Call Me Blood is offline New Member

Having trouble building Forearm size.

I'm in the process of sorting out my diet right now. And I don't really have any problem with strength or building muscle, however, I can't seem to put on Forearm size. Anyone have a solution? Thanks.

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    do you use straps?

morty is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    do you use straps?
    Uh.... What? Haha no sir.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    Straps as in to help grip while doing deadlifts etc, not sexual straps haha

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    I always figured questions like these were best left to google...

But anyway the most basic and very effective forearm workout is to take a lighter dumbell and lay your arm across a bench and curl it with your wrist only.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    But anyway the most basic and very effective forearm workout is to take a lighter dumbell and lay your arm across a bench and curl it with your wrist only.
    or load up a barbell and sit on that bench, palms up, curling it that way. if you wanna hit the flipside, grab the EZ-curl bar (i find it's easier on my wrist) and go palms down.

BigBeard is offline New Member
    palm up or palm down barbell wrist curls; also, reverse curls. i have long forarms and its difficult ot make them look thick, but at least i have good definition on them.

Thanks for all the help and replies guys. I forgot to add in I find it difficult to build mass because my forearms are so long. What weight do you think would be ideal to start out with for both palm up and down?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Call Me Blood View Post
    Thanks for all the help and replies guys. I forgot to add in I find it difficult to build mass because my forearms are so long. What weight do you think would be ideal to start out with for both palm up and down?
    whatever weight you can do ??? i dunno. ha. i start off with one "warm-up" set with just the bar, then add a plate (yes, a 45) to each side and do a few sets of 8.

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    These helped me out a ton, I rotate the single arm pulleys with the regular straight short bar (not ez bar) . The wrist motion he talks about is what really helps, Once I started doing these within 2 weeks i had somoene commenting on my forearms. Before these I didnt really care about forearms and only did those wrist curl things after biceps. I now love how my forearms look and obsess over them ,lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanteDC#p/u/4/nf3k-EmaCGc

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    These helped me out a ton, I rotate the single arm pulleys with the regular straight short bar (not ez bar) . The wrist motion he talks about is what really helps, Once I started doing these within 2 weeks i had somoene commenting on my forearms. Before these I didnt really care about forearms and only did those wrist curl things after biceps. I now love how my forearms look and obsess over them ,lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanteDC#p/u/4/nf3k-EmaCGc
    he's doing reverse curls. the thing about reverse curls is it's killer on the actual grip due to this thing called "gravity". i'll stick with my movements, even if it's not combining 2 exercises into 1

Hack da Squat is offline Junior Member
    I recomend hitting your forearms before you train biceps or back give it a go they be defnitly sore if you can handle it

Neato. I did once try this regimen where you pretty much take a >25 lb dumbbell wrist curl it at your sides for ten reps and then twist them. I have no idea if it did anything for my forearms but I swear I tacked 10 lbs onto my bench press. I think my body has a mind of its own
    Last edited by Call Me Blood; 02-20-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I look at forearms the same way I train calves. Multiple times a week and (depending on what I'm working that day) either before or after regular workout.

Hex plate is offline New Member
    I noticed a significant increase in the size of my forearms when i started doing weight pull ups

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    ctrl+f "farmers walk" 0 results

guys I am disappointed!

also forearms can be a lot to do with genetics

do a lot of hammers and close fisted pushups

and of course raw deadlifts and static holds

fin

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hex plate View Post
    I noticed a significant increase in the size of my forearms when i started doing weight pull ups
    no doubt, thats a great exercise for grip strength

I have seen advance grip work done on the pull up by adding a tennis ball to the bar so that you have to grab the ball and bar forcing you to extent and add extra stress on the forearm

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Straight BB curls

Preacher curls with a straight bar

Both of those movements will smash your forearm flexors...

I do like to isolate them if i have time.... I now need to focus on them as there own bodypart a bit more
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    double overhand deadlifts, deadlift holds, farmers holds, hammer curls.

DFRELAT is offline Associate Member
    You got some good ones from BgMc31 right there, but my favorite has always been the wrist roller. I made my own, it's very easy and cheap to do. You'll find all you need at your local hardware store. I bought a piece of 2 and a half inch pvc pipe, some tough rope (about 8-10 feet long) and a mountain climbers clip (makes it easy to put on plates). Just drill a hole in the middle to pass your rope, make a good knot, attach the clip at the end of your rope and that's pretty much it! I sanded the 2 ends of the pipe with a big grain paper to give it a better grip. I use this at the end of my arms workout and it always gives me a massive pump, the kinda pump that I have to wait a little to drive back home cuz my forearms are now bigger than Popeye's! I do it standing high in a dip machine at the gym, it gives me good high clearance from the ground and the space between the legs for the plates to roll it up. I always use as heavy as I can handle, roll once up on one side, get it down, turn it around and one up that side and so on alternating til failure.... You work both sides of your forearms this way. If you have big hands or want some extra torture get a 3 inch pipe, brings a whole new level of fun!

Thread Information