RIP535 is offline New Member

Chicken Legs NEED HELP

First off my upper body, 51" chest 20" arms 16" forearms 34" waist
    now the problem legs 24" calves 16"
    i need a leg workout bad ive tried several with no to very little results all i need is size couldnt care less on strength
    ive done the sokalov routine,high reps low wt. high wt. low reps nothing i can think of works, any advise except getting smaller up top

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    squats........

i have and still do but the only thing that grows is my butt ive got some knee prblems repaired acl left knee repaired acl mcl right knee but i still squat and can with little to no discomfort just bad stability

Blog Entries
    knee wraps ?

i use tk bands should i go to a z wraps or somthing close plus what about foot placement narrow, medium, wide does that make much of a differance

Blog Entries
    shoulder width.... but i have never delt with a knee problem nor helped some one with it .... dr. sustanon is very good with helping on this subject....

cool thanks for the advise ill that stance and wraps and try to see what they have to say on the subject

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    you could hit legs twice a week to bring them up, while keeping other bodyparts at 1x per week

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    squats, leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises

if your legs arent growing, your not doing them right.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    You could try this:

Leg Extensions light weight squeeze at top (warm up 3 sets)

Squats 3 sets of 6 Good form pause at the bottom to positive failure
    Leg Press 3 sets of 10 to Failure use your hands to complete last rep and pause at the bottom for 1 second...

Leg extensions 3 Sets Unilateral of 10 reps to positive failure

Leg extensions 3 sets Both legs of 10 Reps to failure squeeze 5 seconds past failure on last rep of last set...

If you have any gas left walking lunges Whatever weight you can perform 20 steps in each direction...

Thats my leg day I do Calves and Hammies on different days...

asianhulk_83 is offline New Member
    some other exercises that I do are front squats or use the smith machine they have helped out big time. You said you had ACL surgery right how bout doing Hacks until you've build up enough strength back on your knees?

Try a combo of squats one week, smith next, front, hacks, etc etc. I hope this helps you out.

thanks to everyone i do legs friday and ill implament your advise in let you know how it goes

yungfaceb3 is offline Associate Member
    I began to train my legs way after my upper body as many begining bodybuilders do, but now my legs are quite possibly my most developed bodypart and they continue to grow just as if not more fast than all other bodyparts. My routine is simple and is as follows.

I do a 3-day split which means in 3 days i hit every muscle group..then take a day off..and hit them again. I have usually done as many as 8 sets of squats...usually pyramiding up and then down and going heavy on all other leg exercises as many as 6-7 exercises...this is when i hit legs once a week...yeah they grew..but they didn't start growing big time until i starting this 3-day split a few months ago...here it goes

I usually hit chest/back..then the next day legs....then the next day shoulders and arms..then take a day off and start over again but usuing progressive workload in that each time the weight increases as well as intensity. here it goes:

First leg workout: Light weight/high reps (15-20+) reps
    6 sets squats
    4 sets front squats or leg press
    superset: 4 sets leg extensions and lying leg curls
    superset : 4 sets standing or kneeling leg curls and seated legcurls or stiff legged deadlifts.

second leg workout: pyramids
    6 sets squats: 15, 10, 8, 8, 6, 4
    4 sets front squats: 10, 8, 8, 6
    superset: hack squats and lying leg curls 10, 8, 8, 8
    superset : standing/kneeling leg curls and stiff legged/ seated leg curls 10, 8,8, 6

3rd leg workout : Heavy day/ Ballistic training
    6 sets squats: heavy 4-6 rep range ballistic style
    4-5 sets leg press: heavy 3-6 reps ballistic style
    hack squats: heavy 5-6 reps
    lying leg curls: 5-6 reps
    stiff legged deadlifts: 5-6 reps

remember to warm up well and to take days off accordingly..you wont be able to handle this workload right off the bat..but eventually your legs will get used to the trainign frequency and they should grow as mine have and continue to do so. train calves 4 times a week with at least 4 sets of 15 standing calf raises. as for squats more in your butt...maybe you change your foot position to a little wider or possible a little closer...also try to isolate the quads by going just to parallel and back up....i like to go ass to ankles to hit everything as much as possible...but thats just my groove..you have got to find yours..good luck.
    Last edited by yungfaceb3; 10-16-2007 at 03:40 PM.

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    ASS to floor Squats!

Brian is offline Junior Member
    I have a similar problem..but also have a realy bad back from a fall at work and just had a hernia op. Very frustrating not being able to hit them as hard as before..

green22 is offline Senior Member
    do your legs get sore the next day?
    do you get a good pump?

if not try some different things ex. drop sets, super sets, giant sets.

Also with an upper body that big you could afford to miss a day and hit legs 2 times a week.

WelshWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Don't mean to flame, but you have 20 inch arms and thighs that are only 4 inches bigger?!

eddy tye is offline Associate Member
    legs are easyest for me...they grow like crazy,i have to acctuly slow my workout down on leg day cause there gettin to big for my frame?

not goin for that look

Scrat is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD- View Post
    you could hit legs twice a week to bring them up, while keeping other bodyparts at 1x per week
    Bingo.

Frequency is what you need RIP535 and stick to squats. Leg extensions, leg presses and hack squats are okay but really do not do much for quad growth. I good routine to follow would be regular or back squats early in the week and then front squats later in the week. Try changing your reps in a wave format. For example:

Week 1: De-load (3x12 for front and back squats with short rests)
    Week 2: 4x10 - regular squats, 4x8 - front squats
    Week 3: 4x9 - fregular squats, 4x7 - front squats
    Week 4: 4x8 - regular squats, 4x6 front squats
    Week 5: repreat week one

Of course, you can change the rep ranges as I just gave an example. When the reps get lower you can also add in an additional set or do some lunges after you do front squats. Also, forget pyramiding weight. Do 2-4 warm-ups and then do all sets with the same weight.

bigdog123 is offline Junior Member
    ass to floor squats is right !!!
    but always respect the form... and also u should do some leg raise dont put hands on knees to help urself out 5x10 reps always put more weigth and move the weight down slowly!!!
    also leg raise (u dont have to put heavy just make sure u do 10 reps failure and stay at top for 1 sec...)
    eat like an animal
    also legs 2x a week
    gl

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Lately, I been doin' a lot of high reps with close stance leg press and I feel that I get an insane pump and I see better results with them.

Thread Information