TopDogg is offline Junior Member

Negative Reps + Cycle = ?

I want to switch techniques on my first official cycle to maximize muscle mass gain. I’ve been working out non-stop for the past 1.5 year and before that been working out on and off for several year.

So, the new technique I’m considering is the “Negative Reps”, t his means you lift about 50 pounds over your normal weight. With a spotter, start at the top of the rep and slowly lower the weight down (this is the “negative” portion).

Has anyone tried this technique? What do you guys think about this technique with a cycle? Anyone got any feedback?

Taylor Lautner from Twilight
    http://fittipdaily.com/taylor-lautne...-secrets-5545/

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Negatives are good, but first off don't post anything Twilight related, thanks. Don't think of this as some sort of end all technique that's going to get you to your goal. It is merely one of the many tools you have to get to the body you want. IMO slowly concentrating on any part of the contraction really makes it better, but negatives with a spotter are good because you can lower more weight than you can lift. Negatives are supposed to help increase size, and also DOMS.

kelevra is offline Member
    ^^^ Good points. I cant do heavy negatives anymore. To hard on my joints and tendons. IMO, Use them wisely

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    negatives have been great when i wanted to increase my max lifts. I dont' seem to get much size out of them though

GoNoles99 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LatissimusaurousRex View Post
    don't post anything Twilight related
    x2

I never do negatives that require a spotter like on bench, I've just done them with exercises like curls.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    twilight sucks and that kid isnt big at all, he just has low bf which gives that appearance, some people at my gym do negatives and they are weak but think that doing something "oh so different" will finally get them bigger or stronger, but they remain fat and weak, so... ya

Thread Information