Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Bent over rows bb

Was curious how you guys position your hands for this excerise. I do..palms faceing up and holding the bar around the finger line. But have seen guys doing palm down and closer grip.

Just preference or Different area of the back being worked out?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Pronated grip/shoulder width one week. Supinated grip/shoulder width the next.

I would never suggest going too heavy on Supinated grip. Your biceps are under a lot of stress and are more susceptible to injury.

toothache is offline Senior Member
    I switch up like HP and go shoulder width also

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Very cool thanks. So right now one week I'm doing bent rows and the next week I was doing t-bar rows (hammer strength Mach) or can I do both the same week and change the grips?

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I love the T-bar Row HS machine. A lot of times I'll utilize free weights for any rowing movement one week, then the next I'll transition to machines.

Whatever feels right for you.

jypoll is offline Member
    I do bb rows with my palms facing forward, I feel it my in my biceps this way

growing1 is offline Junior Member
    palms facing out. Hits the lower wing more to me. Helps the mass down there. Switch it up if you need help in both areas but I'm behind in the lower region so I do them more.

tyciol is offline New Member
    I do them both ways. I use an underhand grip for when I am keeping my elbows in tight to train shoulder extension. This is lats if you do it until elbows are at side, or rear delts if you hyper-extend. I use overhand grip for when I am bringing elbows out, to train shoulder transverse extension. This is less lats I've heard, so shifted to upper muscles that attach to scaps like teres, rear delts, and I think maybe infraspinatus too. The overhand is how Poliquan teaches it. You can't use as much weight as keeping elbows in and more upright I think.

Thread Information