with the west. By this I mean, the path to the championship in the West is much easier than the East, so whatever teams makes it may have fresher legs. But like I said, the dominant teams in the west (San Antonio, Dallas, and Lakers) all have aging vets. So it may not be much of an advantage.

San Antonio has always been the quiet giant going into the playoffs. You never hear much about them all year and they almost always finish with one of the top records in the NBA.

I would love to see the Celtics win one more time before the big 3 have to retire. This could be thier last year to make a run for it.

Tigershark, check out this article. The Celtics just made some odd trades. Kendric Perkins and Nate Robinson? Really? I wonder why?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-325990

bulls beat the heat now...loved it

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    I am real interested to see how the Heat does in the playoffs. Whole lotta egos on that team, will see how they play together when it matters.

I disagree with that Toad. I don't see the ego problem on that team that people thought would happen. Look at how the season has progressed with them. Some nights Lebron carries the load, sometimes its Wade, and then for a streak, it was Bosh. None complained, they were just happy to be winning. I think the problem is making those pieces fit in the proper dynamic. Remember these guys have only been playing together for a short period of time, people thought the same with Boston, but look what happened. Now give the Heat 300+ games to play together and they'll be something special.

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    They definitely have a ton of talent and the sky is the limit, and I agree it is big challenge fitting the pieces together. I still wonder what is going to happen if during playoffs they hit a rough patch how they will react, especially since the expectations are so high. There is going to be a lot of pressure on them to deliver in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    I disagree with that Toad. I don't see the ego problem on that team that people thought would happen. Look at how the season has progressed with them. Some nights Lebron carries the load, sometimes its Wade, and then for a streak, it was Bosh. None complained, they were just happy to be winning. I think the problem is making those pieces fit in the proper dynamic. Remember these guys have only been playing together for a short period of time, people thought the same with Boston, but look what happened. Now give the Heat 300+ games to play together and they'll be something special.
    I agree with bigMc.... as much as i am a non fan of james i see all players goin about there biz in a team way...its just a tough league and lots of talent..not just the big names/contract players...back to the heat..i think they do have super ego but imo it doesnt affect their team play...once again...yes toad....gonna be a fun/intersting playoffs

Tigershark, check out this article. The Celtics just made some odd trades. Kendric Perkins and Nate Robinson? Really? I wonder why?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba-325990
    On the radio they are saying ownership did not want to pay Perkins' asking price in the off season. They offered him a tender at the beginning of the season and he said "he wanted to test the market" not good with Danny Ainge in charge. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens now since Perkins was our bruiser under the basket which helped Garnett play so much better. I have heard they may bring Rasheed Wallace back but God I hope not. He was awful last year and just needs to stay retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    On the radio they are saying ownership did not want to pay Perkins' asking price in the off season. They offered him a tender at the beginning of the season and he said "he wanted to test the market" not good with Danny Ainge in charge. Guess we will have to wait and see what happens now since Perkins was our bruiser under the basket which helped Garnett play so much better. I have heard they may bring Rasheed Wallace back but God I hope not. He was awful last year and just needs to stay retired.
    i hope sheed comes back and finally wipes out a few of these shitbird refs...lmao

HAHAHAHAHA! I love Sheed! LOL!!! But I'm always a fan of the bad guy! LOL!!! But to bring in Sheed, I don't know. Another old guy. How are they going to deal with Orlando, then anybody they may face in the east with fresh young big men. I don't know. But I still think the Celtics (and it pains me to say this), are the best team in the East.

I'm a huge Bron fan. I didn't like the way he made a spectacle of himself when he left Cleveland, but he did what he had to do. I'm a fan because of the tremendous amount of physical ability the man has. I've seen and played against some monster athletes but damn I've never seen a human with more physical gifts are James.

HAHAHAHAHA! I love Sheed! LOL!!! But I'm always a fan of the bad guy! LOL!!! But to bring in Sheed, I don't know. Another old guy. How are they going to deal with Orlando, then anybody they may face in the east with fresh young big men. I don't know. But I still think the Celtics (and it pains me to say this), are the best team in the East.

I'm a huge Bron fan. I didn't like the way he made a spectacle of himself when he left Cleveland, but he did what he had to do. I'm a fan because of the tremendous amount of physical ability the man has. I've seen and played against some monster athletes but damn I've never seen a human with more physical gifts are James.
    he's a great player yes but i just dont see the super physical hype he creates..ok..he carries a lil more muscle than the normal nba player as does howard....unfortunately for howard when ppl bounce off him it seems as if the whistle gets blowed more often(ok i'm in orlando but lebron is not any better than any of the greats before or current...michael and kobe are two for sure maybe even his current teammate wade seems more talented...i'll think of some more soon
    but i'm the fan of the bad guy as well...barry bonds, reggie jackson, now manny ramirez(go rays)...clemens, maguire

guess we'll see how lebrons golf game is when he retires i'm guessing more like charles than mike's

Rumor here in oston is another reason for the trade was for Ainge to free up some money because there is a free agent hitting the market next year that he wants. A player by the name of Dwight Howard.
    Don't know if he can make it happen or not but damn the prospect of that happening is inticing.

Rumor here in oston is another reason for the trade was for Ainge to free up some money because there is a free agent hitting the market next year that he wants. A player by the name of Dwight Howard.
    Don't know if he can make it happen or not but damn the prospect of that happening is inticing.
    Yeah, expect a circus when Dwight hits the free agent market. He already stated he wants out of Orlando. Jerry Bunch (lakers owner) is salivating waiting for Howard to hit the market.

I have heard Howard say he wants to go to LA. Maybe Ainge can throw enough cash at him to change his mind.

They would have to trade some pretty important pieces to land him. Remember the basketball CBA is up this year, just like the NFL. I guarantee you'll see a salary cap and other money limiting proposals. Otherwise contraction for several teams will take place...bye bye Memphis, Sacramento, etc.

I have heard Sacramento was on the chopping block. Maybe St. Louis can finally get an NBA team, or even Kansas City. Although KC may end up being a disaster for the NBA. I think St. Louis just makes too much sense. All the facilities are newer and St. Louis supports thier teams. IMO it is a no brainer.

I'm hopin of no such kryptonite for Orlando he keeps getting better and better if i were the owner i would spend every penny needed to secure

Troy Murphy signed by the Celtics. Boo yah!!!

Bibby to the heat...

Bibby to the heat...
    That's what Miami needs. Another ball hog...lol

That's what Miami needs. Another ball hog...lol
    roflmao

good stuff tiger...good game tonight...magic and ny

Bibby isn't a scorer. He's a distrubutor. Plus I think Bron, Wade, and Bosh, have proven that there isn't a ball hog in Miami. Check out the stats. No one player is dominating in scoring. What Miami needed was a better point guard and one who plays defense, Bibby gives them that.

C'mon fellas (I'm not a fan of any one particular basketball team, I'm more of a fan of players), don't be haters. I know its hard but you have to look at these things objectively, minus emotion. Like I said, I know it's hard (I'm the same way with football), but seriously don't automatically hate on these players because of your perception of their personalities, look at the on-court stuff.

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    Bibby is still a solid player, he will get a ton of open jumpers with the Heat. And he is a big upgrade over Chalmers

A fvcking scammer messed upour thread. Bastard.

Seems like there all over the board tonite.

Seems like there all over the board tonite.
    They sure are.

Thread Information