Thread: Chest lagging

Fordfan01 is offline Member

Chest lagging

It seems like every part of my body is getting visiablely larger since ive been working out but my chest is lagging behind and its really starting to piss me off. I do a chest workout two times a week. First day i do barbell flat bench, incline, decline and pushups. Three days later i do the same thing but with dumbells. Can anyone help me out here?

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    are you going till failure on your sets what do your sets look like, if your getting sore and still working your chest three days later it may be that it doesnt have enough time to rest/ grow

on my barbell bench i do a pyramid and on the others i do 3 sets and yes i go to failure on everything. My strengh gains are great but my physical appearance sucks. I dont do a chest workout if my chest is still sore from the last workout so i dont think it is overtraining.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i usually get sore as shit every week
    i go
    incline dbs
    15 reps 70
    10reps 80
    6reps 110

bench
    6 heavy spot on 2 or 3

overhead pull over

flat bench fly

cable fly
    15 till failure
    another till failure

Ill try that on my next chest workout thanks

ITALIANMAN is offline Junior Member
    When my chest was laggind i did it twice a week also thinkign this would help but didnt grow. When i went to once a week grew like crazy maybe chest needs more rest. Hope this help some

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordfan01
    It seems like every part of my body is getting visiablely larger since ive been working out but my chest is lagging behind and its really starting to piss me off. I do a chest workout two times a week. First day i do barbell flat bench, incline, decline and pushups. Three days later i do the same thing but with dumbells. Can anyone help me out here?

2x per week is fine if you split the total sets between the two days,and reduce the amount of exercises.

id do.

2 sets flat bench
    2 sets incline
    2 sets dips/decline
    1 set flys(good set)

repeat later in the week,this way you shouldnt overtrain and make the best of increased igf levels among others.also soreness or delayed onset muscle soreness is not a good indicator that hypertrophy is taking place.i hardly ever feel really sore anymore,soreness usually comes when you hammer the muscle with lots of sets in one go.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    alternativley just go once per week and increase the sets,bare in ming also that genetic factors often are responsible for the growth of different muscle groups.

timtim is offline Member
    maybe drop the number of reps and up the weight. trying a 5x5 training cycle was very beneficial for me throughout the years, especially chest.

Thread Information