Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Times Roman

Thread: Best Supplements Opinions

thegame1431 is offline Junior Member

Best Supplements Opinions

so what supplements does everyone recommend. I am specifically asking about protein supplements and where to get them, and also supplements for adding muscle and burning fat. I would like to do a legal recomp cycle and want to know what are the best supplements to take to add muscle while burning fat as well.

Thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Good question.

You are asking the same question all of us have asked at one point in time or another.

I've been doing this along time mate. At one point in time, pretty much had taken all the supplements. And seen few net benefits. There are some that provide benefits, but also pose questionable sides, which I avoid.

Overall, I would have to say keep it simple.

Supplements are a poor substitute for having a nutritious diet consisting of whole, unprocessed foods and avoiding chemicals of questionable repute. The very best possible thing you can do is to understand your TDEE, and if you want to gain, then consistently eating significantly above that amount. Make sure you are eating substantial protein, but no more than 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass per day. Even 1.25 is probably sufficient for most.

If you are eating enough protein, then no need for additional.

"Best" supplement out there, depending on how you define supplement, is creatine mono. 5 grams a day forever. Very safe, like eating red meat.

Burning fat can be accomplished by either being in a caloric deficit, or regular cardio, every other day, min 45 minutes, between 50 and 80% of your max heart rate.

The supplement industry is a billion dollar industry, and preys mostly on newbs that don't know too much. You can go through this process of parting with your money due to inexperience (I did) or you can learn to eat correctly and avoid the "need" for supplementing.

And if you want a preworkout stimulant, nothing beats a cup or two of strong black coffee.

Learn to keep it simple

Good luck!

---Roman
    DCI, Kozmo, HGH4Lymes and 1 others like this.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    yours was a broad and general question. if you want to get into the nitty details of nutritional planning and daily meal planning, we can go there too

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Agred with tr the only thing I'd add in there is certain protein powders are ok I generally have a shaker in my bag as a just incase snack if I'm stuck. Other than that what tr said is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by thegame1431 View Post
    so what supplements does everyone recommend. I am specifically asking about protein supplements and where to get them, and also supplements for adding muscle and burning fat. I would like to do a legal recomp cycle and want to know what are the best supplements to take to add muscle while burning fat as well.

Thanks
    Creatine, protein powder if you prefer to substitute SOME, not all, of your food, and fish oil. These are staple supplements that are guaranteed to help. You can also try a pre-workout, and I strongly believe that bio-gro by isatori is effective. Worth a shot if your willing to spend the money. Otherwise, supps are to help, and are not the end all be all.

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    Fish oil

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AllKindsOGains View Post
    Creatine, protein powder if you prefer to substitute SOME, not all, of your food, and fish oil. These are staple supplements that are guaranteed to help. You can also try a pre-workout, and I strongly believe that bio-gro by isatori is effective. Worth a shot if your willing to spend the money. Otherwise, supps are to help, and are not the end all be all.
    Bio gro literally can't do anything, look at the ingredients and look up the oral effectiveness of each.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Bio gro literally can't do anything, look at the ingredients and look up the oral effectiveness of each.
    Gotta disagree with you bro. Been taking it for almost half a year. Considerable increase in pumps and I believe it has helped me recover from a significant intercostal tear. Strength, size, etc, have all gone up. It's not steroids , but it helps.

Blog Entries
    Bio gro literally can't do anything,
    Fact

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Supps are mainly a waste of money. Nothing is going to give you amazing results and transform your physique. Obviously a protein powder isn't actually a performed enhancing supp, it's food IMO. If you need the convienance go for it. I only trust optimum and BB.COM casein with all this under dosing goin on. I use a preworkout, but only becsuse coffee kills my stomach and redbull is to expensive. I also use bcaa intra, but mainly cause I like the zero cal flavored water, and it certainly couldn't hurt. I have a strong feeling if I had to discontinue all Supps , nothin would change

Gotta disagree with you bro. Been taking it for almost half a year. Considerable increase in pumps and I believe it has helped me recover from a significant intercostal tear. Strength, size, etc, have all gone up. It's not steroids, but it helps.
    Like I said look up the ingredients and their individual oral effectiveness.

It's not the biogro, because it's quite literally impossible for it to have any real effect.

Stop attributing your hard work and progress to bogus supplements.

Gaspaco is offline "The Italian Stallion"
    Fish oil
    Msm
    B12 injectable
    Zinc
    Magnesium
    vitamin D, E and C
    Creatine

My stack ^^^

Like I said look up the ingredients and their individual oral effectiveness.

It's not the biogro, because it's quite literally impossible for it to have any real effect.

Stop attributing your hard work and progress to bogus supplements.
    I'm not attributing shitt. I said it helps, not that it worked miracles. Why was it banned from the Olympics? I am not the only one who has seen positive results.

Khazima, I respect your opinion, but that's bulshit saying I'm attributing my gains to a bottle. Agree to disagree, and I hope that no mutual respect was lost. Thanks for your help.

I'm not attributing shitt. I said it helps, not that it worked miracles. Why was it banned from the Olympics? I am not the only one who has seen positive results.

Khazima, I respect your opinion, but that's bulshit saying I'm attributing my gains to a bottle. Agree to disagree, and I hope that no mutual respect was lost. Thanks for your help.
    I'm not saying you're attributing all your gains to it. But i am saying that it's literally impossible for it to do anything, and i actually mean literally impossible. It actually CAN NOT do anything there is no possible way for it to do anything, any reports of effectiveness are placebo because it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for it to work. Looks up the ingredients, it literally can't do anything in any way shape or form.

and yes i tried it for myself before i learnt to research properly besides reading reviews and hype.

Why was it banned from the Olympics?
    Because the main ingredient is colostrum which is banned in the olympics since it contains miniscule amounts of IGF-1 which is not orally bio-available.

I'm not saying you're attributing all your gains to it. But i am saying that it's literally impossible for it to do anything, and i actually mean literally impossible. It actually CAN NOT do anything there is no possible way for it to do anything, any reports of effectiveness are placebo because it is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE for it to work. Looks up the ingredients, it literally can't do anything in any way shape or form.

and yes i tried it for myself before i learnt to research properly besides reading reviews and hype.
    Alright man I appreciate your input. Keep up the good work.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegame1431 View Post

Thanks
    Protein powders I like Whey Isolate VERY well.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Protien powder (I like optimum nutrition, or Arnold Schwarzenegger series). Creatine monohydrate (optimum nutrition) and muscle pharm's Amino 1 and BCAA 3:1:2

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Biotest plazma is pretty good for pre- or inter-workout, but a little pricey.

alexgee is offline New Member
    Honestly the only supplements I feel are really beneficial for the $ are protein powder of course, creatine, and multi vitamins

fightnews is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Biotest plazma is pretty good for pre- or inter-workout, but a little pricey.
    Bioturd is more then a little pricey but ya it is effective, better off buying the ingredients in bulk from true nutrition

rahulsingh265 is offline Junior Member
    My stack: L arginine,creatine monohydrate,bcaa and whey protein....

Impreza is offline Junior Member
    Iso whey bcaa creatine glutamine multi vitamin fish oil

jbonza666 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman
    Good question. You are asking the same question all of us have asked at one point in time or another. I've been doing this along time mate. At one point in time, pretty much had taken all the supplements. And seen few net benefits. There are some that provide benefits, but also pose questionable sides, which I avoid. Overall, I would have to say keep it simple. Supplements are a poor substitute for having a nutritious diet consisting of whole, unprocessed foods and avoiding chemicals of questionable repute. The very best possible thing you can do is to understand your TDEE, and if you want to gain, then consistently eating significantly above that amount. Make sure you are eating substantial protein, but no more than 1.5 grams per pound of lean body mass per day. Even 1.25 is probably sufficient for most. If you are eating enough protein, then no need for additional. "Best" supplement out there, depending on how you define supplement, is creatine mono. 5 grams a day forever. Very safe, like eating red meat. Burning fat can be accomplished by either being in a caloric deficit, or regular cardio, every other day, min 45 minutes, between 50 and 80% of your max heart rate. The supplement industry is a billion dollar industry, and preys mostly on newbs that don't know too much. You can go through this process of parting with your money due to inexperience (I did) or you can learn to eat correctly and avoid the "need" for supplementing. And if you want a preworkout stimulant, nothing beats a cup or two of strong black coffee. Learn to keep it simple Good luck! ---Roman
    This guy knows his shit

BulldogMatt is offline Junior Member
    BCAA can help minimising or preventing muscle loss if taken before cardio
    Keratin is cool
    Whey protein can supplement your diet and L-carnitine and caffeine aids fat burning.

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    Only one's I have felt any difference with were good multi's and MSM

Ratnuroh is offline New Member
    ARA and PA are both great supplements.

Silvercrank is offline Junior Member
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Beta Alanine.
    Don't expect miracles from any supplement, food is the most important but here is what i take:

Whey protien
    Creatine Mono (just stick to creatine mono, you can buy a tub for $25 that will last almost a year)
    Vitamin D
    Vitamin C
    Beta alanine
    Fish oil
    Ala + Nac (for liver support + antioxidant benefits)

BCAA's (during a cut mostly)
    No Explode (i cycle pre workouts, 1 month on, 2 months off)
    Last edited by Silvercrank; 04-01-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Synhax is offline Associate Member
    Whey protein- Gold standard
    Creatine monohydrate- ON
    Glutamine- Allmax
    Fish oil
    GAT nitraflex for pre-workout
    Vitamin C and D

Those are main ones I use, serving me well so far.

Thread Information