quadsofsteel is offline Junior Member

concern for my left knee

i just recently raised my cardio to 5 days a week to start cutting. the weakness and sudden jolts of pain in my left knee started just yesterday after i got off the elliptical. there wont be any pain or discomfort wen sitting or sudden movements to standing but rather just wen standing idle or walking. generally, it hurts on the right and left sides of the knee when the pain occurs and there is some muscle twitching behind my knee which radiates down my calve and into my foot (twitching and tingling, not pain). Perhaps it is just nerves? I havent had any surgery or injuries to the knee and their is no inflamation. however sometimes the knee pops when i move from sitting position to standing.

Perhaps this is just from overuse or does anybody have any better answers? I have noticed that my knees arent uncomfortable during the whole squat movment either and just today i bought 2 good knee braces which relieves the pressure off my knee. I'm supposed to be doing legs tomorrow and ill be squating with the brace on. should I wait it out or am i just being overly concerned with something which is really common and not much a problem?

luxifer93 is offline Senior Member
    I've tweaked my knee like that before with squats. I switched it up, did hack squats and smith machine squats for a while to take some pressure off. Riding the stationary bike helped it too.

Thread Information