makingwaves is offline New Member

After 531 I need a change

So I have been training consistently for a couple years. At almost 45 I am hitting some goals/results for first time. I just did Wendell 531 for a year. Everything is stronger. A few things hurt. I feel less mobile/agile. My most recent goal is to lose 2 inches around belly button. I no longer want to make up my own program. Doing something tried and proven by lots of people is the way to go. I want to train my whole body 3x/wk. I hate cardio. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Proximal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by makingwaves View Post
    So I have been training consistently for a couple years. At almost 45 I am hitting some goals/results for first time. I just did Wendell 531 for a year. Everything is stronger. A few things hurt. I feel less mobile/agile. My most recent goal is to lose 2 inches around belly button. I no longer want to make up my own program. Doing something tried and proven by lots of people is the way to go. I want to train my whole body 3x/wk. I hate cardio. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Diet is the key to fat loss. I personally don't like and actually need to limit cardio (total hips). At 57, I responded to Paleo amazingly. Lost 10 pounds effortlessly.

I am working on diet but I know if I am not working out I don't care about diet.

Proximal is offline Banned
    High intensity circuit training type of workout - quickly going from exercise to exercise with as little rest as possible.

Not that I'm an expert on HIT, but since HIT decreases workout time, that would allow you to fit in the entire body, every workout.

Working equipment that allows you to move from one exercise to the next with little rest: like low cable biceps to high cable triceps, multiple exercises on a pull-down machine, having resistance tubing to fit in another movement or an ab movement in between sets? What's that program called I've seen on TV, P-90X and a million and one different versions?

Definitely want to emphasize multi-joint exercises like squats and deadlifts that utilize as many muscles as possible, require more energy and burn off more calories.

Also consider lifts like power cleans and the snatch movement.

And of course there's cross-fit routines/gyms.

Sorry, if you are simply looking for a complete, plug & play type of a program, then clearly the above is just wasting your time, my bad.
    Last edited by Proximal; 04-08-2016 at 11:58 AM.

I am leaning toward complexes for the met con and additional strength training for keeping muscle. But today I tried "The Rookie"
    Hang clean 3x95x12
    Deads 3x95x12
    OHP 3x95x12
    Front squats 3x95x12

Then I added some arm work.

Thread Information