JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member

Superbowl-Post Season Predictions/Discussion

I started one of these in the post-season time for the NBA and it was quite entertaining. We had play by plays almost in the thread lol. (Me and jp had to fight off Miami bandwaggoners with a stick )

Lets hear what you got peeps.

Long story short, I like Brady and the Pats in the AFC and 49ers in the NFC, although the Packers are playing some of the best football they have all season and there starting to come in form at the perfect time.

Of course Dallas will be in the playoffs, no questions .

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    lmao

hell yeh

we r on the same side again and hope u r a greenbay hater as well

yes...whats our chances for getting gronk back for a playoff game to seal the deal...welker needs a little more help but brady wants this bad

i think the ravens need a bounce back win from that disappointing 4th quarter squandering or theyre out of my top 6 as well as their division foes pittsburgh...both have to start shaping

teams i'd like in order(that i think will make it):

patriots
    niners

colts(havent seen them play all year)(and looking forward to their game this sunday as well as 8 other great matchups)
    ravens
    steelers
    broncos

teams that i would least like to win it all

packers
    packers
    packers
    greenbay
    giants
    skins

The colts are all over the place. They havn't exactly found there run game or workhorse and majority of there wins all depends on Luck. I like what Luck has done for this team and I'm glad they're coming back off of last season. It's great to see them get into the playoffs but I don't see them going to deep into them.

The ravens are a bit of a mess, I don't know why they fired there offensive coordinator this deep into the season. I think they should fire Flacco lol. I don't understand why you would restrict somebody like Ray Rice to under 20 touches a game which they've done in there last few games. He's easily the most versatile back in the NFL, he run hard, block well, and great at catching dumb off passes. Look what he did on a 4th and 22 I think against the Chargers the other week haha.

Broncos will be hard to beat, I think them and the Pats will be the AFC championship.

Steelers are banged up, but whats new, those guys are injury prone every season lol. Will see how Big Ben holds up here at the end. Good to see Polamolu back but I don't know how many seasons he has left in him.

AFC - Pats/Broncs
    NFC - Packs/9ers

I don't like the Packers but I don't hate them either, I just have no interest in them. They seem to be the type of team though that when they get on a roll they don't stop. They remind me of the Pats a lot.

nice commentary

so u see the texans as a pretty heavy favorite this sunday? would a sound win change your opinion of the colts? or would u chalk it up to a lil luck? pun intended

if the ravens beat the broncos......

I'll give you my picks for the big matchups this week, you can take these to vegas or impress your friends with these .

Broncos - Ravens

I think Ravens are going to have a bounce back game and play solid but not good enough to beat the Broncos. Ravens are on a bit of a downward slope loosing 2 straight and firing there offensive coordinator. Torrey Smith hasn't been making big plays as of late and Ray Rice has been loosing some of the workload for whatever reason. Even if the Ravens have a good day they won't muster up enough to take down the Broncos who are playing phenominal football right now. Hungry to clinch home field advantage and havn't lost since week 7? Not going to happen Ravens, I like Broncos here.

Packers - Bears

Not sure if Jay Cutler is playing or not but from the last reports I read he should be a go. Either way, I don't like Jay Cutler or think he can lead the Bears to put up as much points as the Packers are going to make him put up. Matt Forte seems like he has fallin off the face of the planet with mediocre numbers and not nearly the same production he had in the beggining of the season. Brandon Marshall hasn't been playing the best football either as of late probably because defenses are starting to put extra attention on him, and when he is blanketted where do you go? There defensive rock and captain I believe is not going to play and if I remember carefully Urlacher could be done for the season. Greenbay is just to hot right now and they're going to put up big points unless the Bears can get there defense going again. I like Greenbay here but if the Bears want a shot to win they're going to need to put up the D they were putting up in the beginning of the season and keep Rodgers on the sidelines.

Colts - Texans

I have a hard time on this one. The Texans are another team that has been slipping as of lately but after there embarrassment against NE last Monday night I think they're going to be looking for a huge bounce back. The Colts are going to have to air it out if they want a solid shot at taking down Houston, which meens Luck is going to have to play a solid game. If Luck isn't feeling it or plays anything short of spectacular I don't see the Colts winning this one. If JJ Watt can get something going early to put pressure on Luck it's a wrap. Houston can jump on offense and let Foster run all over that Indy D. I like the Texans here.

Falcons - Giants

I think the Giants have been playing great football lately and it will carry on into this matchup. I can see this being a good ol fashion gunslinger, probably a combination of points going 40+. Falcons haven't been to hot lately and there struggling to develop a run game as well. If you look at it, majority of there victorys were 4th quarter comebacks with Ryan just hucking it all over the field to Jones, White, and Gonzo. Falcons are going to need to put up some D to slow this game down. Even with Bradshaw most likely out for NY there rookie Wilson showed some promising hope last week. Giants are firing on all cylinders and playing Giant football that we've all seen in the Superbowl. I like NY here.

Dallas - Pittsburgh

Dallas came off a good win against a solid Bengals team last week on the road. They managed the clock great and held Romo under control from throwing the game away. I like how Murray has come back and become a huge threat so quickly again, good to see him healthy. Not so good loosing D.Ware and Claieborne on the defensive side. Hopefully they are good to go by the team Pittsburgh comes into town. Claieborne most likely will not play. I don't know what happend to Pittsburgh against SD but that was ugly. The offense was immensely improved with Big Ben back and all his WRs production sky rocket from his return. Wallace putting up 100+ yards and 2 TDs and Brown had a TD as well. Yea they were down by a ton and hucking it around but I still like Big Ben returning. It's always hard for me to look at the Steelers because they are always so banged up and I can't rememer the last time I've seen them with a full healthy squad. Dallas is hungry and Pitt is beat up, this one was tough for me but I don't think Pitt is going to muster enough to bring down Dallas at home. Romo's numbers are insane at home this season, I believe throwing for multiple TDs and 300+ yards every game at home this season. I like Dallas here....

49ers - Pats

The big game of the week, most might say a preview of the SB? Who knows? Pats are coming off a destruction of Houston last week and they are trucking along a 7 game winstreak. It's going to fun to see how they do against the top defense in the NFL though. I think the Pats did an outstanding job cutting JJ Watt out of the picture, lets just see if they can do the same with the Smith brothers...Kappernick is not going to lead the 49ers into scoring more points then the Pats, this entire game rests on the shoulders of the 9ers D. Keep Brady off the field. This will be a great game and the hardest to determine but I like the Pats here.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    nice commentary

so u see the texans as a pretty heavy favorite this sunday? would a sound win change your opinion of the colts? or would u chalk it up to a lil luck? pun intended

if the ravens beat the broncos......
    It would, I'll use this game to gauge how both teams will do in the playoffs. If Houston looses then something is going on out there and things will only get worse. I think a lot of the Colts wins were by the hair on there chin and they've had a pretty easy schedule. I just don't see them beating Houston unless Houston just completely shits the bed. Luck is not going to get a quick lead like Brady did making it 21 - 0 in the first quarter and making Houston play catch-up the rest of the game. You can't put Schaub in a hole and expect him to dig you out, he's not the kind of QB.

i see and yes ...i too will be watching more as the weeks progress...i see u know a lot more about the colts than i...i guess anybody that watched one game or one play actually...i stayed at home for all games til last week when i got to the bar to see them all so i was stuck watching whatever my cable was showing

i actually think flacco is a good qb but youre right ray rice is a powerhouse..thats why they are so good when all cylinders are clicking then u add that defense so what they have suggs on the bench as well as ray ray?

i see and yes ...i too will be watching more as the weeks progress...i see u know a lot more about the colts than i...i guess anybody that watched one game or one play actually...i stayed at home for all games til last week when i got to the bar to see them all so i was stuck watching whatever my cable was showing

i actually think flacco is a good qb but youre right ray rice is a powerhouse..thats why they are so good when all cylinders are clicking then u add that defense so what they have suggs on the bench as well as ray ray?
    Oh shit I forgot R. Lewis is returning this week, that's gonna give them a huge boost.

I think Flacco's a turd...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    I think Flacco's a turd...
    i see...interesting..

he's never given me that impression

i went straight from hating drew the finger licker brees to aaron i am the greatest rodgers

i see...interesting..

he's never given me that impression

i went straight from hating drew the finger licker brees to aaron i am the greatest rodgers
    You were hatin on Bree's nyquil commercials?

I bet when nobodys looking you do the discount double check move...

lmao

ohhhhhhhh sheeeeeeeeet....its startin..

damn u got me...and all whilst dancin gangnam

lmao

ohhhhhhhh sheeeeeeeeet....its startin..

damn u got me...and all whilst dancin gangnam
    What has fueled your hate for Rodgers? You think he thinks his shit don't stink?

was starting to hate hearing his name for one...seems like u can put a decent thrower behind a good team and they become the best qb ever...THEN, AS U GUESSED...the FVCKING discount double check shiat.....i wanted to bring LT out of retirement....i loved those shots he took last week..i couldnt believe he didnt get the calls but i was LOVIN IT

I didnt see your ray lewis post til just now...yes...he will fire that defense up a lil more...wut a game...i pick em to win

Will see, I gotta watch this garbage Bengals/Eagles game cause I got Hawkins on my fantasy team. Made the post-season in both my leagues .

i missed the whole game...lemme shek out nfl.com

i was texting a friend and saw that philly made it a game and it was 10-7 last i heard

oops no more game

Philly had like 3 turnovers all back to back lol. Quite the dreamteam huh?

couldnt happen to a nicer bunch well i can think of another green uniformed team

just remembered...guess we will learn a lot or we can consider sunday nights game an early superbowl

it has to be THE biggest game of the year

canesfan804 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnnyBlazzze View Post
    Of course Dallas will be in the playoffs, no questions .

LMAO!!!! Must be a Cowboys fan! Cant say too much I am a Dolphins fan sooooo.... we suck. That said Green Bay and N.E. are the teams to beat IMO. I will never count out Giant tho. Im thinking GB all the way tho.

Yea I don't see anybody beating GB in the NFC right now.

really, not the foe-tee niners

geez deee troit almost beat them girls

colts beat em

come on man

Those were earlier in the season. Detroits a good football team, I like Stafford.

Its hard for me to put the 9ers that far, They don't have a whole lot of offense and there defense keeps them in all there games. Just not a team that I think can win a superbowl.

rodgers barely made it out of that detroit game alive and detroit isnt even playoff caliber....wait til the niners play them..hopefully the bears will maul his ass first...stafford looked good in the first half then fell in love with throwing side arm and starting launching lolipops up for grabs like calvin is some fvcking magician or something...wtf was that....i was really impressed in the first half until i saw that crap

I never saw that game. I'm always amazed by the catches Calvin Johnson grabs, some are just unbelievable. Plus it helps that he's about 3x the size of all the DBs that go against him lol.

yup he's a good player...helps stafford out...like i said...real impressed in the first half but takes 4 quarters to be a winner

giants beat erin rodgers and the girls by 4 YES FOUR TOUCHDOWNS

good ole fashioned asssssss whoooooooooooopin

We shall see, that Eagles game was a waste of time lol

Thread Information