fitguy is offline Anabolic Member

Most effective routine for ectomorphs

Was wondering guys whats the most effective workout routine for advanced ectomorphs you guys are doing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fitguy View Post
    Was wondering guys whats the most effective workout routine for advanced ectomorphs you guys are doing
    There is no such thing as a workout specific to anyone or any type. Everyone is different and requires different stimulation to achieve maximum gains.

Develop a workout plan based on your goals not body type. If you are a "hard gainer" you may need to eat more calories. If you have a hard time gaining muscle because of genetics just keep at it. It takes time.

-Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    There is no such thing as a workout specific to anyone or any type. Everyone is different and requires different stimulation to achieve maximum gains.

Develop a workout plan based on your goals not body type. If you are a "hard gainer" you may need to eat more calories. If you have a hard time gaining muscle because of genetics just keep at it. It takes time.

-Cheers
    What about iron mans hit

Blog Entries
    What about iron mans hit
    There are many paths that lead to muscle development. For some high intensity is very effective. For others volume is the primary mechanism. A well structured program IMO should incorporate variety to include both strength and hypertrophy ranges. Again its all individual and dependent on your goals. A strongman program, a bodybuilding program, a sport specific program, etc will all be very different in design. Current research suggests that to maximize gains a daily undulating program appears to be most optimal. However only you and your body can determine what is best. Its foolish to think that a generic program created for the masses is the end all be all.

tempest818 is offline Associate Member
    Comes down to diet my man, programs arent specific to bodytype. Dont confine yourself to a body type. Just eat more!

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, it's called eating more calories!

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
    Honestly, it's called eating more calories!
    This^^^^.

And then what in your head matters also. If u think your skinny and make excuses for you being skinny like "I'm a ectomorph" or I'm fat because my genetics don't let me lose weight is bull***t and thenot u will just dought yourself and won't hit your goals.

Figure out what kills u at the gym. up your cals and if u don't gain then up your cals even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    This^^^^.

And then what in your head matters also. If u think your skinny and make excuses for you being skinny like "I'm a ectomorph" or I'm fat because my genetics don't let me lose weight is bull***t and thenot u will just dought yourself and won't hit your goals.

Figure out what kills u at the gym. up your cals and if u don't gain then up your cals even more.
    Am not skinny by anymeans,am in good shape now but still
    I tend to gain muscle hard and loose mass easy this is how my body is,thanks

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Am not skinny by anymeans,am in good shape now but still
    I tend to gain muscle hard and loose mass easy this is how my body is,thanks
    Not trying to start a problem. Just giving advice. If u dont like it or don't want it. Don't ask for it.

I am happy that u are not skinny by any means aND that u are in good shape!

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Try a pyramid routine. Keep your workouts 2 less than one hour. Lots of rest between sets. Focus on two body parts each workout that's it . Don't over train.

Change your routine every 6 weeks. Every quarter take one week off. Eat 500 calories over your target weight mass. That means you should be eating 6 times a day. High protein meals. Also lots of carbs. Lots of rest should be sleeping 7 hours at night and resting whenever you can during the day. Keep the stress down. Meditate at night.

There's definitely a system for ectomorphs. By the way there is No 1 pure body type. We are all each a weighted Average of all 3 body types. Schwarzenegger talks about this in his early books.

Some good juice helps quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    Try a pyramid routine. Keep your workouts 2 less than one hour. Lots of rest between sets. Focus on two body parts each workout that's it . Don't over train.

Change your routine every 6 weeks. Every quarter take one week off. Eat 500 calories over your target weight mass. That means you should be eating 6 times a day. High protein meals. Also lots of carbs. Lots of rest should be sleeping 7 hours at night and resting whenever you can during the day. Keep the stress down. Meditate at night.

There's definitely a system for ectomorphs. By the way there is No 1 pure body type. We are all each a weighted Average of all 3 body types. Schwarzenegger talks about this in his early books.

Some good juice helps quite a bit.
    Now am doing a single body part workout and was looking for a change and when i said ectomorph that doesnt mean that am skinny right now but still my body tends to loose muscle easy while gaining muscle is more hard thats just how it is,being almost 200lbs at low bodyfat doesnt make me skinny anymore but still if i dont eat properly or workout i loose mass fast

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    We all vary but I have found MOST ecto's/hardgainers do best on low volume,,brief training. Similar to HIT(mentzer) or DC style training.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Don't over complicated it with the ectomorph talk. We all have what's known as human anatomy and we vary person to person in fast and slow twitch muscle fibers and the various kind in between. That's what dictates our training. Drop the outdated bro science. That's why we use what's known as percent of your one rep max. Go ahead and do periodization training meaning for several weeks at a time in the 80%-85% of 1rm which is like 4-6 reps and then I think it's 70% or 75% of your 1rm which would be for 8-10 reps for most people. I think it's the 70-75% of 1rm I can't remember for sure. anyways Make sure your applying progressive overload techniques in each period. My favorite of rest pauses. There are a few different ways to do them that I've read. Start there and keep reading and you will get the bigger idea. Don't forget to deload in between these periods.

So once I get to the higher rep lets say 6 reps in the phase i add 5 lbs bringing me back to 4 or 5 reps. prepare to see your strength go up and eventually your size. Size through strength is a great way to go.
    Last edited by crazy_rocks; 01-13-2016 at 11:31 PM.

zinghigh89 is offline Junior Member
    I don't think you can put a blanket program for all "ectomorphs" who I consider (and am one myself) undereaters. I trained hard and "ate so much food!" When I started tracking my calories it was hardly 2500 most days. Now that's not to say you need 4-6,000 like the magazines suggest but I think you can be much more versatile in your training approach if your slamming the calories and nutrients. My favorite split of all time is push, pull, legs. I did lift run bang by Paul Carter for a while and while it's not necessarily a "building" program, it will work fine for mass and strength given you increase load over time, and EAT

bigjohnny1 is offline New Member
    I'm an ecto. You gotta keep your diet to the point as well as exercise hard! cardio baby!

Thread Information