Thread: Cissus Dosage

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member

Cissus Dosage

I just ordered some Cissus - I have knee pains in my left leg, due to a fractured femur from 6 years ago (healed by cast - not surgery).

Anyway, I still do heavy unbelted/unwrapped squats, and I find that lately I have been feeling more and more gradual pain, some days where I'm tempted to stop squatting.

I have been taking glucosamine & chondrotin for 6 weeks (G-500mg & Chon 400mg), then I took one week off - to see if it had any effects - and I noticed that the week off is when I experienced more pain. So, since I still had some pain with the glucosamine - I figured I needed some stronger stuff and I came across cissus on this forum.

I just don't know whether to follow the instructions on a loading phase or to just follow a set regimen.

Anybody? Thanks.

Bigdog99 is offline Member

SuperCissus

I have been taking Super Cissus by USP (I've heard USP is the best) for about 6 months. I followed the directions on the bottle. I've been power lifting on and off (more on than off) for over 25 years. I had left knee (blew it out playing college football) and shoulder problems (benching, general abuse) when going heavy. After adding Super Cissus and a proper streching routine B4 lifting....I found the my shoulder issues went away and knee improved but still have pain/stiffness after workout...but not as bad. I would def recommend investing in a good pair of knee wraps....they help. Inzer or Titian make good quality wraps and I use when squating and doing heavy leg presses. You will notice a big difference and will be able to put up more weight with the wraps. Obvioulsy if you are still feeling pain....keep it light until you get back on track. Knee issues are the worst and very frustrating to deal with.

SuperCissus

I have been taking Super Cissus by USP (I've heard USP is the best) for about 6 months. I followed the directions on the bottle. I've been power lifting on and off (more on than off) for over 25 years. I had left knee (blew it out playing college football) and shoulder problems (benching, general abuse) when going heavy. After adding Super Cissus and a proper streching routine B4 lifting....I found the my shoulder issues went away and knee improved but still have pain/stiffness after workout...but not as bad. I would def recommend investing in a good pair of knee wraps....they help. Inzer or Titian make good quality wraps and I use when squating and doing heavy leg presses. You will notice a big difference and will be able to put up more weight with the wraps. Obvioulsy if you are still feeling pain....keep it light until you get back on track. Knee issues are the worst and very frustrating to deal with.

sorry about the double post not sure what happened there.....

DavidII is offline New Member
    *bump*

I just received 200 grams of cissus in bulk form. Would it be ok to mix this with my pre workout drink? What about my post workout shake? Trying to find out the optimum time to take it. I'm not going to bother with capping it, so if just putting it in my mouth then chasing it with water is the best delivery, I can do that. I'm really hoping that is not the case though. lol.

Thanks for any input.

powerws is offline Associate Member
    I purchased some today and I must say after first dose, I felt different. It works and I can't wait to get the levels elevated. This was original advice from Hawaiian Pride. Thanks!

maxdose is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidII View Post
    *bump*

I just received 200 grams of cissus in bulk form. Would it be ok to mix this with my pre workout drink? What about my post workout shake? Trying to find out the optimum time to take it. I'm not going to bother with capping it, so if just putting it in my mouth then chasing it with water is the best delivery, I can do that. I'm really hoping that is not the case though. lol.

Thanks for any input.
    I dunno what flavor your drink is but cissus tastes like raw dried lawn clippings.
    Love the stuff but wow it tasted like ass.

DavidII is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxdose View Post
    I dunno what flavor your drink is but cissus tastes like raw dried lawn clippings.
    Love the stuff but wow it tasted like ass.
    Ha...I ended up having to buy a capping machine because of the taste. Stuff works good though. I have chronic pain in both shoulders, and cissus has worked wonders. Been on for about two months now.

Thread Information