honeyking is offline Junior Member

chest problem!! help...

i have been working out since 3years and i have lost 30kgs.now problem is with my chest,i have a huge chest but small shoulders and arms.now i am started bulking 3500+ cals but i want to keep my chest stable and want my arms and shoulder to grow.is it possible??? suggest me something..plzz

stats
    6feet-82kg-13-14% body fat

chest-43inch
    bicep-15inch after flexed and pumped,so it may be 13.5inch nrmally

should is keep my reps high while doing chest and low while doing bicep???

Bevsta123 is offline Member
    Wow haha u got the same size bis as me without pump haha I'm 75kg 170cm and 10%, as for shoulders hit it x2 aweek? Be creative? Drop sets, supersets etc. Just remember don't neglect your delts and always remember your rear delts!

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    I work shoulders once-a-week simply because they get so much action on chest and back day. Only the side delts don't get worked on another day, so if you want you could do some lateral dumbbell raises on one of your lighter days. IMO, no need to train shoulders twice weekly for this reason.

Try this workout for a few weeks and see how it works for you:

5 sets Arnold Press: 12/10/8/6/6

3 sets Front dumbell raise: 12/10/8

5 sets Heavy upright row: 12/8/6/6/6 (I always ceat on the last three sets to crank out as many extra reps as possible. The first set has a higher number of reps because I find this movement requires a bit of a warmup for the joints)

6 sets Dumbbell lateral raise: 15/12/10/8/8/6 (I alternate seated with standing every-other-week. When standing, I let the dumbbells meet in front of me at the bottom of the movement rather than lowering them to my sides like with seated raises. I also cheat a bit when standing to force as many extra reps as possible on the last three sets, and do 30-second burns on those sets as well. Drop sets work extremely well with this exercise.)

5 sets Shrugs: 15/12/10/10/8.

*As for rear delts, I save them for back day when they are already being worked thoroughly. I do 5 sets of bent-over rows, or use the pec-dec.

It's a very intense, high-volume workout, so make sure you schedule it a few days before or after chest.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
    I work shoulders once-a-week simply because they get so much action on chest and back day. Only the side delts don't get worked on another day, so if you want you could do some lateral dumbbell raises on one of your lighter days. IMO, no need to train shoulders twice weekly for this reason.

Try this workout for a few weeks and see how it works for you:

5 sets Arnold Press: 12/10/8/6/6

3 sets Front dumbell raise: 12/10/8

5 sets Heavy upright row: 12/8/6/6/6 (I always ceat on the last three sets to crank out as many extra reps as possible. The first set has a higher number of reps because I find this movement requires a bit of a warmup for the joints)

6 sets Dumbbell lateral raise: 15/12/10/8/8/6 (I alternate seated with standing every-other-week. When standing, I let the dumbbells meet in front of me at the bottom of the movement rather than lowering them to my sides like with seated raises. I also cheat a bit when standing to force as many extra reps as possible on the last three sets, and do 30-second burns on those sets as well. Drop sets work extremely well with this exercise.)

5 sets Shrugs: 15/12/10/10/8.

*As for rear delts, I save them for back day when they are already being worked thoroughly. I do 5 sets of bent-over rows, or use the pec-dec.

It's a very intense, high-volume workout, so make sure you schedule it a few days before or after chest.
    The bold is good advise....

i would never just advise someone to double there delt training to bring the delts up....

Instead I would look to work the weak areas to create a balanced delt and Hit the intensity harder....

You dont need much weight when training delts, if ur contracting correctly they will fatigue very quickly...

Focus on isolating each head of the delt to crate a good balance to the group.... as above, rear delts are very important and really do give u that rounded look from all angles..

Side cable laterals pumps my delts up like no other movement... i love them, to failure and beyond, yates style....

honeyking is offline Junior Member

thats all cool but

thats all good but what about my chest??? how should i train it?? its huge and i feel awkward in crowd X_X

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Wow... That's not really a problem

Just focus on bringin ur other body parts up in line with your chest..... Just training your chest to failure and no more

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeyking View Post
    thats all good but what about my chest??? how should i train it?? its huge and i feel awkward in crowd X_X
    Dont do too much for it, 2 excercises, flat and incline bench / dumbell 3 sets each.
    I find my shoulders grow when i use 2 pressing excercises. I was doing seated dumbell press then side lat raises then a machine press then finally rear delts with the cables.

TOkidd is offline Productive Member
    I thought your chest was too big. I would keep training it as you are and start giving more attention to the muscles around it. It's not that your chest is too big, it's that your other muscles are too small.

Thread Information