gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member

biking before weight training...thoughts?

I'm considering quitting public transport and taking my bike to work.

While this doesnt bother me on non training days i'm unsure whethrr this is a good idea and van work well on lifting days.

I lift 3 days/week and my workplace and gym are about ten milee from home.

Would i be able to cycle to the gym, have a good 40mins weights session then go to work. Or is thos asking too much?

Not too sure how long the journey itself wold take. I suspect a good 40-50 mins. Relatively flat.

castiron is offline Associate Member
    depends on whether you are riding a road bike or not. a proper road bike should get you there in 30 mins or so. its good to get your blood pumping pre worout and will help flush lactic acid post workout. Im a huge fan.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    We have biked on the roads and through the woods to our gym... never made any difference to us and our work outs..5.51 miles one way

I love it when we do it!

enjoy!

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Theres either on road or an off road route.

Off road is a lot safer.

I don't have a road bike. Will this make the journey a lot more difficult.

I dont want to wipe out a lot of energy.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    we ride our mountain bikes on and off road, they are great quality bikes so I cant tell much different in on/off road BUT i actually have more energy and am pumped more when i get in the gym when i bike there

AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I concur with Castiron, get the blood pumping!!! I have a very nice Scott road bike, I also have bike shoes and clip in pedals. You can put them on any bike. It much easier, you get the down stroke and the upstroke. You can buy both for less than $100. From sites like nashbar. I know road and mountain bikes are different, but with my pedals and shoes I can ride 15mph with little effort!!! Good luck and pedal away.

Thread Information