Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CrazyHorse13 is offline Associate Member

Protein.....Survery of Which Taste the best and Best For You

Just wondering what you guys all think.....I am about to buy some new protein and looking to change up...

I am a big fan of Optimum Nut..

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Optimum Nutrition seems to be the way to go for a good balance between taste and quality of content.

Frank1 is offline New Member
    Yup. Agree with Nooomoto. Optimum has always given me good results. Extreme Milk Chocolate 100% whey is really good...add a couple tbs of peanut butter in blender and wow!!!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse13 View Post

I am a big fan of Optimum Nut..
    LMAO...nut, huh?

Kibble is offline Anabolic Member
    Myofusion with near-freezing water tastes exactly like a Wendy's Frosty

T_Dubp is offline Junior Member
    I'm going to have to go with ON as well; gotta love that 10 lb bag

Supersets is offline New Member
    Now brand Whey Protien Isolate and none of the sugar and all B.S. crap in it.. Also Nutra bio.com whey protien Isolate also a very good product..

POPS is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Optimum Nutrition seems to be the way to go for a good balance between taste and quality of content.
    they get my vote!!

cant go wrong here....

big l is offline Junior Member
    I just bought a big bottle of optimum nutrition nitro core 24 at GNC for 10 bucks on the clearance rack. I think it was on there because it tastes like garbage. I'm used to it though and it seems to be quality other than the taste.

I was just on their site and saw something called oats and whey. Has anyone tried that stuff? It looks like a good way to get some quality fiber in with your protein.

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    I use optimum nutrition, chocolate flavor. Always used it since i was a teen, always will unless they discontinue it.lol. then i would stop lifting.jk

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love the ON casein in the vanilla flavor. Great products.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    im supping iso nutrition 2....thought it tasted okay, but i realised yesterday it tastes of shit..

matt77 is offline Member
    ON is good to me but I also like Dymatize 12 hour proteins taste and texture. The fudge brownie tastes just like brownie batter. The Dymatize whey Isolate is good too and mixes very well but does have a thin texture.

Disclaimer: There is no such thing as 12 hr digesting protein

So what I am hearing is that OP is the best protein....

Bump

NC600cbr is offline Associate Member
    I use ON as well. Usually one of the chocolate flavors but I just picked up a tub of cookies n cream. Tastes fantastic.

...aydn... is offline Associate Member
    only noobs go on about what protien they have.. i have supplemented my protien shakes for kangeroo sausages. 2 and half suasages has-

35gms protien
    1gms fat
    6gms complex carbs.

i serve of kanga sausage cost me $1

i will never pay for overpriced sh*t protien... if your smart you will find a better alternative.

YoungGunsNY is offline Associate Member
    wheybolic protein shake 60 grams of protein & tastes like a yoo-hoo w/water

This is what a Jag looks like......

I am pretty sure he did not have to say this.....show maturity and move on

Quote Originally Posted by ...aydn... View Post
    only noobs go on about what protien they have.. i have supplemented my protien shakes for kangeroo sausages. 2 and half suasages has-

35gms protien
    1gms fat
    6gms complex carbs.

i will never pay for overpriced sh*t protien... if your smart you will find a better alternative.

MurphDawgg485 is offline Junior Member
    lol.

Valac is offline Member
    Muscle Millk Casein Cookies & Cream mixed with milk, best drink ever!

Quote Originally Posted by ...aydn... View Post

35gms protien
    1gms fat
    6gms complex carbs.

Ok got it. Once you become an experienced athlete like yourself you move past protein. Protein is only for Novices because it is a waste. Also, there are "kangaroo sausages" sold all over the place in other countries. They have them at my McDonalds in South Carolina and my Taco Bell in Florida.

Glad to see that the vets like yourself are immune to the shiity protein supplement

rrer0404 is offline New Member
    Monster Milk! All I've tried so far is peanut butter chocolate and its good. I take only one scoop instead of two, still 25g of protein and less fat, calories, etc than Muscle Muscle Milk light. Just ordered mocha latte and cake batter! I mix with non fat or light yogurt for a creamy taste and sometimes mix with ice in a blender. Even throw some fruit and Wheaties Fuel in there. YUM YUM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuntry1984 View Post
    Ok got it. Once you become an experienced athlete like yourself you move past protein. Protein is only for Novices because it is a waste. Also, there are "kangaroo sausages" sold all over the place in other countries. They have them at my McDonalds in South Carolina and my Taco Bell in Florida.

Glad to see that the vets like yourself are immune to the shiity protein supplement
    why act like an ass? im sorry that i rather eat real meat and not pay 4x the price for some shit protien shake made by some multimillion dollar company, thats plain and simple ripping people off.
    i dont give a fvck what you think about me eating kangeroo but i was just stating how high the nutritional value is in them, and how affordable it is for me.

pretty sure this thread was about what protien works best for you and i am actually contributing to this thread by stating a better alternative for protien shakes and maybe that post could have given someone some idea's about alternatives that they could maybe open there eyes to, but obviously people on here are to closed minded to think like that.

so go ahead and post ur shit threads trying to rip on people and outwit one another, your only contributing to making the site a shitter place. it is about learning from one another and contributing usefull information.

heres some stats say you get your have 2 protien shakes a day-

say per serve your protien shakes cost you $2 thats $1460 a year

say per serve of real meat protien cost you $1 (which is what i pay) $730 a year (plus you get essiential minerals like iron etc)

pretty sure i know which one is best and if you argue that protien shakes are better then real food your either a uneducated noob who thinks they know everything about nutrition, or your a skinny little wheener b*tch that wonders why they ar'nt growing.

have fun with your ripping losers, im off to find some posts where some people actually made some good contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse13 View Post
    This is what a Jag looks like......

I am pretty sure he did not have to say this.....show maturity and move on
    show some maturity????? can you please explain what is imature about my post?????

I never said protein powder was better than whole food protein.

You claimed that if we were smart we sould stop buying protein.

Basiclly that only "newbs" buy protein. I hate that fvcking word "newb" by the way

You knocked the best-selling supplement in the world. Show me a successul bodybuilder who does not occasionally supplement with protein.

Next time you want to call us un-educated for buying protein powder, take a step back and refrain

RyanM923 is offline New Member
    Hold on, I'm gonna grab some popcorn real quick...

lol no popcorn necesary. I have no hard feelings towards ...aydn...

I just found it quite odd that he would claim protein powder to be an unwise decision. If somebody is using protein for 1/2 of their daily intake, then there are problems. But there is nothing wrong with having a shake post workout and before bed.

scorpion62 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Gold standard whey french vanilla creme or strawberry and micellar casein for my night protein

I never said protein powder was better than whole food protein.

You claimed that if we were smart we sould stop buying protein.

Basiclly that only "newbs" buy protein. I hate that fvcking word "newb" by the way

You knocked the best-selling supplement in the world. Show me a successul bodybuilder who does not occasionally supplement with protein.

Next time you want to call us un-educated for buying protein powder, take a step back and refrain

actually i claimed that if your smart you will find a better alternative. you will actually still be buying protien it will just be from a different source ie= meat.

yes i did "knock" the best selling "supplement" in the world. You know why it is the best selling supplement in the world, because "everybody's doin it" so why not be a sheep and follow yourself right into one of the biggest scams out there. and it is usually amatures that go on about how good there protien works and what different types.
    i dont see any big guys at my gym talking about if they take iso post workout and casien before bed, and how great tasting it is.

dont get me wrong i think high protien is essential but im stating better ways that are more affordable and also with a higher nutritional value.
    so why should i refrain from saying anything i have said??

and i never said your "un educated for buying protien" i said if you think protien powder is better then real food, your un educated.....

get the facts straight before you go talking trash

not here to argue dude im here to contribute

crazypat123 is offline Associate Member
    intrapro whey protein made by gaspari nutrition, it tastes like a melted chocolate bar

Myofusion with near-freezing water tastes exactly like a Wendy's Frosty
    agreed just finished my 4th 5or so lb tub and fina buy more, myofusion has a great mixture of all the proteins, ima stick with it

motomoto is offline New Member
    Syntha-6 is my favorite- tons of benifits-i buy it in the premade ready to drink- its not cheap but hella convienant

BIG KAY is offline New Member
    isomass extreme gainer - super cheap, tons of calories, protein, and carbs. it all ends up in the same place so im not too concerned about how it tastes going down haha.

tylerrrman is offline Junior Member
    Dude's right.
    I'm not trying to bump an old arguement but if more then half of your protein is coming from shakes and not gaining jack from your fked up stomach, that's because you're not supposed to be taking in huge amounts of whey like that.

1 Shake mid-day is ok, but why use casein powder when you can get some cottage cheese fat free from the store and down a couple spoonfulls instead? That's like saying all processed food is better for you because it's a highly concentrated form of the original food. America is fat because of this method of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerrrman View Post
    Dude's right.
    I'm not trying to bump an old arguement but if more then half of your protein is coming from shakes and not gaining jack from your fked up stomach, that's because you're not supposed to be taking in huge amounts of whey like that.

1 Shake mid-day is ok, but why use casein powder when you can get some cottage cheese fat free from the store and down a couple spoonfulls instead? That's like saying all processed food is better for you because it's a highly concentrated form of the original food. America is fat because of this method of thinking.
    Bro there was no arguement.... only a disagreement.

Nobody here said that half of their daily intake of protein is from powder. So your post is irrelevant and misguiding. OP simply wanted to know what the best tasting protein is. That is all. The best tasting protein

Quote Originally Posted by crazypat123 View Post
    intrapro whey protein made by gaspari nutrition, it tastes like a melted chocolate bar
    That sounded really good

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Kangaroo sausage? Huh...all we can get are donkey dicks around here. Guess I'll have to stick with a protein powered or start offending the farm animals. The other alternatives are steaks and chicken, but considering the convenience of a good protein powered, it's a relevant topic. Not to mention, the powders are all substantially cheaper around here than carving up a cow every time I need some protein. That said -- I've had some absolute dog crap for protein powder over the years and the opinions about what current products taste and work the best is certainly relevant.
    Last edited by Epic Ed; 03-03-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Failure is offline Associate Member
    My protein source can beat up your protein source.

RyanAlmighty is offline Junior Member
    1. ON Whey Gold (FTW!)
    2. ON Casein Chocolate Supreme
    3. Monster Milk Cake Batter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information