Thread: Wendlers 5/3/1

Ginger84 is offline Junior Member

Wendlers 5/3/1

Anyone else ever do this program??

I want to try the beyond Wendler program now. The original worked well for me but really wanna check this one out. Cheers

Tnatious is offline Associate Member
    Not personally. But have many buddies using it! They say its SLOW progress BUT solid results!
    Look up the "STRONGLIFTS 5x5" program by MEHDI. Very similar. You only use Squats, Bench Press, barbell rows and then substitute Dead lifts for the Barbell Rows. M,W,F. Each time you hit the gym u add 5lbs to the bar!!!

Ya I saw that one also. I like these type of programs because I have only a power rack and barbells in my basement so it works out better .

Aaron330 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger84 View Post
    Anyone else ever do this program??

I want to try the beyond Wendler program now. The original worked well for me but really wanna check this one out. Cheers
    I have been on it since February. I was doing it for bench, squat, deadlift, close grip, overhead press, and front squat. Most of my lifts have been going up consistently, mostly deadlift, close grip and overhead press, which have literally been sky rocketing. But I stalled on squats and bench so I switched to different programs. But I ended up augmenting the program to going back down the ladder as well. Ie: 5-3-1(max)-3-5. Then after I did that for two months and ended up making the last two sets max out sets as well, which started to work even better. My deadlift went from 385# in January to 440# now. My close grip went from 225# to 265#.

So I would totally recommend trying 5/3/1. You can augment it however you like, but it's definitely a solid program.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron330

I have been on it since February. I was doing it for bench, squat, deadlift, close grip, overhead press, and front squat. Most of my lifts have been going up consistently, mostly deadlift, close grip and overhead press, which have literally been sky rocketing. But I stalled on squats and bench so I switched to different programs. But I ended up augmenting the program to going back down the ladder as well. Ie: 5-3-1(max)-3-5. Then after I did that for two months and ended up making the last two sets max out sets as well, which started to work even better. My deadlift went from 385# in January to 440# now. My close grip went from 225# to 265#.

So I would totally recommend trying 5/3/1. You can augment it however you like, but it's definitely a solid program.
    I really like it for sure.

Thread Information