Steel_Test is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Blood Work Question HELP

I just had blood work done liver, chol, etc were normal. My kidney functions where high and blood platelets low. What can I do to fix or correct these problems. Is there a supplement out there that can help me balance the two.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Test View Post
    I just had blood work done liver, chol, etc were normal. My kidney functions where high and blood platelets low. What can I do to fix or correct these problems. Is there a supplement out there that can help me balance the two.
    What part of the kidney test was off (BUN?). Also, how low you talking on the platelets? Have you seen a rapid change with the platelet score? Other tests OK like hemoglobin, WBC, etc? Not sure how low you're talking, but be careful with products that have aspirin.

Yes BUN, dont remember how low the nurse told me when she called but I am going in wednesday to have more bloodwork done.

My paperwork shows I had this done:
    CBC
    CMP
    Lipid Profile
    PSA
    and a Urinalaysis

Anything on your CBC besides platelets out of range?

Get with your medical team and retest. In the meantime, I'd cut down on the protein intake, creatine, and definitely no alcohol. Are you experiencing BP issues? I have a cyst on my right kidney, so I've gone through a few episodes in the past involving the kidneys. I gave up drinking about 4 years ago and made some lifestyle changes for the better, which seemed to keep things in check for me.

All the nurse said was my platelets were low going back to do more BW tuesday, bp is good. I was worried about liver and cholestrol since I took anadrol @ 100mg for 8 weeks with test and tren . Been taking liver pills and omegas but that is good.

Are you still taking gear?
    Last edited by Steel_Test; 08-08-2010 at 10:52 PM.

Gear is my life ... I'm on TRT, so it's a continuous deal for me.

Some of it just depends on what the definition of low is. I have low platelets, but still in range. That's why I'm curious how fast and how much they have lowered. Also curious with the other stats to see if your body is having to fight some sort of infection or something. BTW, did they do a ALT/AST test? That's a good place to look when you're worried about how your liver stress is doing.

Keep us posted.

I will let you know after the results come in from the blood work being drawn tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Test View Post
    I will let you know after the results come in from the blood work being drawn tomorrow
    Cool, thanks!

The lab said they didn't run the blood sample for several hours, stating that is why the platelets were low. When I drew the second blood work everything was in range but kidney functions were elevated. Dr. said to increase water intake and decrease protein.

Thread Information