Thread: Morning Cardio

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Morning Cardio

Hopefully someone can help clear this up.
    Been doing AM cardio about 5-6 mornings a week, 30 min on the stepper before breakfast. I'm trying to lean out a bit while on cycle, if I make any gains that's great but that's not my priority at the moment. I am running 125mg Test e/75mg Tren ace eod.
    Is there such a thing as to much fasted cardio? Basically the whole more isn't better principle. I know how to eat, and what to eat and when, that's not the problem, but is doing "more" cardio than necessary going to start burning some muscle opposed to fat? Or should it be all good since I'm on AAS.
    Any help is appreciated
    Cheers

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There is indeed much to fasted cardio.

In a nut shell, your blood sugar levels are extremely low at AM and your metabolism attacks to fat reserves in order to keep itself running. Thus, fasted cardio is the type of cardio that allows your metabolism to burn the most amount of fat within the given time frame. The next best time frame to do cardio for burning fat is post workout (lifting). I do both 6 times a week when cutting hard, works wonders to be honest...

... and I highly doubt 30min fasted cardio will burn any muscle when you are on Test & Tren . Even if you weren't currently cycling AAS, it would take your BF% single digits for your metabolism in order to be able to attack muscle mass.

likelifting is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    There is indeed much to fasted cardio.

In a nut shell, your blood sugar levels are extremely low at AM and your metabolism attacks to fat reserves in order to keep itself running. Thus, fasted cardio is the type of cardio that allows your metabolism to burn the most amount of fat within the given time frame. The next best time frame to do cardio for burning fat is post workout (lifting). I do both 6 times a week when cutting hard, works wonders to be honest...

... and I highly doubt 30min fasted cardio will burn any muscle when you are on Test & Tren. Even if you weren't currently cycling AAS, it would take your BF% single digits for your metabolism in order to be able to attack muscle mass.
    Excellent post.

And the bolded part is true from the latest that I have read. I think years ago the myth existed that you HAD to eat or your body would eat muscle. Its more than broscience that says otherwise nowadays.

TJ - Do you take BCAAs b4 fasted cardio? What are your thoughts on BCAAs?

I know you weren't asking me but its relevant to your question. I take two scoops extend for my morning cardio and just sip it while I'm doing cardio. Does it help? Who knows, does it cheer me up early in the morning instead of drinking just water? Most definately

Its your thread, bro. Glad you did. I haven't taken Xtend, but it looks good to me. I'm not diet guru though. It seems like it'd be great for fasted cardio cuz of no carbs or sugar. Otherwise the body would burn the sugar first.

Quote Originally Posted by likelifting View Post
    TJ - Do you take BCAAs b4 fasted cardio? What are your thoughts on BCAAs?
    I go through phases every year with BCAA intake. I won't use it unless I am cutting hard, simply because I don't see the point in spending the money on it when eating over maintenance is the case. I eat egg yolks and red meat ED along with a quality whey which includes 5-6 gr of BCAAs, so it would be a waste of money for me...

As for taking BCAAs before fasted cardio... I won't do it unless I am cutting hard and in need of high amounts of quality amino acids before fasted cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by cj111 View Post
    I know you weren't asking me but its relevant to your question. I take two scoops extend for my morning cardio and just sip it while I'm doing cardio. Does it help? Who knows, does it cheer me up early in the morning instead of drinking just water? Most definately
    Does Xtend have any sugars?

I thought it didn't but I just picked it up and read the label under other ingredients and one was sucralose, now I know sucralose contains no calories and its just used as a sweetener like aspartame or stevia. So since it not sugar theres no real harm in having it during cardio

The label online said no sugar and no carbs so thats what I was going by.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    I go through phases every year with BCAA intake. I won't use it unless I am cutting hard, simply because I don't see the point in spending the money on it when eating over maintenance is the case. I eat egg yolks and red meat ED along with a quality whey which includes 5-6 gr of BCAAs, so it would be a waste of money for me...

As for taking BCAAs before fasted cardio... I won't do it unless I am cutting hard and in need of high amounts of quality amino acids before fasted cardio.
    Thanks TJ.

Thread Information