DATY Fanatic is offline Junior Member

Glucosamine Consensus Needed Plz

I’ve read several threads about Glucosamine Sulfate, but I haven’t noticed a consensus for the best brand to buy. It seems like everybody makes this stuff and there are various combinations with prices ranging from $6.99 to $70 big ones. Apparently 1500mg is the recommended daily dosage. So here’s the question. Who really loves the brand they are taking? What brand is it? Is the combo of Glucosamine and Chondroitin the most favored? I know I need it, but what exactly should I get?

Thanks!

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    What ever you go for make sure it is marine based.....alot of the cheap ones have alot of cheap animal shit in them......mad cow disease!!

Hey Firmbottoms, I noticed one of your posts in another thread...you seem to have this Glucosamine issue pretty well under control. What brand do you use?

Firmbottoms is offline Junior Member
    As I said Gucosamine Sulphate is not present in any significant amount in most diets. It is obtained from shellfish; I will only buy superior formulation uses only the finest pharmaceutical grade Glucosamine Sulphate to mirror the body's own naturally occurring Glucosamine Sulphate. This formulation must also uses pure Chondroitin Sulphate sourced exclusively from fish. Most CHEAP use Chondroitin sulphate sourced from cartilage of cattle. I do not believe that Bovine Chondroitin can be guaranteed to be equally safe.

Glucosamine sulphate is a major building block of the complex proteins called 'glycosaminoglyans' which in turn form part of the structure of the cartilage. In its natural form, it exists in all your joint and muscles, playing a vital role in the everyday mobility and smooth working of your cartilage, tendons and ligaments.

With respect to your question about Chondroitin sulphate...this is a substance found naturally in the body's cartilage 'matrix'. It is also know as nature's 'shock absorber'. Chondroitin is a very expensive ingredient .

So in answer to your question,forget brands, look what you are buying and what is in the tabs.....and remember just because it costs more doesnt mean it is the best......as long as you have the above in it generic brands are fine......I dont like rec. brands as it is free advertising for them and they make enough money as it is.......
    Last edited by Firmbottoms; 07-08-2002 at 04:57 AM.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well I personally used Osteo- Flex. You can find it in any Wal Mart Store and it has done wonders for my shoulders. A word of caution though. Do not bother with the gell caps. They only stick together and become a pain to work with. I use the caplets extra strenght kind. Cost is about $16.50 a bottle plus tax.
    IC

Thanks guys! Anyone else?

Thread Information