Pork Chop is offline Member

New leg press record

set 1, 7 plates a side, 16 text book prefect reps.
    set 2, 8 plates a side, 3 reps.

is this serious weight or average? my nervous system was messed up and had to sit in the shower for 20 minutes to recoup.
    Last edited by Pork Chop; 11-15-2004 at 10:27 AM.

decadbal is offline Banned
    impressive, how was your cns effected?

when i go beyond failure.. in the "zone".. i usually don't have the energy to speak for a couple minutes after the set.. this time i went beyond.. i heard this is so taxing on the nervous system.. it's what makes you wanna sleep and hurl on the spot.

lol bro i think you have the wrong idea about the CNS..

what do you think makes you wanna barf and sleep the second the set is over?

prolly lactic acid

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop

is this serious weight or average? my nervous system was messed up and had to sit in the shower for 20 minutes to recoup.
    decent weight...

im not a huge leg presser, in fact for my leg size you would think i could do alot more...but if you go deep it makes a huge difference...so if they were "text book" then you have nothing t be asshamed of...

there is a guy at my gym that was leg pressing about 25-26 plates the other night, but his was only bending his legs abd dropping about 8-10 inches...then i watched him move to the squat rack and he was doing sets of 6 with 185

leson...get in the squat rack...big weight there is alot more fun

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    decent weight...

im not a huge leg presser, in fact for my leg size you would think i could do alot more...but if you go deep it makes a huge difference...so if they were "text book" then you have nothing t be asshamed of...

there is a guy at my gym that was leg pressing about 25-26 plates the other night, but his was only bending his legs abd dropping about 8-10 inches...then i watched him move to the squat rack and he was doing sets of 6 with 185

leson...get in the squat rack...big weight there is alot more fun
    No $hit. Do squats Full squats (butt to ankles) first then do leg press after knees to chest. See how much you can press then.

I like to do 3 sets of full squats, 3 sets of front squats, 3 sets lunges, THEN 3 sets of leg press, 3 sets of leg extensions, 3 sets of leg curls super setted with leg in-ductors. Also, before squats I do 5 sets of standing dumbell one legged calf raises.

JdFlex is offline Senior Member

That's a pretty good weight. Its not mind-blowing, but it certainly isn't chicken $hit. Props bro, how many people on this planet can press 720lbs?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by JdJuicer
    That's a pretty good weight. Its not mind-blowing, but it certainly isn't chicken $hit. Props bro, how many people on this planet can press 720lbs?
    i can get about 804lbs for 8 but i find it impossible to use "textbook form" as the leg press i use isnt really designed well enough. So ill usually drop to about 450 lbs and wider stance "crab style" set to finish with and get a deeper stretch. if you are using textbook form then thats a good weight!

Swellin Guest
    Pork Chop, I don't give a **** what anybody else on here thinks is good weight! You shouldn't either. Guys that weight 300 and powerlift are going to blow the rest of us out of the water. Your weight makes a huge difference here as well.

What does matter is that you pushed yourself to a new personal best. That is more gratifying than everybody on here talking about this weight or that weight.

Quietly impress yourself everytime you go in the gym. The compliments will flow without you wondering how well you did.

Congrats on the lift.

BTW, power movements do affect the CNS.

WannabePro is offline Associate Member
    Pretty good, what number excercise do you do the leg press? (1st, 2nd,3rd etc)

If sure if you did it for your 1st excercise, you could press a lot more, but i personally like doing barbell squats 1st.

I can leg press 32 plates for 6 reps, but keep in mind this is after i do squats.

I barbell squat 425 for 6 reps. Hack squat 8 plates and a quarter on each side for 6 reps.

I personally would always do squats before any other quad exercise.

Remember people are impressed with the amount of weight they see, like on a leg press, but dont pay attention to the difficulty of squats just because there is less weight.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you, bro. That's about what I do. The nauseau and breathing isn't caused by CNS, though. It's a combo of pain response, rapid blood pressure change and rapid pH change in systemic circulation. My buddy the other day loaded the press up all the way AND THEN put a chick on top to go for the ride! He's a little sick in the head, though.

Thanks.

I do leg extensions to pre-exhaust. Then i do leg press.

By text book form i mean feet a foot and a half wide or so.. and bringing knee's ALL the way back.

I see lot's of guys press mad weight with a 4 or 5 inch range of motion and feet super wide to further reduce the range of motion.. far from text book.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Thanks.

I do leg extensions to pre-exhaust. Then i do leg press.

By text book form i mean feet a foot and a half wide or so.. and bringing knee's ALL the way back.

I see lot's of guys press mad weight with a 4 or 5 inch range of motion and feet super wide to further reduce the range of motion.. far from text book.
    get in a squat rack bro if you can...i dont know about your health ect ect...but even if its a smith rack

Monkeytown is offline Senior Member
    Squats are the way to go.

Still, that is pretty impressive considering you pre-exhausted your quads.

MT

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I agree with swellin. If youre pushing yourself that hard, it doesnt matter how much weight your doing, weight is relative to the individual. It felt like all your muscle fibers were on fire right? Thats really all that matters. These bada**es that load the weight up but only do half reps arent puttin in the work that your puttin in unless their the rare individuals who can benefit from that kink of workout, which means that have nothing but fast twitch muscle fibers, but what are the chances of that.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Congrates bro... its always nice to get a new personal best..

6_pak is offline Associate Member
    I also agree with swellin. Squats are the way to go. Any compound movement puts more muscle on you than isolation movements, but that doesnt necissarily mean you have to do them first. If you do a pre-exaust exercise like leg extensions first then do squats you want have to use as much weight to get the work done, and for those of us that have existing knee problems that is a good idea.

Thread Information