SteveinNC is offline New Member

Arms pumping up too fast, limiting workout time on them

I am new here. Posted my hello yesterday. But thought this was perhaps the best place to ask this question, although I mentioned it in my greetings message.

My problem is with my biceps and forearms. I do some free-weight training and have a workout station that will do everything needed, but I prefer the old-fashioned pushups (I use the bars)when it comes to my arms and pecs and shoulder muscles. I am not looking to be the bodybuilder type. I have more of what you might term as a gymnasts' build. But after 100 or so pushups, my biceps and forearms become so rock hard and pumped up it makes it nearly an impossible task to do any more with that. I've heard about hitting the wall, but this ain't it. This is serious and is something keeping me from developing my arms to extent of which I'd like. I'm basically satisfied where I am. I would be considered "puny" probably by many of you, but I like my body the way it is. Should I take a rest period, some time for them to relax and go down a bit and then continue on?

Steve
    Last edited by SteveinNC; 02-11-2006 at 11:11 AM.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    you might need to change your workout up, and take a lil rest period in between sets.

btw NC, w00t!

decadbal is offline Banned
    where are both u bastards from

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    NCsteve... i would say stretching is what i would do first...
    then i would try resting up...it could be a factor.

Thanks for the advice, novastepp and crash187at. It really is frustrating for me. I would like my biceps to get a little larger, but when I say they get rock hard, I mean it, the same as my forearms after what I consider to be not enough of a workout. Frustrating. I will try stretching and resting up and see what helps. How long should one allow rest before continuing on? Thanks again.

BTW....Crash87at....what does w00t mean? Really, I'm not good with the lingo. Help me out here. :-)
    Last edited by SteveinNC; 02-12-2006 at 12:01 AM.

BTW....crash187at....there is a bigger pic of my profile pic in MEMBERS PICS.

Thread Information