brew035 is offline Associate Member

Question Shoulders & Legs Same Day?

I just talked to one of my buddies today. He was telling me that if I do squats and shoulders in the same day that my bench will go up. Does anyone know this to be true. I personally have never heard of this.

xfade7 is offline Member
    you shoulders will grow, from what i've heard based on GH release. if your shoulders are lagging this is a good day to add them..
    anyone correct me if im wrong plz

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    There are other things to consider besides GH release. You need to determine whether your resting/nutrition schedule will allow you to intensely work both your legs and your shoulders on the same day. Personally, when I do legs, I can barely walk let alone sit up straight and press dumbells overhead.

Once in a while you shoud change up your routine and combine body part workouts in ways you normally wouldn't so you can shock your body, but I would make this the exception rather than the rule.

BTW...if anyone tells you: "If you work legs and shoulders the same day, your bench press will increase," then you need to stop, take a deep breath and really analyze what this person has just told you. People come up with the craziest old wives tales based on skewed observations of their own experiences. Look...if you want your bench press to increase, then work your chest and ALL the secondary muscles hard--you don't just combine shoulders with legs. This isn't a magic show. Quit looking for the magic combinations and tricks.

You'd do better in the long run to stop paying attention to these short cuts to being bigger and better and start focusing on the basics of lifting. While other people are changing their routines every time they hear some new training trick, you'll be slowly and steadily sticking with the basics and growing faster than the rest of them who change their routine directions as fast as the hare runs. Don't be the hare. Be the tortoise--slow, steady, deliberate perserverance wins the race. Don't be influenced by every new trick someone tells you.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 02-10-2005 at 09:50 PM.

brew035 is offline Associate Member
    thanks that is what i needed to hear. That is what im going to do.

Thread Information