Thread: Back Size

KaspahBoy is offline New Member

Back Size

Hey guys

I'm pretty new to the forum but I already know its the right place to learn about almost anythin concerning bodybuilding. i've made enormous strides in training and gaining overall size this last year (it's the 1st full yr training after 2 yrs off). I started training at 17, but after 2 yrs of hard trainin and goin 2 varsity I stopped trainin and lost pretty much most my gains. I'm abt a yr and 2 months into trainin again and wanna really bulk up my back. I,ve got good def in my upper back but wanna know from u guys what exercizes u would recommend for maximum back thickness and width, besides the obvious (deadlift, bb row). Sum stats:
    21 yrs old (natural)
    weight: btwn 82kgs @ 10% bf - 90kgs @ 14%bf, which i'm at now
    (thats 180llbs - 198llbs for u american guys lol)
    Height: 1, 72m (approx 5'8)
    Diet is quite good(i think) : approx 200 - 250g protein p/d and 400-450g carbs, not sure abt fats, but almost all polyunsaturated and monounsaturated.
    I know its not perfect, but I can only eat what I can afford (I'm a student and broke!).
    Thanks guys, btw I'll try add sum pics some time

|2ogue is offline Junior Member
    Hi mate. The obvious ones are the best mate. There is no substitue for dead lifts, bent over barbell rows, lat pull downs. Bent barbell rows are imo the best exercise for back, especially if its thickness your after. I know you asked for things besides the obvious but they are the best. Keep at it mate, it'll come with time. Keep them strict, you see too many people in the gym training their ego's swinging the weights around. There's no substitute for big basic exercises done nice and strict.
    Keep it up mate, and good luck.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Pullups, with varied grip, and width. Pullups and deadlifts IMO are essential for back. Add a rowing excersise or two, (i do tbar and close grip cable rows) and thats all you need. With pullups or weighted pullups its super important to concentrate on pulling with your back and not your bicept and not in a jerking motion like you see a lot of people do with back excersises

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by |2ogue View Post
    Hi mate. The obvious ones are the best mate. There is no substitue for dead lifts, bent over barbell rows, lat pull downs. Bent barbell rows are imo the best exercise for back, especially if its thickness your after. I know you asked for things besides the obvious but they are the best. Keep at it mate, it'll come with time. Keep them strict, you see too many people in the gym training their ego's swinging the weights around. There's no substitute for big basic exercises done nice and strict.
    Keep it up mate, and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Pullups, with varied grip, and width. Pullups and deadlifts IMO are essential for back. Add a rowing excersise or two, (i do tbar and close grip cable rows) and thats all you need. With pullups or weighted pullups its super important to concentrate on pulling with your back and not your bicept and not in a jerking motion like you see a lot of people do with back excersises
    Excellent advice from both.

Thread Information