Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: Recent study shows High Reps / Low Volume Load is much Beneficial.

matri.x is offline Associate Member

Recent study shows High Reps / Low Volume Load is much Beneficial.

Hello Everybody,

A recent study (Jan 2016) by "Asian J Sports Med" shows that hight rep (25-35 rep) with low load is much beneficial to increase Volume Load. again, it's beneficial to increase strength but not Muscle Mass.

here i posted the original PubMed untouched. Good Reading everybody.

Nizar Sport Science: Recent Study founds high reps (25-35 rep) and low load is much effective to increase Volume Load !

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe in this case VL or volume load equates to endurance rather than strength. Don't see any powerlifters, weightlifters or strongman competitors doing 25-35 reps as the core of their training regimen. For strength there's time proven methods that work.
    Marsoc likes this.

stpm is offline New Member
    I saw a video in russian where americans scientists did an experiment where it showed that doing high(20-30 and more) and low reps gained the same muscle mass. In 1RM low rep group increased 3 times more then high rep group. Then they did 50% of the weight and the higher rep group did 200kg more weight then lower rep group. For powerlifter this technique sucks but for BB it fits well. Also it lower a chance to get trauma when doing high reps.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I believe in this case VL or volume load equates to endurance rather than strength. Don't see any powerlifters, weightlifters or strongman competitors doing 25-35 reps as the core of their training regimen. For strength there's time proven methods that work.
    I agree no offense but fuck what a 140 lb scientists says on a lab study. Lol.
    Time proven through trial and error personal experience is what I go with Mainly but I consider different sources and try it

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    And there was also another study. Study study studies. ..anyways. It said that volume or weight didn't matter. All that mattered in the end. And which showed actual gains etc. was the group that went to failure. Actual failure each time

Thread Information