nvmy22s is offline New Member

new here would like some help.

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 230
    BF%: ??
    Cycle Exp: 0
    PCT Knowledge: n/a
    Training Exp: 1 year

ok so when i first joined the gym, my goal was to drop some weight and get back in shape. im down to 230 from 265. i would like to change my goals now, and build more muscle. my work out seems to work, not gaining much size, but getting stronger. from reading in here my protien/food intake is not enough. also my diet has not been the best due to work, but looking to change this.

what i basicly do in a week is:
    mon- chest and tri
    tue- back bi
    wed- shoulders abs
    thr- hit what doesnt seem to hurt
    fri- legs abs
    4 sets for each muscle, 12-14 reps, or till i fail.

each week i change up the exercises i do so to not do the same thing over and over.
    every day i try to do 45-1 hr of cardio. not sure if this is too much.

ex: of diets.
    ex: of better weekly work out
    and any sugestions would be great. only suplement i have or use is protien after workouts.

seems like a great site and hope to learn as much as i can from the people on here and reading what others have asked.

thanks

would also like to know if it would be in my benifit to add things like crietine or n.o. .............

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    do shoulders and abs on thursday instead of wednesday and keep wednesday as a rest day.

just because the muscle doesnt hurt doesnt mean you havent worked it right.

Thanks, I have concidered wed as an off day, but like going the 5 days, gives me a break from the kids n wife. Any sugestions on how I could better break up my routine for all 5 days?

And how I do my set/reps, would trying more weight and less reps work better for trying to gain mass? Or what I'm doing will accomplish the same thing?

Have checked out some of the threads in the diet ?'s also. Have a much better idea of what I should be eating, just gotta figure out how much now.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    personally if your BF% is still high. (if it is cause you are uncertain) then i would continue to cut. and then lean bulk once you are lean.

just my opinion.

btw nice work on the weight loss so far

6ft5 is offline Member
    I'd take wed and sunday off. Take that lag day and loose it your not fine tuning or anything. Then slide the rest down. I prefer to lift eod. But since you are kinda new to it all keep it simple. Research on pre exhaust workouts. Power lifting programs. And dogg crap has some very interesting looks and research on his training techniques.

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nvmy22s View Post
    Thanks, I have concidered wed as an off day, but like going the 5 days, gives me a break from the kids n wife. Any sugestions on how I could better break up my routine for all 5 days?

And how I do my set/reps, would trying more weight and less reps work better for trying to gain mass? Or what I'm doing will accomplish the same thing?

Have checked out some of the threads in the diet ?'s also. Have a much better idea of what I should be eating, just gotta figure out how much now.
    for adding mass i would say hit it heavy for lesser reps. i couldnt really understand what you mean by "4 sets for each muscle, 12-14 reps, or till i fail."
    do you mean 4 sets per exercise or just 4 sets for that muscle group?

I do somthing like this
    Back: 4 Excercises 3 sets each
    Chest 4 Exercises 3 sets each
    Biceps 3 Exercises 3 sets each
    Triceps 3 Exercises 3 sets each
    Shoulders 4 Exercises 3 sets each
    Legs 5 Exercises 3 sets each

For the bigger lifts for example (Deadlift, Shoulder press, Squats, Bench) i do 4 sets but thats what works for me because these are exercises i put all my strength into.

Eat like a animal Train like a animal and Sleep like ur in a coma

T-gunz, thanks. I'm trying to take this as serious as possible. So far my biggest motivation is the complements that I get from people that notice my weight loss, and the fact that I wanna look better then I did when I was 20 lol. Not sure what my bf% is. Sure its a bit high still but nothing like it was. Have to figure it out still. I also try to take advice from. Where ever I can as long as it seems good. I was told from a guy at the gym that I could bulk up, and that the rest of the weight would come off as I go. How true is that. Or am I better off going how I was till I am a little leaner?

Kaytime, I may have worded things wrong there it was pretty late for me there when I wrote it. 4 excecises with 4 sets each. thanks for the ex of your work out.

T-gunz, thanks. I'm trying to take this as serious as possible. So far my biggest motivation is the complements that I get from people that notice my weight loss, and the fact that I wanna look better then I did when I was 20 lol. Not sure what my bf% is. Sure its a bit high still but nothing like it was. Have to figure it out still. I also try to take advice from. Where ever I can as long as it seems good. I was told from a guy at the gym that I could bulk up, and that the rest of the weight would come off as I go. How true is that. Or am I better off going how I was till I am a little leaner?

Kaytime, I may have worded things wrong there it was pretty late for me there when I wrote it. 4 excecises with 4 sets each. thanks for the ex of your work out.

6ft5 is offline Member
    ^as far as that gym guy says. I think he's talkin bout a body recomp. Add muscle whyle loosing fat. A lot of contoversy on this round here too.. I've been dabbling in that for years now I think it can be done. Just my .02.. If the calories are there in the right percentages and the cardio is there fine tuned it can be done. It is much much easier to loose the bf and then lean bulk. BUT. If you started a lean bulk and bumped cardio a little bit that might do what your trying to do. Or at least a start in the LBM direction. Personaly I like to stay around 15% bf unless I'm training bjj or cross fit. Its a nice buffer to keep me adding muscle,, to little bf seems to make me lathargic when I'm hittn the iron only. That's just me tho... This is a very long game and sometimes you'll end up doing thing to only understand what's happening a year down the road. That's why keep it simple at the begining is very important. Again just my .02

Thread Information