Synhax is offline Associate Member

Training efficacy vs. frequency during busy schedule

Hi all,

Here's the thing, im in a middle of a bulk (no gear yet), and ideally i'd like to hit the gym 4-5 times/wk, which I usually manage. But being a grad student, sometimes I hit really rough patches w school, and become crazy busy for 1-2 wks where I find myself exhausted. Initially I tried to still hit the gym during those busy weeks around 4-5 times but the workouts are much shorter and less intense, and i dont really make much gains. Recently i decided to skip the days im really tired and just go 1-2 wks if i can, and I usually have better workouts but obviously the downside of that is that im not training as frequently and I dont hit all the muscle groups I usually do, but still make small progress with the ones that I do (i usually end up skipping shoulders and core, and just train back, chest, arms and maybe legs)

What do you guys think is a better route? Should I still be going to the gym even when I have bad days just to squeeze in a workout or is it better to rest up and go when im fresh? This happens once every 3wks or so I get a tough schedule to deal with, and im not sure what the best way of handling it.. im sure some of you guys go through the same thing sometimes, what do you do?

so no one had to deal with something similar? You guys must all be so lucky to have so much free time on your hands..

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I think if you are going to run a cycle you should make the most of it. The gym is the easiest part of all of this and you could probably get your workouts done in 45 minutes. 4 days ew would get all the muscle groups in

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Plan your routine and stick to it.....period. I had bronchitis for a month mid cycle and never missed a workout despite dying on the inside. Commit to it and turn bad days into good ones. You can't grow if you don't tear it down and you won't grow if you don't eat and let it repair.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Plan your routine and stick to it.....period. I had bronchitis for a month mid cycle and never missed a workout despite dying on the inside. Commit to it and turn bad days into good ones. You can't grow if you don't tear it down and you won't grow if you don't eat and let it repair.
    thats motivating, great mental toughness there, need more of that I guess. Still havent started cycle, but ill sure to stick with my routine even if going gets tough. Thanks for the input

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Synhax View Post

thats motivating, great mental toughness there, need more of that I guess. Still havent started cycle, but ill sure to stick with my routine even if going gets tough. Thanks for the input
    If you truly want to get the most out of this it needs to become a life style. You must fit in your training, rest and food intake around your schedule. Yes of course have some fun on the weekends and what not but dedication pays off.

Thread Information