Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member

Looking for a solid back workout routine? Take a look at this!

Jay explains why he does what he does and shows how, as usual.

I am confident many forum members can benefit from following a similar routine, so enjoy the video!

Recusant is offline New Member
    Thanks for the video.

I'm no expert. So everything i say here is a question, not a statement.

He seems to rush his reps a bit and uses a bit of body momentum, is this recommended?

lol, the t-bar rows look stunted with him! Not much movement at all, his bulk gets in the way!

How many sets would he do with this workout? Should someone who is not on cycle do, say, 3 sets of each of those in a single workout? It would seem too much. This is something i don't understand. On cycle, does one do more sets, more variety, more days, all (than not cycling)?

I've never used, but am researching should the opportunity arise.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    no pullups? lol Guess it's hard to do pullups when you weight 292 lbs.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Recusant View Post
    He seems to rush his reps a bit and uses a bit of body momentum, is this recommended? It would be technically impossible not to use body momentum when working with such heavy weights. Jay is an experienced lifter with 20 years of training under his belt so I can assure you that he is contracting and stretching those muscles in each rep, regardless of how it may look from the outside.

How many sets would he do with this workout? Should someone who is not on cycle do, say, 3 sets of each of those in a single workout? It would seem too much. This is something i don't understand. On cycle, does one do more sets, more variety, more days, all (than not cycling)? I would NOT recommend an inexperienced lifter to follow a high volume workout where number of exercises, sets and reps are very high. An advanced lifter can easily follow this workout routine, however, amount of weight that will be lifted in each exercise will be adjusted according to his strength and conditioning, obviously. You can leave the t-bar row out and follow his workout regimen, 3 sets of each exercise would be plenty IMO. Steroids allow you to lift heavier, regenerate faster and also considering the amount of aggression they bring to the picture, I would say high volume training works the best for those who are for the most part on the juice.

Recusant is offline New Member
    Thank you Mr Juicer. I guess the challenge is finding that right balance, i don't know if i'm normal, but i can't quite seem to get the balance just right. I'm forever learning about my body, diet, amount of exercise, reps etc. I need to get as close to the ideal as i can before i take the plunge into a cycle.

One problem i think i have, and i know there is a section for it, is the diet. I eat well, and often, but only recently, through reading others' stories/advice on this forum have i figured out i need to eat more. I have slowly started ramping it up, with improved results too.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Oooooo. I like! may ditch my tired back routine for this fresh one. Thanks TJ

Warrior1700 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post

I would NOT recommend an inexperienced lifter to follow a high volume workout where number of exercises, sets and reps are very high. An advanced lifter can easily follow this workout routine, however, amount of weight that will be lifted in each exercise will be adjusted according to his strength and conditioning, obviously.

What do you consider "high volume" in this case? And what is considered "advanced"? I understand that volume training is good for putting on some size?

A typical high volume training consist of many exercises and many sets per muscle group, 8-12 reps is what you are looking at for upper body routines (legs will have even more sets and a higher rep range without a doubt). This regimen also requires the lifter to spend quite bit of time at the gym, it is your typical Arnold workout philosophy.

Frankly, this regimen works great when you are on gear. It allows you to grow and grow only. Becomes a horrible practice once PCT kicks in, mostly due to the factor of cortisol.

I consider an advanced lifter a person who has at least 10 years of vast training experience under his belt. In the case of Jay Cutler, he has 20.

A typical high volume training consist of many exercises and many sets per muscle group, 8-12 reps is what you are looking at for upper body routines (legs will have even more sets and a higher rep range without a doubt). This regimen also requires the lifter to spend quite bit of time at the gym, it is your typical Arnold workout philosophy.

Frankly, this regimen works great when you are on gear. It allows you to grow and grow only. Becomes a horrible practice once PCT kicks in, mostly due to the factor of cortisol.
    Ok, thanks TJ. I was trying the German Volume training for a bit , 10x10 but it was wearing me out, not sure I was feeling it throughout the work out.

Turkish, side note, can you take a look at my thread "HELP with routine" perhaps, and possibly give some input??

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1700 View Post
    Turkish, side note, can you take a look at my thread "HELP with routine" perhaps, and possibly give some input??
    Sure.

Can you post the link to the thread?

Sure.

Can you post the link to the thread?
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...E#.T8vGPVLw9Wk

Thanks

Thread Information