streeter is offline Associate Member

How do you know when your over working or under working a muscle

I am 45 years old and figure I don't have a ton of years left to get in really great shape so I am trying to maximise my routines. So my question is how the heck do you know when your over training or under training?

I am using the training routines found in the book Maximum Mass by Jason Ferrugia. But I find myself sometimes adding or doing more or resting less than it calls for just kinda going with how I feel.

I really need a good workout routine for a very motivated lifter who goes to the gym every day but doesn't want to over train. Also does it make a difference that I am on HRT with Wether I am over training or not?

If your unfamiliar with my story a year and a half ago I was 260 pounds 5'10" in one year I got down to 170 pounds. I then started HRT and have sprung back up to my current weight of 189 pounds and I am still in size 32 pants.

The only sign left of my obesity is the loose skin on my belly but very little fat left there at all just thick skin. I am working on that as well.

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    Knowing the signs of over-training will help you determine that yourself. Additionally, loss of strength/endurance will also be a telltale sign. Most people I see in gyms are usually under-training the important muscle groups and over-training the aesthetic groups. I am talking leaving out legs or back and focusing on chest and arms, this is not suggested and will yield poor results.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by streeter View Post
    I am 45 years old and figure I don't have a ton of years left to get in really great shape so I am trying to maximise my routines. So my question is how the heck do you know when your over training or under training?

I am using the training routines found in the book Maximum Mass by Jason Ferrugia. But I find myself sometimes adding or doing more or resting less than it calls for just kinda going with how I feel.

I really need a good workout routine for a very motivated lifter who goes to the gym every day but doesn't want to over train. Also does it make a difference that I am on HRT with Wether I am over training or not?

If your unfamiliar with my story a year and a half ago I was 260 pounds 5'10" in one year I got down to 170 pounds. I then started HRT and have sprung back up to my current weight of 189 pounds and I am still in size 32 pants.

The only sign left of my obesity is the loose skin on my belly but very little fat left there at all just thick skin. I am working on that as well.
    I'm not familiar with the workout, post your routine, including sets/reps/poundages and I'll help you.

Also, go to the diet section and find the thread entitled "AR remote trainer/physique transformation challange" and enroll in the 12 week program and ask for a trainer.

streeter is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, Both posts are very helpful. I will post routine I am using soon. Gotta go eat breakfast starving for my Granola with skim milk and some liquid eggs

mario_ps2 is offline Associate Member
    You are right in the money about most people under-training the legs and back while over-training the chest and arms and they wonder why their arms are not growing!!!

follow Roonies workout plan.. usually about 8 to 12 sets for large body parts such as the legs and back, 6 to 8 sets for chest, 3 to 5 sets for arms, 4 to 6 sets for shoulders.

*west* is offline Banned
    Great advice here bro

Thread Information